Need Help & Advise on Traffic Case

Topaz

It is a relief if this is so , but after my 1st appeal in the resend summon letter from TP, they claim they have 'sufficient evidence' . I wonder how and why. N i will be appalled by our TP if all they want is to close the case by issue a summon without proper investigation.

You know exactly what happened. If you know that you are truly innocent, there is nothing to worry because the police will have to produce the evidence in court. Is their evidence a witness?? Is the witness a credible witness???

Don't be easily cowered by claims which may not be supported without proofs. Eventually, the courts will be the one who decides and I believe your kindness will eventually exonerate you.

If necessary, go to following websites:

1) Law Society on Pro Bono Services

2) Community Legal Clinics

and get some information which may be useful to you for lawyers who provide pro bono services.

All the best and good luck! [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Well first of all, this incident teach us to be heartless and don't be ho sim if you see a motorcyclist lying on the road.

Second, you will need to explain a little bit further, not to us but at least for the TP. Usually for most people, we check mirrors and blindspot before changing lane. I don't think most of us would bother to double check again after the first checks were completed. Although you did not change lane, what prompt you to check the mirror again and hence saw the motorist on the road? I suppose you would need to explain to the TP on this and make your statement rock solid.

Is wat i usually do spontaneously before lane change, never even think when i do this check , maybe well-train by driving sch fac9c9419545192

...also im moving only at less than 40km/hr cos i only just move off from stationary, suppose that is y i check again, possibly i also saw a speeding object way behind. So i check 2nd time. Now im being punish for doing the right thing !! So injust !!! [speechless]

1st Gear

The TP summon is the reason for the claim,

If you can refute this summon, then all their claims will fall apart.

Get a lawyer to do it and also your insurance into the picture, The claim amount for personal injury and lost of income is high.

You know exactly what happened. If you know that you are truly innocent, there is nothing to worry because the police will have to produce the evidence in court. Is their evidence a witness?? Is the witness a credible witness???

Don't be easily cowered by claims which may not be supported without proofs. Eventually, the courts will be the one who decides and I believe your kindness will eventually exonerate you.

If necessary, go to following websites:

1) Law Society on Pro Bono Services

2) Community Legal Clinics

and get some information which may be useful to you for lawyers who provide pro bono services.

All the best and good luck! [wave]

Thanks for words of support!

I felt really really upset by this incident.

The TP summon is the reason for the claim,

If you can refute this summon, then all their claims will fall apart.

Get a lawyer to do it and also your insurance into the picture, The claim amount for personal injury and lost of income is high.

Yes ur rite ... Now the careful driver is punish n the dangerous motorist is in the right. I have pictures taken at the insurance workshop within 24 hr, which show no contact , can this be a valid evidence that no collision take place ??

Neutral Newbie

Maybe its ur misadjustment how near the bike is that caused him to fall? If he is that far away, why will u stop to help him up? He must be falling v near to ur car even if no collusion, maybe ur car abit into the next lane scared him lah..

I think the problem is nowadays doctors is readily giving long MC for even the most minor injuries. I fell of from a bicycle 3 months ago and the doctor gave me 14 days MC!

Once a few days MC is given, traffic police will treat the case very seriously. I was called by traffic police, police and my wife was also contacted by them. They wanted to know if any foul play involved and I kept insisting that it is only me cycling and fell down. They said that since I was given 14 days MC, they have to treat my case thoroughly and it's consider a traffic accident!

I guess the motorcyclist must have asked for more MC days and blow this out of proportion. You should tell the TP that a TP arrived at the scene, but the motorist ran away despite knowing thatnTP will be coming. Also mention that he asked you for money when you stopped to help him. When he failed to get money from you he ran away without waiting for TP arrival. Make it sound like he is extorting money from you.

If he's injury is serious, he wouldn't be able to ride away.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

bro not being a dickhead but u should have juz left him n heck care . how can u be so angelic . is not as if u knock him at the side or in front of u . he is behind u ! so watever happen , u can juz cook up story if say u r not showing signal or wat . furthermore u showed signal . u saw him skidded u should have ignored . omfg wat were u tinking . do u noe tat nowadays instead of helping ppl u will get urself in deep trouble . if u knock him right in front of u tats a different story . but he skidded behind u . who gives a rat ass seriously . motorbikes n cyclist are veri hazardous to traffics . now since u alreadi get involved . juz say that u alreadi show signal . n u r not even sure that u were the one who actually knock into him . the b------d is trying to take advantage of u . a lot of ppl noe this kind of f--ker one . u muz defend urself n act blur . as u r in the position to do so . n in this case , U r not even 50% at fault lei . ask him go die la .

edit : ur case is a little bit similar to mine . juz tat mine is an idiotic cyclists . DENY N PLEAD NOT GUILTY n fight till the end . defend urself . this is b-------t . all the tp can do is juz issue summon summon without even looking at situation properly JUZ becoz they r a 2 wheel cheap ass on the road . singapore law always defend 2 wheeler . by any means u have to defend urself . find a way to fight .

