Best Motoring: 86 vs BR-z vs MX-5

Recently I met an owner of a Type-R. I sold him something (non car related). So we had some car chat after that. He told me he's been driving 4 or 5 hondas (i can't remember exactly) before the Type-R (Honda fan). What he told me next made me :o . He said the Type-R was the most understeered honda he's ever driven.

So I was thinkin.. u pay so much for insurance (4k +), 4 door car, FWD, very bad understeer (according to him), y wud people still buy that car? Mebbe go on a straight road is fun?

well, maybe his 'R' is set up abit differently? could be worn tyres, could be sandy road? could be anything...

in any case, we'd be speculating...

in my case, i've only had very neutral bordering on oversteery feel on a type-r. driving style might affect how the car reacts too.

look, i'm not a proponent on FF or RWD or anything... don't need to feel personally attacked :)

BM isn't the most independant of all motoring journalists.

the BRZ is a hard top coupe, that takes a whole lap to overtake an open top car with less power and longer gear ratios

twists and turns on the track should in fact allow the BRZ overtake even sooner.

what i am really saying is, take a pinch of salt when watching motoring videos, expecially Best Motoring.

btw, FF is fun, you've never tried a Type-R or a Ford RS.

You really should watch more track races...

On the corners of a rack track, there is this thing called a racing line. It's the most ideal line to travel the fastest around the corner. If there's a similar car in front of you, it will be blocking your racing line. Going out of the racing line would mean that you are taking a longer and slower route.

Both the Type-R and Ford RS are certainly good cars. But they are front-heavy and naturally understeer (nothing to do with how you drive). There's nothing fun about a car which refuses to turn when you want it to...

nah... I think you're only familiar with straight lines and open roads... both the BRZ and 86 "overtake" the MX-5 by 1 to 2 car lengths within 400 metres... can?

(edited)

That's why B&B cars are mostly FF..

Cant imagine if B&B cars are FR/MR.. insurance co will laugh all the way to the bank

RWD are not that bad what [rolleyes]

still can control

Edited by Mllcg

You really should watch more track races...

On the corners of a rack track, there is this thing called a racing line. It's the most ideal line to travel the fastest around the corner. If there's a similar car in front of you, it will be blocking your racing line. Going out of the racing line would mean that you are taking a longer and slower route.

Both the Type-R and Ford RS are certainly good cars. But they are front-heavy and naturally understeer (nothing to do with how you drive). There's nothing fun about a car which refuses to turn when you want it to...

hehe, you're funny dude! :D

have a nice day!