Discussion on Gout problem

LoverofCar

7 Foods that Prevent Gout

Gout is a disease that is caused by uric acid build-up in the body. Uric acid is formed when the digestive system breaks down purines in our food. A diet low in purines helps by allowing excess uric acid to be flushed out in the urine.

Here are some foods that prevent gout.

1.Pineapple

Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that is an anti-inflammatory. Research has found that supplementing with bromelain may relieve the pain associated with gout.

2.Ginger

Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory that has been found reapeatedly in clinical studies to reduce chronic inflammation. One study in mice found that a compound in ginger may help to reduce the inflammation associated with uric acid buildup.

3.Turmeric

Turmeric has long been recognized as an anti-inflammatory by many cultures and has been proven in several studies. Some experts recommend a daily dose of turmeric to reduce the inflammation associated with gout.

4.Cherry Juice

Cherry juice has been used to alleiviate gout symptoms for decades. Small studies in Italy and the United States have reported sucess with cherry juice as a gout treatment, though scientists are not certain what mechanism is active in producing this result. Cherry juice does not appear to lower uric acid levels directly but research suggests that its antiinflammatory properties may play a role in reducing gout attack occurrence from 3-4 times per year to about once a year.

5.Hot Peppers

Hot peppers are rich in vitamin C which has been shown to reduce uric acid levels.

6.Watercress

Watercress contains moderate levels of vitamins and minerals and is reputed to be very beneficial to the kidneys. It may help to rid the body of excess uric acid.

7.Lemons

Studies have found that the higher a person's vitamin C intake, the lower the incidence of gout. Try adding lemon to your water every day to alleviate gout symptoms.

Wah u so power

↡ Advertisement

Tried Eu Yan Sang TCM... didn't really help. Allopurinol if long term... once more or less ok, should try to go for moderate exercise. For me, jogging and sweating actually helps a lot.

Bro able to provide Eu Yan Sang TCM address? tkx

Bro able to provide Eu Yan Sang TCM address? tkx

skip tcm or any doctor lah, nothing help, waste time & $

watch ur diet can liao..

peanut, beer, seafood, organs, red meat... all byebye to them & u be gout free.....

What you eat is what you get. Change diet and have a balanced diet.

Be more observant and discover for yourself what foods go well and what foods are junk.

(edited)

Oldenlandia water , try to drink some then alot of water , as it promotes diuresis . Best way to reduce uric acid is to urine more. Of course provided if your kidney is good. As for chinese herd i thnk tu fu ling , but this one better consult your tcm practioner, do remember to avoid black tea. Or our regular tea we drink.

My uncle had it for years and it got better after he took some.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

Try cat whisker tea.. Works wonders for my old man and me. In fact my Dad drinks 4 to 5 x weekly and haven't had any attacks for 2 yrs. Before tt its a monthly affair. Can get from Chinese medical halls. 猫须草.. Just add hot water to a small portion of the twigs and dried leaves and wait 15 / 20 min b4 drinking ( just like drinking tea) not bitter at all. usually get from jb.. I think 3 or 5 rm for a small pack..

Oldenlandia water , try to drink some then alot of water , as it promotes diuresis . Best way to reduce uric acid is to urine more. Of course provided if your kidney is good. As for chinese herd i thnk tu fu ling , but this one better consult your tcm practioner, do remember to avoid black tea. Or our regular tea we drink.

My uncle had it for years and it got better after he took some.

Tks for the tip.

Try cat whisker tea.. Works wonders for my old man and me. In fact my Dad drinks 4 to 5 x weekly and haven't had any attacks for 2 yrs. Before tt its a monthly affair. Can get from Chinese medical halls. 猫须草.. Just add hot water to a small portion of the twigs and dried leaves and wait 15 / 20 min b4 drinking ( just like drinking tea) not bitter at all. usually get from jb.. I think 3 or 5 rm for a small pack..

Will let my friend know of this, Tks very much.

Wah u so power

speaking from real experience... one day you will know how painful it is :) pls save this informative advice and dun come begging me to provide info again when you need it [laugh]

Go for Hot Spring at Melaka it might help though...cheapest and long term solution..

The hot spring water numbs the pain. The pain is still there except you feel better.

Better to start with diet change.

Edited by Kangadrool

The hot spring water numbs the pain. The pain is still there except you feel better.

Better to start with diet change.

numb meh...not cooked liao so no feeling liao...... [laugh]

but the best method is really to control your diet..........and I'm still trying beri hard to....... [:p]

Turbocharged

i hv gout since 25. but no doc believe.

cb docs all say i m too young to hv gout. until 2 years ago, i fall n 3 docs suspect meniscus tear, so i skip mri n do a op... when i wake up, full knee is fill with crystal...they take 7 years to confirm i have gout. zzzzz

peanuts trigger my gout v easily.. it my fav food, whenever i m on a flight, i will take 1 - 2 pact of peanuts, when i land, i will be in pain & i dont know y.

seafood n mutton trigger it too, but must eat alot .

beer i can drink for 2 - 3 days n nothing happen.

did u all downgrade ur pse status for gout? they give me c9l3

i believe i will kana depression soon..

peanut, beer, seafood, mutton, all r my favorite food . zzzzz

i have gout since 15!

doc says me missing enzymes to process the uric acid...

no need to be depress, REN MING is better, easier to deal with than being angry and Frustrated

i am 37, have gout for 22 years... REN MING!

i have gout since 15!

doc says me missing enzymes to process the uric acid...

no need to be depress, REN MING is better, easier to deal with than being angry and Frustrated

i am 37, have gout for 22 years... REN MING!

at first i thought is 人命。。。。。。 [laugh]

↡ Advertisement