Just Went To Vote At A Polling Station & WOW!!!

Vulcann

(edited)

No compaigns, door-to-door visits, rallies, battle cries nor slogans [rolleyes]

And certainly no drama at all.

Just some fanciful brochures sent prior telling you what will or will not happen after you voted and a 歌台 at a void deck blasting loud music with a skimpily-dressed singer belting out Hokkien songs just outside the polling station.

Yes a fully functioning 歌台 though small but with all the works [shocked] [shocked]

Wow.

Oh did I mention a free umbrella given as an incentive for those take the trouble to come & vote?

Eye-opener for a sua ku like me in a LUP polling.

And it will cost me a cool $S1,245 from my CPF either in full or via installments in 5 or 10 years, interest of 7.5% to pay for the new lifts if more than 75% of the folks are in favour of the upgrading.

Definitely not be as exciting as another more anticipated polling event come 26 May 2012 somewhere nearby [laugh] [laugh]

How about your LUP polling?

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

iirc, mine..."Wayang Kulit" set against the backdrop of displays giving out self-explanatory brochures. n telling me that i hv to fork out abt $3k plus.

what follow are nightmares, the construction coy that is in-charge of my LUP must hv over-stretched itself. out of 1mth, actual worked days no more than 1wk.

r u on Asgard grounds, thus better set-up?

what follow are nightmares, the construction coy that is in-charge of my LUP must hv over-stretched itself. out of 1mth, actual worked days no more than 1wk.

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

r u on Asgard grounds, thus better set-up?

Near to Asgard but not there.

Most other folks used to consider our place as J

↡ Advertisement