Is the hot weather affecting the FC of your ride?

Ronleech

I noticed recent my FC gone up. I am clocking 10-15% less distance before topping up.

Could it be the hot weather?

↡ Advertisement

I noticed recent my FC gone up. I am clocking 10-15% less distance before topping up.

Did you lower your AC temp due to high temp, if yes, then it will affect.

Also is your car dark in colour?

no leh......somemore i on 1 for my air con onli.....or is my travelling distance, shorter at intervals, affectTing it? use to travel 38+- km to and fro work, now 15km to and fro onli....puzzelled me...

So far it does no apply to my Cruze and previous Altis. The main contributing factor, is way of driving habit and the weight of the car vs the engine capacity. I used to see ppl like to throttle their cars fast at junctions. You might see as temporarily and short increase of FC. If you add on every junction by doing that, it affects FC. We have ppl commenting especially on FC on certain cars, but have ignore the driving habits. A good example is the Cruze that I am driving. People commenting bad FCs. After driving my new Cruze for awhile, I realized the FC a is good of 12km/L average compare to my old Altis of 13.5km/L.

I noted hot weather plays a part of reduced FC. Other than the A/C, I see that parking your ride under hot sun especially at workplace or home will somehow reduce the mileage. My guess the petrol sort of evaporate??

evaporated? then where will it goes too? i turned into gases and went outta the tank? Possible? hhmmm...

↡ Advertisement