News: tourist not happy Singaporeans do not smile n kowtow

SimonTan

Supersonic

Good that many singaporeans now no longer think angmoh tuaki. This is good progress n maturity of Singaporeans! Pat ourselves on the back for finally grown up.

errmm....so u used to smile at everyone last time izit??..... [hur]

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

doesn't tourist know that chances that he will not meet a singaporean waiter in almost all the restaurants. cannot speak english means PRC lor... most of the people he is meeting are Foreigners like himself... so what is there to complain about.

I still smile everyday to most people.

Perhaps the tourist met more FT service staff which did not smile.

But taxi drivers should be singsporens.

errmm....so u used to smile at everyone last time izit??..... [hur]

I will do... Please advice you prefer me to start with the left or right.. :D:D

any chance starts with the centre rod please ... -_-

cos only then you will be able to reach for other parts when the rod harden .... [:p]

Growing here more decades, I thought if you smile at a stranger, they might think that you're weird.

nope, they will reach for their flyer first to see if had been zipped up..... -_-

if not, why you smiling at him.. [:(]

blah blah blah 60.1% blah blah blah Gahmen blah blah blah PAP blah blah blah Economy good blah blah blah... friday liao... ask him go msia la, truely asia

What if they get beaten up chia lat chia lat there? [:p]

siao la. singaporeans not smiling not becos wat ang mo tua ki no more. its more like so stress how to smile. [bigcry]

any chance starts with the centre rod please ... -_-

cos only then you will be able to reach for other parts when the rod harden .... [:p]

This is a weird request.... normally we have no problem locating the BALLS.... you must have retracted your balls.... This is dangerous, if left untreated, it will turn into a pussy.....

Fear not i have a treatment for this.... we can use a fruit and force them out through the a-----e... you can choose between the durian delight, or pineapple pleasure,

:D :D :D

This is a weird request.... normally we have no problem locating the BALLS.... you must have retracted your balls.... This is dangerous, if left untreated, it will turn into a pussy.....

Fear not i have a treatment for this.... we can use a fruit and force them out through the a-----e... you can choose between the durian delight, or pineapple pleasure,

:D

don't you find it obstructive when you are switching from left to right with the soften rod of diameter 40cm blocking the flow .... [:p][:p]

don't you find it obstructive when you are switching from left to right with the soften rod of diameter 40cm blocking the flow .... [:p][:p]

Wah... OK... you win liao!! :D :D

Neutral Newbie

He must have thought that as long as its asian face, he/she must b Sporean. We cant blame tourist like him, he woudnt know whos citizen/new citizen/pr here. With the nos. of new citizen/pr/work permit here, it wuldnt surprise me if he meet more of them than the actual citizen in tis island.

Turbocharged

It is strange how most of you guys perceive this article.

It is not just about smiling, it is about the general service level of our people in the service industry. And it has always been poor. I myself is embarrass by our service attitude when compared to say the service level I get from shopping in HK or Japan.

Then some of you even turn this article into anti-foreigner bashing. Come on...can you guys grow up and stop bashing everything that foreigner say? Put things in the right perspective first ok? It is obvious that our service attitude has been poor

Good that many singaporeans now no longer think angmoh tuaki. This is good progress n maturity of Singaporeans! Pat ourselves on the back for finally grown up.

www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC120511-0000072/Where-are-the-friendly-Singaporeans-I-knew

Where are the friendly Singaporeans I knew?

Letter from Brian Nelson

04:46 AM May 11, 2012

HAVING visited Singapore, one of our favourite destinations, many times in the past 25 years, my wife and I were shocked at the deterioration in attitudes towards tourists. The signs were already there on our last visit four years ago.

The first thing we noticed as elderly people, particularly when using the Mass Rapid Transit, was that the youth have no respect for the elderly and the seats reserved for them and pregnant or handicapped people.

depending on what time he board the train. certain times more elderly. pls compare apple to apple

It is also dangerous getting on and off the train when one is shoved out of the way time and again.

standing at the doorway, what do you expect?

Another observation is that nobody smiles or returns a greeting any more. Taxi drivers, particularly, used to be a wealth of information and eager to point out areas of interest but are now, mostly a surly lot.

pls lah, use your phone and check the internet. we are very advance lot. for example, some guy asked me one day...where is block xx ar? i looked at him and said i duno. but thinking to myself, com'on you have an iphone, you know can check yourself...duh

Service has also deteriorated in shops and restaurants, where many of the staff can hardly speak English, are rude and abrupt. As for the words "please" and "thank you", they do not exist.

FT - what can we say?

It will not be long before it becomes just a rat race, like in many other cities. Has progress taken away Singapore's soul, the essence of being human, of recognising one another?

now economy not so good, who is smiling?

Your city is beautiful, your buildings tall and proud, yet to walk along the streets and see the surliness of a face is disheartening.

yes, our country is still beautiful

It is strange how most of you guys perceive this article.

It is not just about smiling, it is about the general service level of our people in the service industry. And it has always been poor. I myself is embarrass by our service attitude when compared to say the service level I get from shopping in HK or Japan.

Then some of you even turn this article into anti-foreigner bashing. Come on...can you guys grow up and stop bashing everything that foreigner say? Put things in the right perspective first ok? It is obvious that our service attitude has been poor

Yes Yes... i agree to some degree.... but i think you are missing the point also..... the writer has mistaken PRC as locals.. i think that the only locals he met was the taxi drivers.

Neutral Newbie

www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC120511-0000072/Where-are-the-friendly-Singaporeans-I-knew

Where are the friendly Singaporeans I knew?

Letter from Brian Nelson

04:46 AM May 11, 2012

HAVING visited Singapore, one of our favourite destinations, many times in the past 25 years, my wife and I were shocked at the deterioration in attitudes towards tourists. The signs were already there on our last visit four years ago.

The first thing we noticed as elderly people, particularly when using the Mass Rapid Transit, was that the youth have no respect for the elderly and the seats reserved for them and pregnant or handicapped people.

It is also dangerous getting on and off the train when one is shoved out of the way time and again.

Another observation is that nobody smiles or returns a greeting any more. Taxi drivers, particularly, used to be a wealth of information and eager to point out areas of interest but are now, mostly a surly lot.

Service has also deteriorated in shops and restaurants, where many of the staff can hardly speak English, are rude and abrupt. As for the words "please" and "thank you", they do not exist.

It will not be long before it becomes just a rat race, like in many other cities. Has progress taken away Singapore's soul, the essence of being human, of recognising one another?

Your city is beautiful, your buildings tall and proud, yet to walk along the streets and see the surliness of a face is disheartening.

not happy, go home..

dont come in the 1st place [rifle]

↡ Advertisement