Filtering speed to dedicated turning lane

Chrispie

Hi all,

Pls look at posted scenario. i dont know if im the only one that feels like this...

Very often, some cars take their own sweet time to slow down WAY BEFORE APPROACHING the dedicated turning lane.. and even when they reach that lane to filter, they choose to either

1. slowly filter in, most of the time straddling both straight and turning lanes

2. or move in at the last minute

It is particular irritating to the cars behind. I usually will 'steer' into the lane at earliest possible time to avoid holding up any car behind me (of cos if there is a queue there, boh bian). How often do u kena a red light you didnt have to because of these cars?

post-30252-1335585326_thumb.jpgEspecially for right turning lanes, since lane 1 is for faster moving vehicle. So if you need to filter out to U turn or turn right? MOVE YOUR A$$ FASTER!

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

Pls look at posted scenario. i dont know if im the only one that feels like this...

Very often, some cars take their own sweet time to slow down WAY BEFORE APPROACHING the dedicated turning lane.. and even when they reach that lane to filter, they choose to either

1. slowly filter in, most of the time straddling both straight and turning lanes

It is particular irritating to the cars behind. I usually will 'steer' into the lane at earliest possible time to avoid holding up any car behind me (of cos if there is a queue there, boh bian). How often do u kena a red light you didnt have to because of these cars?

Especially for right turning lanes, since lane 1 is for faster moving vehicle. So if you need to filter out to U turn or turn right? MOVE YOUR A$$ FASTER!

There are all sorts of drivers everywhere, just learn to live with it bah, few days back I was complaining about changing lane while the road ahead is empty. There are a lot of drivers that don't anticipate the surrounding. If the lane on your left is clear, maybe you can undertake them.

Quite often, even if wanna save fuel also should not be at the expense of other traffic. Some slowed down more than 300 metres away.

Ok I give them the benefit of doubt that their tyres are totally worn out or they are nursing a punctured tyre.

Yeah its irritating but for that moment only, just move on after that.

Just have to be patient lah.

But the most DU-LAN must be this....

the slow car caused the rear straight cars to get stuck at the traffic light, while itself successful turned right and cleared the traffic light(green arrow).

Hi all,

Especially for right turning lanes, since lane 1 is for faster moving vehicle. So if you need to filter out to U turn or turn right? MOVE YOUR A$$ FASTER!

I believe you can fail if you try Highway Code test again. Lane 1 for overtaking/turning, not for faster moving vehicles. So do refresh on the Highway Code

Twincharged

I believe you can fail if you try Highway Code test again. Lane 1 for overtaking/turning, not for faster moving vehicles. So do refresh on the Highway Code

If you are faster doesn't that mean you are overtaking? How can you be not overtaking cars if you are not travelling at the same speed or slower?

Edited by Nzy

If you are faster doesn't that mean you are overtaking? How can you be not overtaking cars if you are not travelling at the same speed or slower?

If you believe what you mentioned. Good luck. [laugh]

Do remember sgp is 3rd world, or even lower, when it comes to social behaviors including driver behaviors on the roads... As long as we remember this our expectations of what drivers do in their selfish mind will not upset us so much.....

Twincharged

If you believe what you mentioned. Good luck. [laugh]

Maybe you can explain why you don't believe in this? If I am faster than a car on lane 2 it means I am overtaking him right? It cannot be possible that when I am faster than a car on lane 2 and I am still unable to overtake him right?

Its not like TS say he is moving slower than the other vehicles. You should read carefully. He said he is faster than the other vehicles so it means he is overtaking. Isn't lane 1 for overtaking also?

Do remember sgp is 3rd world, or even lower, when it comes to social behaviors including driver behaviors on the roads... As long as we remember this our expectations of what drivers do in their selfish mind will not upset us so much.....

I only diligently remember to drive safely [laugh]

Maybe you can explain why you don't believe in this? If I am faster than a car on lane 2 it means I am overtaking him right? It cannot be possible that when I am faster than a car on lane 2 and I am still unable to overtake him right?

Its not like TS say he is moving slower than the other vehicles. You should read carefully. He said he is faster than the other vehicles so it means he is overtaking. Isn't lane 1 for overtaking also?

TS only mentioned he was travelling behind front car in Lane 1. Those happened to be turning right, so slowed down. No mention of any vehicle besides him in Lane 2. So TS did not overtook anyone. TS was road hogging in Lane 1, but disappointed/frustrated by the rigth turning traffic ahead that slowed down to enter right trun lane. TS would had passed the right turning vehicles, not overtook (no vehicle on his left for him to overtook).

I only diligently remember to drive safely [laugh]

You are being practical / sensible by driving carefully, meanwhile mental preparation not to be distracted or disturbed by others' inconsiderate driving will help our mind to stay relaxed. [:)]

You are being practical / sensible by driving carefully, meanwhile mental preparation not to be distracted or disturbed by others' inconsiderate driving will help our mind to stay relaxed. [:)]

So far so good. More wary of suicide cyclists/pedestrians, and a few incorrect signalling motorists now and then.

Actually I was told by my bbdc instructor few years back that we should go in at a normal driving speed den slow down after whole car is inside the filter or turning lane, (i.e. u-turn, right turn at traffic or right exit).

The reason he gave was because the speed of cars at right lane is usually faster and if we suddenly slow down, we might cause the behind cars to brake suddenly and might cause an accident. so go in fast and then slow down once whole car is inside.

Just have to be patient lah.

But the most DU-LAN must be this....

the slow car caused the rear straight cars to get stuck at the traffic light, while itself successful turned right and cleared the traffic light(green arrow).

i'm very much guilty of doing this probably all the time, i don't like to step on my brakes so i like to cruise and let the speed drop until i'm just nice within the correct speed to do the turn

but to be fair i am able to do corners at good speeds, unlike ah peks who can only do a turn at 20km/h

i'm very much guilty of doing this probably all the time, i don't like to step on my brakes so i like to cruise and let the speed drop until i'm just nice within the correct speed to do the turn

but to be fair i am able to do corners at good speeds, unlike ah peks who can only do a turn at 20km/h

Ya petrol ex ma, can roll just roll la, but if got car close behind try to start the roll a bit later and signal earlier

Hi all,

watch out for bikers who like to potter slowly on Lane 1 just so they can get to the head of the pack of vehicles turning right. Yes, they are turning right.

Hi all,

totally agreed with you and i hate that! :angry:

the behind car will have to slow down or even brake.

just don't understand why there are such drivers. want to filter, quickly go to the correct lane and not keeping both lanes! <_<

↡ Advertisement