Insurance question

Vega

Its time to renew insurance for me. Got some quotes.

Insurance A quoted $950, excess $400 - anyworkshop

Insurance B quoted $750, excess $3500 - anyworkshop

which one will you choose? cheaper premium or cheaper excess?

I would choose cheaper excess, since premium only $200 difference, and if so sway met into accident at least only pay $400, rather than paying $3500.

may I know if kena accident and 100% the other party's fault, do we still need to pay the excess?

No, if you claim the other party 100%, u pay nothing.. access is when you claim your own damage ..

No, if you claim the other party 100%, u pay nothing.. access is when you claim your own damage ..

OIC. so just for your own mistake.

Seems like higher premium makes more sense to me. [:)]

tks for the advice.

Insurance B is telling you...take mine...but dun claim. Hahahahaha...

Some of the insurance company is doing this now....give you cheap premium but ridiculous excess. 3.5K can fix a lot of stuff lor...if paying cash.

may I know if kena accident and 100% the other party's fault, do we still need to pay the excess?

Only if you claim 3rd party then as long as they deem you are 80% not at fault...then you do not have to pay anything.

If you go back to authorised agent...which most of them do not do 3rd party claims...you would have to file for own damage and then after that...file your claims against the 3rd party...if in this case, you would have to claim your own policy which you will have to pay the excess.

only COE cars' owners will opt for third party insurance

Not really. My own car also third party only since first day I got it. It was only 2 years old when I got it.

Not really. My own car also third party only since first day I got it. It was only 2 years old when I got it.

Because it's cheap but dangerous when accident, you have to pay for own repair. COE owners get it because car already no OMV so no need repair

Only if you claim 3rd party then as long as they deem you are 80% not at fault...then you do not have to pay anything.

If you go back to authorised agent...which most of them do not do 3rd party claims...you would have to file for own damage and then after that...file your claims against the 3rd party...if in this case, you would have to claim your own policy which you will have to pay the excess.

Just for sharing, advise from friend in Auto insurance... Never ever claim your own policy. Some insurers will consider it as a claim and void your NCD, I think some bros here got it before (the other driver will claim not his fault and when you already done the repair, the other party insurer may not pay back). Insist on 3rd party claim and wait for the outcome before repair.

You can go back to the authorized agent to do the repair but you can lodge the report at any of the reporting centre. Send the report back to the authorized agent, let him quote the other driver's insurer then do the repair. It is worth the wait rather than to risk your NCD.

Unless you are 100% sure it is your fault...

Edited by Carnoob

Just for sharing, advise from friend in Auto insurance... Never ever claim your own policy. Some insurers will consider it as a claim and void your NCD, I think some bros here got it before (the other driver will claim not his fault and when you already done the repair, the other party insurer may not pay back). Insist on 3rd party claim and wait for the outcome before repair.

You can go back to the authorized agent to do the repair but you can lodge the report at any of the reporting centre. Send the report back to the authorized agent, let him quote the other driver's insurer then do the repair. It is worth the wait rather than to risk your NCD.

Unless you are 100% sure it is your fault...

Yes yes...as much as possible...dun touch your own policy..even if you manage to get your NCB reinstated...your premium will be effected and for the next 3 years...I kenna before.

But for agent repair...last time only Kah Motor does that...they refer you to the 3rd party to file the claim...pay a small amount for admin. But now I heard they no longer does that.

Because it's cheap but dangerous when accident, you have to pay for own repair. COE owners get it because car already no OMV so no need repair

Can always claim third party what. So far I haven't had to claim my own insurance yet.

If i buy a used car than can i apply for insurance ??or it is just for new cars ??

Its must apply.

No choice, so the question is not can or cannot but what insursnce and insurer.

↡ Advertisement