Parked Car Badly Damaged After Bus Changes Lane & Hits It

Vulcann

The STOMPer was not clear about this "stationary" car.

Was the car on the road waiting behind another vehicle or at a traffic light junction waiting to move off OR was it illegally parked along the road when the bus hit it?

If it is the former then the owner's insurer can file a valid claim against the bus company but if the car was instead parked along a road which it was not supposed to then it would be a different scenario and best outcome could be a 50:50 claim yes?

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...ly_damaged.html

Posted on 15 May 2012

Parked car badly damaged after SBS bus changes lane and hits it

parked_car_badly_damaged-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Huile witnessed a SBS bus swing recklessly into a lane at Airline Road, hitting a stationary car and badly damaging it.

Huile said:

"This SBS bus swinged suddenly into the lane recklessly and hit a stationary car at Airline Road at 8.30am yesterday.

"The car was very badly damaged and part of the bus was damaged as well but the bus did not stop."

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Not the first time buses change lane recklessly. I have saw a few times that bus simply lane lane, and the rear nearly hit the car besides it. [shakehead]

1st Gear

stationary not on slowest lane:FAIL

could be bus not enough room to manouvre, but that doesn't make it right either.

always give way to buses...their acceleration slow so they cannot quickly cut....also if u die die want to chiong, must commit...if you hesitate and slow down then last min decide to chiong, driver will think u give way when u slow down and cut out.

Its just outside the cargo agent , i think stationary means the driver is Q-ing to go in.

there are parking lots inside dun think he need to park outside where its not supposed to.

Actually.. does it matter if the car is illegally parked? I would have thought the most he would have gotten is a summon for illegal parking or obstructing traffic since his car is stationary.. The bus should bear the entire responsibility.. no?

Any expert or past experienced "victim" can enlighten us?

Actually.. does it matter if the car is illegally parked? I would have thought the most he would have gotten is a summon for illegal parking or obstructing traffic since his car is stationary.. The bus should bear the entire responsibility.. no?

Any expert or past experienced "victim" can enlighten us?

As long as you hit a stationary vehicle, you're 100% at fault for the accident. Doesn't matter where the vehicle is.

I thought the car is in the current position due to the bus crashing into it, not because it was there in the first plase...

I thought the car is in the current position due to the bus crashing into it, not because it was there in the first plase...

In that case, the bus would have hit the back of the car for it to end up at that position.

I use that road everyday.. I would say that bend over there is an accident waiting to happen.. Vehicles just bo chap, some turning from the left wanna eat to the right.. Some turning in from the 1st lane, wanna cut into the 2nd lane. Have to be especially careful in the morning peak hours.. I've personally encountered alot of idiots not staying on their lanes at that bend.. If that car was not practising lane discipline, den serves him right.. Btw, I was there just after the accident happened at around 8.25am, almost late for work because of the delay. And yeah, I saw someone I knew working in one of the airlines talking to another guy on the road.. Dunno if it's his car or not though..

can't be parking on middle lane? :huh:

Possible, why not? Double-park lo -_-

↡ Advertisement