Ferrari crashed killing the driver at Rochor rd

Chaihot5

He's probably hired for the fact that he is from china and has connection in china to bring in big bucks investment. No amount of qualification is enough. It's connection.

When I say qualification I don't just mean academic qualification.

I meant connections, experience, professional ability as well.

Any investment banker pulling this kind of salary is not in the Singapore market. Singapore market alone does not command this kind of remuneration. He probably does M&A in Greater China region, that type.

(edited)

So I guess so many capable Singaporeans should go apply for this banker's job.

Surely the post is empty.

And since it's so high paying, what are you waiting for? Send in your resume immediately!

I know you are being sarcastic.

And that is my point exactly.

There are many super high paying jobs that Singaporeans cannot do, not simply due to lack of academic qualifications, but also due to lack of connections that come with pedigree, not just family background but also academic pedigree.

For example, one does not meet guys like Eduardo whatshisname at NUS or NTU. But you do get to meet many like that at Harvard and Yale.

And if by the off chance you get some Singaporean from an elite background who does this type of investment banking job, his mindset and attitudes to singapore are probably very much different from the rest of us, ie: he is not the type who sits in kopitiams and posts in mycar forums. Hardly very Singaporean.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

another one bites the dust ya....one less elite...one less ferrari driver and one less competition....and one more high salaried job opening....

look at how crumpled the Prancing horse becomes.

think its supposed to be like that? like those F1 car where it absorbs most of the impact so the driver would be protected, ironically.

I was wondering when the FT issue will pop up here. Wow you are one quick sinkie!

I doubt that any of us here would have been able to get his finance job that paid him well enough to buy a Ferrari 599 GTO at his age. Well, maybe Throttle2 could, but it is moot as throttle2 is closer to 40 than 30. In fact I doubt any Singaporean would have gotten his job. And any singaporean who would have been able to qualify for his job, you guys would probably hate, as they represent the top 1% who are lording it over you.

The ones who are grieving are the dead passenger's family and the pregnant wife of the Ferrari driver.

If the financial institute is bent on hiring foreigners, no matter how good a local's resume is, it's still discarded one side.

I've seen countless incidents on these. And I can tell you, my ex Director had a ingenius way of hiring her own kind from her hometown by specifying the job requires a PHD in engineering. No need to say, how many true Singaporean engineering PHDs are there? End up all new hires are from PRC. These PHDs can't even hold a candle to the other more experience engineers who are non-PHDs.

Anyway, no sympathy from me for all these foreigners who encounter mishaps here, it's their problem. But of course I'll offer my deepest sympathy to the family of the dead taxi passenger.

think got 2 other cars that got hit

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...512-345542.html

After looking through the series of 39 photos in the asiaone report, I am quite convinced that the photos of the taxi with headlight on (#14) as it is less damaged and the two of the grey Odyssey (#18 & 19) have got nothing to do with this accident at all. Careless reporter!

Hypersonic

Taxi company should buy taxi with better safety equipment. Those Sonata taxi are without any airbags.

After looking through the series of 39 photos in the asiaone report, I am quite convinced that the photos of the taxi with headlight on (#14) as it is less damaged and the two of the grey Odyssey (#18 & 19) have got nothing to do with this accident at all. Careless reporter!

how about collateral damage? It wasn't mentioned in the article that the odyssey had a role in the accident to begin with.

Taxi company should buy taxi with better safety equipment. Those Sonata taxi are without any airbags.

Lady passenger sustained injuries most likely due to side impact. I don't know whether side airbags could have saved her if there were any.

Those who got not enough $$ to own a Farrari.......should have gone to the location this morning...sure can pick up some Italian suvenirs. Perhaps a piece of logo, air intake, carbon fiber parts, or spare tools, etc.

↡ Advertisement