Edited by Fd3s57

bro not being a dickhead but u should have juz left him n heck care . how can u be so angelic . is not as if u knock him at the side or in front of u . he is behind u ! so watever happen , u can juz cook up story if say u r not showing signal or wat . furthermore u showed signal . u saw him skidded u should have ignored . omfg wat were u tinking . do u noe tat nowadays instead of helping ppl u will get urself in deep trouble . if u knock him right in front of u tats a different story . but he skidded behind u . who gives a rat ass seriously . motorbikes n cyclist are veri hazardous to traffics . now since u alreadi get involved . juz say that u alreadi show signal . n u r not even sure that u were the one who actually knock into him . the b------d is trying to take advantage of u . a lot of ppl noe this kind of f--ker one . u muz defend urself n act blur . as u r in the position to do so . n in this case , U r not even 50% at fault lei . ask him go die la .

edit : ur case is a little bit similar to mine . juz tat mine is an idiotic cyclists . DENY N PLEAD NOT GUILTY n fight till the end . defend urself . this is b-------t . all the tp can do is juz issue summon summon without even looking at situation properly JUZ becoz they r a 2 wheel cheap ass on the road . singapore law always defend 2 wheeler . by any means u have to defend urself . find a way to fight .

After reading TS plea and your post ..sad to say u indeed hold a valid point. Our society today has evolve into a community where everyone adopt the "mind our own business" attitude.

BUT being me i know i will still stop and render assistant to anyone in need of medical help. [bigcry] My character really bo bian. Of course will kpkb if injustice do befall upon me.

Bro, fighting rights costs money. Lol

Make sure the pocket is deep enough.

Oh dear, did the one I recommend you quote a large sum? Must say he was good though as far as my case was concerned. Worth every penny I had paid.

Years ago my dad did helped someone out.

The accident is so serious that causes the driver to be in a coma.

TP just charge my dad....

Luckily, driver woke up from his coma & cleared all doubts.

It is very clear that our law has many injusts!

Cars with broken brake lights & caused the accident; the person being pay.

& for this case; TP should had investigate the incident at the scene.

However since no public propertry is damage, it is just another incident not worth to file a report.

Similiar case; woman beat red light & crashed into my friend.

TP arrived & woman was apologizing to my friend.

My friend ask TP to take her statement but TP refuses to.

Weeks later, her insurance claims that it is my friend that beats the lights...

TP now issue a summon to my friend instead of the female drivers.

And I am sorry to say, you shouldn't have left your contacts details to the motorist & file the insurance report.

If that you didn't, they can hardly prove you are at the scene.

Just like how the roman guy did, he didn't report to IDAC right?

Hi ,

About 6 months ago, I was driving along the center lane of the road, wanted to change lane to right and so i turn on my right turn signal, was checking my side mirror and rear mirror when i saw a motorbike behind me skidded. As im the nearest to him, my passenger & myself decide to alight to help the motorist who fell. He seems fine with some superficial scratches , i offer to call ambulance but he refuse n instead told me to give him money as i was the one who cause him to skid, clearly he was speeding behind me from the upstream traffic junction, i don't mind giving him money if he need help but then he is falsely accusing me of causing him to skid when all i did is on the right turn signal. So i refuse n instead told him to seek medical help to check his wound. A passerby call the traffic police who came but did not do any traffic report as there is no contact between the vehicle and the motorist also rode his bike away after failing to get money from me. I was advise to make a report at my insurance workshop within 24 hr to protect myself in case the motorist claim my insurance, which i did, workshop take note that there is no contact after detail inspection.

As predicted, the motorist did file an insurance claim. But due to insufficient evidence , the claim have yet to get through. 2-3 months later, i got a summon from traffic police who also ibform me that the motorist got a 7 days mc n hence it have become a injury case. 4 months later, i got a notice for traffic offence- careless driving , change lane abruptly which result in collision !! This is a total lie !!!! So i appeal by writing to TP but to no avail, 2 weeks after appeal TP inform me they have sufficient evidence to summon me ??! 1) there is no contact , how to have collision? 2) i haven't even change lane .

Really saddened by this , where is justice !! Wat shd i do ? Fo [:/] rce to be admit to a offence i never did ?!

, by twisting the fact so easily by the motorist, we r encouraging irresponsible behaviour, which make driving on the road more dangerous , the traffic laws have fail then.

Looks like profiteering conspiracy to me

Neutral Newbie

After reading TS plea and your post ..sad to say u indeed hold a valid point. Our society today has evolve into a community where everyone adopt the "mind our own business" attitude.

BUT being me i know i will still stop and render assistant to anyone in need of medical help. [bigcry] My character really bo bian. Of course will kpkb if injustice do befall upon me.

trust me if it was 10 years ago . none of this b-------t would have happen . they could have resolve it in a easier manner . probaby gave a bit of money for compensation . then end of story .

next time motor skidded?

drive awa y and let him die better that way

amen

↡ Advertisement