Pre Paid SIM

Yusld

Need a pre paid Sim just for incoming calls. But is it all pre paid starts with at least $18 and above, a new card new number?

Anywhere can purchase cheaper pre paid Sim?

From what I know, most pre-paid SIMs is about $18 or so. Only subsequent top-ups can be $10 minimum, though someone told me before can use SAM machine or something to top up $5 only!!

Btw, if I'm using a pre-paid SIM on my current phone now, but my friend gives me his HP which can only fit a micro-SIM slot. Then how? Must I give up my current SIM number in order to go to a telco shop to purchase a new pre-paid micro-SIM? But in doing so, then that would mean I would have to give up my current SIM hp number leh, the existing number can't be ported over to the new micro-SIM card rite?

I know from some basic research on the web, some people says can cut their SIM to fit the exact size of a micro-SIM card size, though I don't think I will go down this path..

Pls advise...

From what I know, most pre-paid SIMs is about $18 or so. Only subsequent top-ups can be $10 minimum, though someone told me before can use SAM machine or something to top up $5 only!!

Btw, if I'm using a pre-paid SIM on my current phone now, but my friend gives me his HP which can only fit a micro-SIM slot. Then how? Must I give up my current SIM number in order to go to a telco shop to purchase a new pre-paid micro-SIM? But in doing so, then that would mean I would have to give up my current SIM hp number leh, the existing number can't be ported over to the new micro-SIM card rite?

I know from some basic research on the web, some people says can cut their SIM to fit the exact size of a micro-SIM card size, though I don't think I will go down this path..

Pls advise...

Cutting the SIM card is the only way.. there are tools to cut down to exact size.. can buy in SLS

no need lah..i hv the cutter....bought for $2.5 [laugh][laugh] ebay

piak paik no need tool....cut SIM card need? [laugh] [laugh]

Need a pre paid Sim just for incoming calls. But is it all pre paid starts with at least $18 and above, a new card new number?

There is an 8 dollar version. Just go to 7-11 and ask.

If you really wanna stretch the dollar, go to lucky plaza on sunday and get a starhub sim card for only 8 bucks but get 16 bucks worth of value with a goody bag irrc. It's a sunday special

There is an 8 dollar version. Just go to 7-11 and ask.

If you really wanna stretch the dollar, go to lucky plaza on sunday and get a starhub sim card for only 8 bucks but get 16 bucks worth of value with a goody bag irrc. It's a sunday special

i thot i saw goody BANG......yes, Lucky plaza many pinoys on sunday [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh, cutting is the only way iszit?? Err, any "side effects" or implications or not arh?? Like line becoming unstable, or cause the hp to hang or something?? SLS got sell huh, what's it called again e proper name??

im using a cut card and no problem lar... i think easily more than 20 cut sim card in my office... why worry so much?... [laugh]

Pls advise...

Deplete your card value, then switch over to another operator, request for micro-SIM card with number ported over. [scholar] Then, can always switch back again if you prefer.

1st Gear

Pls advise...

Think most new Sim cost $18 and above too.

Just cut it to micro size lah.

Or buy this post-90165-1335946861_thumb.jpg Micro Sim adapter

So if you want to fit your Micro Sim to normal Sim slot, you also can do it.

For new registration can sign up at any 24hr convenient stores ie. 7-eleven, Cheers etc.

Topping up of balance can be purchase at mama shops or provision shops which can get some

discount depending on the boss. Eg. Hicard 128 and Happy128 can be bought at $25.50 instead

of regular $28 at convenient stores. AXS machines also can topup using Nets and can enjoy extra bonus of free minutes.

1st Gear

For new registration can sign up at any 24hr convenient stores ie. 7-eleven, Cheers etc.

Topping up of balance can be purchase at mama shops or provision shops which can get some

discount depending on the boss. Eg. Hicard 128 and Happy128 can be bought at $25.50 instead

of regular $28 at convenient stores. AXS machines also can topup using Nets and can enjoy extra bonus of free minutes.

I think TS need a Sim card just to receive incoming calls, and he/she felt that $18 too Ex.

Receive calls also must pay one de. Even those with "free" incoming calls one still need to pay something like 60 cents per day. So, $18 for abt 1 month finish liao.

Just bought a M1 prepaid SIM with new no. now promo $15 only but inside got $18 value

take note your card will expire if u don't do top up after a period of time (cant remember how many months)

Edited by Ethene

some info, maybe useful.

Got my SH pre paid at $8 value. paid $10 at ah beng phone shop, HDB estate. dont go to 7-11 shops. so many of them have excuse that they dont have the machine to scan IC, so waste of time.

turn off your data immediately, else your value drop due to using smart phones to log in.

some info, maybe useful.

Got my SH pre paid at $8 value. paid $10 at ah beng phone shop, HDB estate. dont go to 7-11 shops. so many of them have excuse that they dont have the machine to scan IC, so waste of time.

turn off your data immediately, else your value drop due to using smart phones to log in.

Can you PM me the Ah Beng shop?

This is what i am looking for.