Continental Premium Contact 2 vs Bridgestone Turanza ER300

Gohsj89

I am driving a Toyota Vios.

With current profile of 195/55/15, I enjoy a more comfy ride, many times, I don't realize I was already traveling at 110 km/h, and mind you, I mentioned I am driving a Vios :p

But I suffered with poorer pickup as compared to my previous 195/50/15, which gives me a very bumpy and road sensitive ride.

I am now toying with the idea of 185/55/15. Hope it's a right balance and correct choice.

As my topic, I am trying to judge if the above mentioned tyre can suit my driving.

When I was still a cool driver,

Goodyear NCT5 175/65/14 - normal a-b tyre

Sumitomo HTR200 185/65/14 - normal a-b tyre

When my patience runs out due to road idiots

Bridgestone Turanza RE080 185/60/15- crap!!!

Toyo DRB 195/50/15 - good in dry, wet i no balls. sensitive to road surface, loud

Hankook VENTUS ME01 195/55/15 - dry acceptable, wet is purely crap and i meant it. more on the comfort side.

Was reading on Michelin PS3 but I thought it would be a bit overkill for me.

Continental Premium Contact 2 vs Bridgestone Turanza ER300 I like the thread pattern and I believe they are better than normal tyre.

↡ Advertisement

I am driving a Toyota Vios.

With current profile of 195/55/15, I enjoy a more comfy ride, many times, I don't realize I was already traveling at 110 km/h, and mind you, I mentioned I am driving a Vios :p

But I suffered with poorer pickup as compared to my previous 195/50/15, which gives me a very bumpy and road sensitive ride.

I am now toying with the idea of 185/55/15. Hope it's a right balance and correct choice.

As my topic, I am trying to judge if the above mentioned tyre can suit my driving.

When I was still a cool driver,

Goodyear NCT5 175/65/14 - normal a-b tyre

Sumitomo HTR200 185/65/14 - normal a-b tyre

When my patience runs out due to road idiots

Bridgestone Turanza RE080 185/60/15- crap!!!

Toyo DRB 195/50/15 - good in dry, wet i no balls. sensitive to road surface, loud

Hankook VENTUS ME01 195/55/15 - dry acceptable, wet is purely crap and i meant it. more on the comfort side.

Was reading on Michelin PS3 but I thought it would be a bit overkill for me.

Continental Premium Contact 2 vs Bridgestone Turanza ER300 I like the thread pattern and I believe they are better than normal tyre.

PS3 is really very good, currently on it 17", no regrets getting it...how much more is it above your budget?

my previous tires were cpc2, 205/55/R16... good tires... made in portugal... got it for $160pc... wear off at almost 40k... wet grip is good... low noise... if youre the type who wack corners, then its not recommended cause the tire wall is soft...

now running on ps3, 215/45/R17... i find them both the same... tire wall abit soft...

I don't whack corner, but I am more to a quiet ride and relatively good at wet because i still drive the same speed even at wet road but with longer gap between the car infront.

Read on PS3 that it can slice thru big puddle of water, not sure if CPC2 can do it a not.

yours is a 16" tyre, so your CPC 2 have 4 water groove,

mine is a 15" tyre and so it will only have 3 water groove,

[refer to picture below]

thus my feeling is the water capability has some different.

but i hope it can be as good as what you says because i am really interested in this tyre.

I believe the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is a little bit nosier than the Continental Premium Contact 2?

CPC2_11.jpg

photo_7_2.jpg

ohh i get what you mean.

i mean the performance, coz i driving a fully stock vios with just a k&n drop in filter.

Michelin PS3 to me is for people driving cars like type R etc..

mine is just a humble family car [cool]

if i get this tyre will just because i want a tyre that is good in wet capability and occationally spirited drivng which is not so spiritual afterall.

Neutral Newbie

PS3 will tick both the quietness (due to it's softer sidewall) and good wet performance (best in class). Cornering ability is nothing to write home about, CSC2 is far superior in this department. It's the replacement for Pilot Preceda 2 with better wear characteristic. If price is an issue try hankook evo 12, wet and dry performance is more than acceptable. For noise its OK maybe some other brothers would chime in as this is not a particular characteristic that is a priority for me

I would chose ER300 over CSC 2 for better wet braking characteristics

Enjoy

I'm on 205/55/16 CPC2 for about 60kkm+ now and still loving it!

ER300 is quieter but CPC2 grip is better. Both can cut only shallow water puddle.

PS3 will tick both the quietness (due to it's softer sidewall) and good wet performance (best in class). Cornering ability is nothing to write home about, CSC2 is far superior in this department. It's the replacement for Pilot Preceda 2 with better wear characteristic. If price is an issue try hankook evo 12, wet and dry performance is more than acceptable. For noise its OK maybe some other brothers would chime in as this is not a particular characteristic that is a priority for me

I would chose ER300 over CSC 2 for better wet braking characteristics

Enjoy

haha nope, price ain't an issue but i won't want to try directional tyre.

somehow i just love premium assy. tyre.

I'm on 205/55/16 CPC2 for about 60kkm+ now and still loving it!

ER300 is quieter but CPC2 grip is better. Both can cut only shallow water puddle.

hi bor, you tried both?

can eleborate more? would like to hear more from you in this case :)

hi bor, you tried both?

can eleborate more? would like to hear more from you in this case :)

Yes prior to Conti CPC2, I was using Yoko ER300. Both had been tested on NSHW to KL.

I felt that both sidewalls are comparably soft but Conti handles better. Shorter braking distance too.

I would say they are almost equally good but I prefer Conti.

What's your concern?

My stock tyres were ER300. Not say a super grippy tyre but decent. A trade off with this tyre is it wear off is lopsided. You might think my alignment is out. Actually, no, I did alignment every 10k and it still wear off like that. Now on Michelin XM1, its wear rate is good, on it for near 40k and yet the thread is still good and wear rate is even. Though coming 2 years, I think it still can go on till about 2.5 years before I take it off and change to a new set of tyres. Recently enquire from ALTC tyres and ER300 for my size cost about $105 while XM2 cost $145. Think I'll go back to ER300 though wear rate is poor. Anyway, for Michelin series, I can't finish using it in 2 years, so no point getting an expensive tyre as my rule of thumb is change it out even though it still has thread but reach my expected 2 years life span.

Yes prior to Conti CPC2, I was using Yoko ER300. Both had been tested on NSHW to KL.

I felt that both sidewalls are comparably soft but Conti handles better. Shorter braking distance too.

What's your concern?

concern is noise and wet :)

What's your concern?

erm, bridgestone you mean?

Then i would suggest you get CPC2. [thumbsup]

thx bro :)

any idea where can i get?

buy tyre need to compare price.

for 185/55/15, stamford tyre quote me $160 nett pet tyre after discount.

↡ Advertisement