Hainan Island: Where Got Good Wenchang Chicken...

Picnic06-Biante15

(edited)

I also want to ask, at Hainan Island, where to find good & famous Wenchang Chicken eateries... -_-

Haikou, Sanya, Qionghai, Wenchang or Xinglong? [cool]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

I also want to ask, at Hainan Island, where to find good & famous Wenchang Chicken eateries... -_-

Never been there, but heard there are 4 treasures namely wenchang chicken, jiaji duck, dongshan goat and hele crab.

At first I thought I saw good wrenching chicken.

There is no such thing as nice wenchang chicken in hainan island.

It's only nice in Singapore, where the oily rice, and young chicken and ginger condiment, combine to make it a special dish.

If you go there....wenchang chicken is just a type of chicken grown in wenchang.

People eat it like a normal chicken. Tough and meatless, thick and crunchy skin.

I tasted the wen chang chicken rice in Hainan Island. Nothing fantastic. My advice is that no need to try it is you are expecting something delicious. Try it only for the experience.

knn, you every year go back still dare to ask? Wenchang of course lah! Sanya where got. <_<

Sanya got Russian chickens... -_-

Those you have to find and Sanya, if you haven't been there, don't go backside itchy makan at the so called seafood stall, those open air chu char type. They will rob you blind, last trip almost tio end up fight. Tell them weight and quote me how much, they purposely kill the fish, and wanted me to pay 1.8k RMB. think I born yesterday.

hi guys,

There is actually a Hainan Wenchang chicken rice... I was there in 2009 Wenchang for a short trip and visited this original Hainan chicken rice...

As far as I can remember, it was totally out of the world... :blink:

don't think we ever will get used to such taste and texture of the chicken... meat was tough, bland, rice was dry and with no fragrance like we have here..

the whole restaurant was crowded, typical small town "cleaniness", oily floors, tables, chairs, even the doors... :wacko:

thinking back, perhaps I had visited the wrong restaurant!

found a photo of the restaurant 2nd floor. the ground floor and the open riverside area was full, hence got to climb upstairs.. sorry no photos of the dish and rice istself, guess I was too shocked [laugh]

22.jpg

cheers

Neutral Newbie

[:p] Honestly, have tried geniune WenChang ji in hainan before. Found it to be great but nothing compare with our local version. Find that the meat there are firmer and tougher, not as smooth and silky. Notice that the skin are "yellower" than our local chicken. ^_^

The rice also not as fragrant and tasty as the thai rice here in our restaurant. Boon Tong Kee still top my list. [;)]

(edited)

tian tian chicken rice serves good chicken rice

Hainan Island or Maxwell Rd hawker centre ... [sweatdrop]

I know Maxwell Hawker Cente got one Tian Tian Lai Chicken Rice

Edited by Picnic06

Where do all these Newbies come from?

they seems to like to dig up old threads and reply to it.

Are they real person or bots?

Seems like they can reply to many postings with correct contents......so does not seem to me to be spamming or bots.they

6th Gear

[:p] Honestly, have tried geniune WenChang ji in hainan before. Found it to be great but nothing compare with our local version. Find that the meat there are firmer and tougher, not as smooth and silky. Notice that the skin are "yellower" than our local chicken. ^_^

The rice also not as fragrant and tasty as the thai rice here in our restaurant. Boon Tong Kee still top my list. [;)]

Agreed.... those chicken all commando trained... SG's taste better.

Twincharged

me.

went there 4 years ago ... this was what we had (partial...)

post-2854-1337609711_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement