Enough of these anti-PRC nonsense, you think so?

AhJason

(edited)

Lives are lost, the MIW have spoken, help is given to Cabby's family from all walks of life, even Shanmugam promised assistance; Chinese embassy even issued a statement to remind its citizens of their conduct.

You could say that Shanmugam is wayang and what's not. No matter what MIW do, there will always be cynics questioning their motives. But I don't think this is the main issue.

I think the issue is whether are these xenophobia/anti-PRC bashing way overboard or justified? thanks to social media, especially Temasek Times and Temasek Review which paint a very negative impression that Singapore is anti-PRC. Are we Singaporeans really that xenophobic? Temasek Review is seeking for US$50,000 donations again. So are we going to donate to them to help propagate xenophobia? :blink:

On retrospect, are all the PRC in Singapore you have encountered, pests? [blush]:ph34r: Hey, I think the McDonald counter staff, a PRC is polite and serves with a great smile! :wacko:

Edited by AhJason
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Yes, 9 out of 10 PRC I met are pests. <_< Even my neighbour next door is a bloody pest. They are enemies with every family on the same level.

Hypersonic

Forgot to add. That neighbour is ah tiong family but I'm sure you can guess from my post

aiya pot calling kettle black.... they can complain about PRCs but when go other country also do the same......

ask these people go tell them in the face straight..... how many dare to do it.....

Turbocharged
(edited)

Lives are lost, the MIW have spoken, help is given to Cabby's family from all walks of life, even Shanmugam promised assistance; Chinese embassy even issued a statement to remind its citizens of their conduct.

You could say that Shanmugam is wayang and what's not. No matter what MIW do, there will always be cynics questioning their motives. But I don't think this is the main issue.

I think the issue is whether are these xenophobia/anti-PRC bashing way overboard or justified? thanks to social media, especially Temasek Times and Temasek Review which paint a very negative impression that Singapore is anti-PRC. Are we Singaporeans really that xenophobic? Temasek Review is seeking for US$50,000 donations again. So are we going to donate to them to help propagate xenophobia? :blink:

On retrospect, are all the PRC in Singapore you have encountered, pests? [blush]:ph34r: Hey, I think the McDonald counter staff, a PRC is polite and serves with a great smile! :wacko:

....or the PRC working in KTVs.. [sly] [sly]

Jokes aside, i think there is definitely a valid reason to all these xenophobia.. and i am pretty sure we're not alone.. HK (and to a lesser extent, Taiwan), also don't like the mainland Chinese..

As analogy, If A and B don't get along well, fault may lie with either party or both. But if A don't get along well with B, C, D, E etc... Then the problem must be with A right?

Edited by Shull

4th Gear

It's right that these complaints, not NONSENSE as TS wrote, should stop. Lives have been lost and no point calculating and recalculating at what speed the driver is going at, what if this and that etc.

Life still has to go on........ -_-

actually even some of their own kind dont like their own kind..

have prc friends who came here for over a decade commented against those newer prc that flooded in recently..

but to be fair.. there's idiots in every race. I seen enuff idiotic singaporeans too.. and i think some ppl may think im idiotic as well... haha.. what am i talking...

Neutral Newbie

Online comments are just noise, does not reflect the situation on the streets. GE I already know.

You think prcs read our websites and get angry? LOL, just silly locals getting angry among themselves and end of the day no action. We see FTs everyday on the street any Singaporean dare to scold them?

Singaporeans like Hong kongers think they have some given right over foreigners from third world countries but unfortunately our government only welcome rich people. This is not Malaysia no bumiputera nonsense here.

(edited)

Point is are we giving up our country?Just because some of our countrymen are lesser than these foreigners? :wacko:

Edited by Westkid

Our kids' Chinese tutor from PRC is a wonderful person. Well educated, patient, well mannered and generous.

Yes - there are fantastic people from China.

does anybody realise this simple fact

government policy is opening the flood gates allowing to increase our population of immigrants by 25000-30000 a year to be citizens in Singapore (this is the official)

anybody know the size of hougang electorate

23000+

finished

Jolie888 was right all along

does anybody realise this simple fact

government policy is opening the flood gates allowing to increase our population of immigrants by 25000-30000 a year to be citizens in Singapore (this is the official)

anybody know the size of hougang electorate

23000+

finished

Jolie888 was right all along

Of course Jolie888 was right. How do you think he became so rich with his properties? Perpetually more immigrants = perpetual rise in property prices.

For a city like Singapore with limited land, the only way is UP

Neutral Newbie

One bad egg does not spoil the entire dozen. But perhaps the policy makers ought to be a little more stringent with the quality of foreign workers/immigrants.

↡ Advertisement