Need Help & Advise on Traffic Case

Topaz

Hi ,

About 6 months ago, I was driving along the center lane of the road, wanted to change lane to right and so i turn on my right turn signal, was checking my side mirror and rear mirror when i saw a motorbike behind me skidded. As im the nearest to him, my passenger & myself decide to alight to help the motorist who fell. He seems fine with some superficial scratches , i offer to call ambulance but he refuse n instead told me to give him money as i was the one who cause him to skid, clearly he was speeding behind me from the upstream traffic junction, i don't mind giving him money if he need help but then he is falsely accusing me of causing him to skid when all i did is on the right turn signal. So i refuse n instead told him to seek medical help to check his wound. A passerby call the traffic police who came but did not do any traffic report as there is no contact between the vehicle and the motorist also rode his bike away after failing to get money from me. I was advise to make a report at my insurance workshop within 24 hr to protect myself in case the motorist claim my insurance, which i did, workshop take note that there is no contact after detail inspection.

As predicted, the motorist did file an insurance claim. But due to insufficient evidence , the claim have yet to get through. 2-3 months later, i got a summon from traffic police who also ibform me that the motorist got a 7 days mc n hence it have become a injury case. 4 months later, i got a notice for traffic offence- careless driving , change lane abruptly which result in collision !! This is a total lie !!!! So i appeal by writing to TP but to no avail, 2 weeks after appeal TP inform me they have sufficient evidence to summon me ??! 1) there is no contact , how to have collision? 2) i haven't even change lane .

Really saddened by this , where is justice !! Wat shd i do ? Fo [:/] rce to be admit to a offence i never did ?!

, by twisting the fact so easily by the motorist, we r encouraging irresponsible behaviour, which make driving on the road more dangerous , the traffic laws have fail then.

↡ Advertisement

Lawyer? So i get a lawyer to act for my case against traffic police?

Yes, i intent to report this case to MP, i felt so wronged n trouble. I don't understand how the TP can simply proseucute me without checking the fact . They never even talk to me !! Haiz ... Sibei TL.

Hypersonic

You ho sim helped that bugger then kenna this kind of s--t? No wonder people here always asked us to mind our own business.

Hypersonic

Yes, i intent to report this case to MP, i felt so wronged n trouble. I don't understand how the TP can simply proseucute me without checking the fact . They never even talk to me !! Haiz ... Sibei TL.

Don't worry. There is no case. There is clearly no evidents from TP. I suspect the only evident is the statement from the motorcyclist. There is no contact whatsoever as verified by your insurer's workshop so you are safe. The law in Singapore requires the prosecutor to prove beyond reasonable doubts that you were at fault. If they are unable to prove (even if you are really at fault, which wasn't), you are safe.

Well, your rights are affected. Lawyers are trained to protect your rights. MPs are useless.

Don't worry. There is no case. There is clearly no evidents from TP. I suspect the only evident is the statement from the motorcyclist. There is no contact whatsoever as verified by your insurer's workshop so you are safe. The law in Singapore requires the prosecutor to prove beyond reasonable doubts that you were at fault. If they are unable to prove (even if you are really at fault, which wasn't), you are safe.

It is a relief if this is so , but after my 1st appeal in the resend summon letter from TP, they claim they have 'sufficient evidence' . I wonder how and why. N i will be appalled by our TP if all they want is to close the case by issue a summon without proper investigation.

MP took our taxpayer money , so it is their job to represent us rite . Lawyer fee starts from $4500 ... Arrgghh

TP evidence could simply be the records that an accident happened at that time, and the car n motorcycle licence plate was taken by the reporting policemen at that time.

There will not likely be photo evidence.

Anyway.....an attempt to change lane and thus causing the motorcycle to brake suddenly and fell, could be attributed to the car driver being careless. Very gray area.

MP took our taxpayer money , so it is their job to represent us rite . Lawyer fee starts from $4500 ... Arrgghh

MPs represent, but they are useless at it. I would pay to protect my rights. Anyhow, its your call.

TP evidence could simply be the records that an accident happened at that time, and the car n motorcycle licence plate was taken by the reporting policemen at that time.

There will not likely be photo evidence.

Anyway.....an attempt to change lane and thus causing the motorcycle to brake suddenly and fell, could be attributed to the car driver being careless. Very gray area.

The thing is I never change lane , but i on right turn signal. Then again i can prove using a basic speed time graph that motorist is actually speeding, probably skidded due to wrong judgement. Wonder the calc can be valid. I try explain to the police but he seem blur

MPs represent, but they are useless at it. I would pay to protect my rights. Anyhow, its your call.

I though my insurance shd have their own lawyers to act for our behalf? Anyway, any good lawyer contact u can recommend me? Can pm me. Thks

You ho sim helped that bugger then kenna this kind of s--t? No wonder people here always asked us to mind our own business.

I should have drive off n mind my own business !! [:|]

I though my insurance shd have their own lawyers to act for our behalf? Anyway, any good lawyer contact u can recommend me? Can pm me. Thks

Unfortunately, I do not know any lawyers who deal with criminal work.The lawyers I deal with are skilled in commercial matters. Sorry, bro....

Supercharged

I should have drive off n mind my own business !! [:|]

indeed..i would rather help an FT than a fellow sinkie..no apologies, no thank yous and might even blame u for stopping..such is the harsh fact -_-

Well first of all, this incident teach us to be heartless and don't be ho sim if you see a motorcyclist lying on the road.

Second, you will need to explain a little bit further, not to us but at least for the TP. Usually for most people, we check mirrors and blindspot before changing lane. I don't think most of us would bother to double check again after the first checks were completed. Although you did not change lane, what prompt you to check the mirror again and hence saw the motorist on the road? I suppose you would need to explain to the TP on this and make your statement rock solid.

↡ Advertisement