Will Obama get a 2nd term?

Ahtong

I must say his term is rather Tiger head Snake tail.

Got elected on a surge of Hope and Change but it got bogged down by partisan politics and petered out after that.

For his whole term he has been skirting the issue of gay mariage but now he is in support of it. Signs of desperation?

↡ Advertisement

maybe a lot depends on what on happens with Greece next election? if they vote against austerity, it'll drag the whole world down.

Supercharged

Personally, i want him to continue.

Obviously anyone needs more than 1 term to turn around USA's economy

Whoever claims that he/she can do it better than Obama in a shorter period of time, they are all BS..........

Turbocharged

He will get a second term - I am willing to put money on it. Any takers? Will give you 3:2 odds as well....

maybe a lot depends on what on happens with Greece next election? if they vote against austerity, it'll drag the whole world down.

In my opinion, Greece is a gone case.

What may drag everybody down are countries like Spain and France meeting the same fate or ending as Greece.

He will get a second term - I am willing to put money on it. Any takers? Will give you 3:2 odds as well....

He will get a second term.

The slate of Republican candidates are not impressive in my opinion.

I must say his term is rather Tiger head Snake tail.

Got elected on a surge of Hope and Change but it got bogged down by partisan politics and petered out after that.

For his whole term he has been skirting the issue of gay mariage but now he is in support of it. Signs of desperation?

His foreign policy is one that I like to forget in my opinion.

Afghan, Israel and Iran's nukes etc.

Hypersonic

He will get a second term.

The slate of Republican candidates are not impressive in my opinion.

Ya... i really hope he gets a 2nd term too. Can see he really tried to make things good but sometimes certain matters are beyond his control

Turbocharged

In USA, the president is always handicapped by having to balance between powerful lobby groups, congress and senate. Not only that, they have to rely on generous campaign donations and I'm sure the donors will also have a say as well.

Given free rein, I'm sure obama can turn out something good, given his humble, ordinary background and early work experience as a social organiser. If you read his story, he actually has a rather branded law degree and could've had a comfortable life making lots of money, but preferred to start working in the field of what we would call 'social work'.

But what we can see is that there are still many americans uncomfortable with a non-white president, and cannot accept his different background and early upbringing in a foreign country and culture. It's as simple as that.

Turbocharged

Can't blame him also.. Most of the current sh*t are started by Bush Jr.. He's doing most of the cleaning up now, and this needs time..

Turbocharged

In USA, the president is always handicapped by having to balance between powerful lobby groups, congress and senate. Not only that, they have to rely on generous campaign donations and I'm sure the donors will also have a say as well.

Given free rein, I'm sure obama can turn out something good, given his humble, ordinary background and early work experience as a social organiser. If you read his story, he actually has a rather branded law degree and could've had a comfortable life making lots of money, but preferred to start working in the field of what we would call 'social work'.

But what we can see is that there are still many americans uncomfortable with a non-white president, and cannot accept his different background and early upbringing in a foreign country and culture. It's as simple as that.

A good chunk of Americans actually are quite sua ku about the outside world.

During my uni days, I had the chance to have a joint programme with 2 US university. Their students flew into SG for a 2.5 week course with our students. For many of them, it's their first time flying out of North America.

Ya... i really hope he gets a 2nd term too. Can see he really tried to make things good but sometimes certain matters are beyond his control

Honestly, I don't like him to continue as my preference would be a more hawkish figure that can rein in some of the things that are happening in his country. I find that he is too soft in some of his approaches toward certain issues.

4th Gear

This.

Supercharged

Oh please... as if the Republicans can do a better job in foreign policies? Quote me one.......

Supercharged

In my opinion, Greece is a gone case.

What may drag everybody down are countries like Spain and France meeting the same fate or ending as Greece.

France MUST not fall........ If it falls, the entire EU is gone

Turbocharged

Honestly, I don't like him to continue as my preference would be a more hawkish figure that can rein in some of the things that are happening in his country. I find that he is too soft in some of his approaches toward certain issues.

His hands (and most US president's for the matter) are mostly tied by the US Congress and Senate. These elected people tries too hard to please their electorate.

Turbocharged

Oh please... as if the Republicans can do a better job in foreign policies? Quote me one.......

Come to think of it.. for the past 2 decades, we have 2 Democrats cleaning the sh*t left by 2 Republicans.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement