Cerium Oxide

Fcw75

Household bleach also have same effect.. I never try on car glass, but tried on house glass. Use a mixture of 1:5 with water and pour in spray bottle, leave the bleach for 10minutes then spray and hose off.. layman way of cleaning toilet

Hi, any idea which daiso still sell this?

Or where to get cerium oxide?

Strat..try it on a small portion first just to be sure it is not too abrasive.

Strat..try it on a small portion first just to be sure it is not too abrasive.

thanks all the reply...

will try to look for the location mention.

sorry...is this on the car product section or household?

Car product section, if have.

Rem to buy a rain repellent product to apply back to your windscreen after the polish/clean... if not, you won't be able to see a thing during rain.

Edited by Gearosv2

(edited)

Rem to buy a rain repellent product to apply back to your windscreen after the polish/clean... if not, you won't be able to see a thing during rain.

Err, there's something called wipers? :D

Anyway, the point of applying this is to get rid of the rain repellent product like Rain-X that cause juddering, etc and you are telling us to apply again?

Edited by Fcw75

can't find at vivo daiso.

I never said vivocity have. I said I saw it either at City Square or Chinatown Point.

Neutral Newbie

I never said vivocity have. I said I saw it either at City Square or Chinatown Point.

just informing everybody that vivo don't have. will check imm next.

Err, there's something called wipers? :D

Anyway, the point of applying this is to get rid of the rain repellent product like Rain-X that cause juddering, etc and you are telling us to apply again?

Yes, Rain-X causes it but it is because due to a few things. Worn out wiper rubbers and/or rain-x not re-applied. In our environment, all these don't last forever.

If you don't apply repellent, your windscreen will be blur even if your wiper action is fast enough to wipe off the rain...

Jump to 1:40

On the left, it will happen to you if you don't apply a repellent after cleaning/polishing your windscreen.

I think all glass are treated with some form of repellent when it is out from factory (I could be wrong). That is why you feel that the glass is smooth and silky in any car show room just like the paint on the car body. Now if you feel your own windscreen... it should be rough and lots of friction.

I personally used Glass Compound Z to remove all oil and repellent film and apply GLACO ROLL ON LARGE from Soft99 Autobacs.

Glass Compound Z - http://www.autobacs.com.sg/care_soft99_2.php

GLACO ROLL ON LARGE - http://www.autobacs.com.sg/care_soft99.php

The repellent lasted 1 month before the "flying" effect is gone. It is still working even after 6 months, but you need probably 70kmh and faster.

Of course it will not work well if it is a storm.

I need to treat all glass on my car again. It's been almost 2 years since i clean it, haha. I will try and post before and after pictures.

Bump this thread. Anyone knows where to get Cerium Oxide powder locally?

need any can help/ advise how to clean water mark at glass,

thanks

Bump this thread. Anyone knows where to get Cerium Oxide powder locally?

Buy locally no idea.

Order via online seems to have a few at Lazada. 

need any can help/ advise how to clean water mark at glass,

thanks

Can try Optimum MDR.

• Praise 1

Hmm.... Is cerium oxide restricted now?  I ordered from China seller on Shopee and one week later,  shopee told me order cancelled as controlled item.  

↡ Advertisement