Porsche Carrera 911 Lady Owner Says Unfair To Target Them

Vulcann

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg.../fast_cars.html

Posted on 20 May 2012

'Unfair to blame or label all fast car drivers as speed demons,' says Porsche owner

fast_cars-thumbnail.jpg

Miss Carena Chen, 40, owns a Porsche Carrera 911. She believes that the accident involving the Ferrari driver that killed three is an isolated incident and it is unfair to blame or label all fast car drivers because of it.

She is one of the women who make up the 20 per cent of Porsche owners. Miss Chen also believes that women are probably safer drivers than men because they tend to be more cautious while driving.

Chairman of the Public Transport Council, Mr Gerard Ee, also told The New Paper that accidents involving supercars continue to remain low.

He says most owners take good car of their cars probably because they are very expensive. He also remarked that he sometimes sees them driving very slowly on the road, just to enjoy the purring of the engines.

Mr Lester Wong, 40, also feels that not all supercar owners be blamed because the Ferrari driver made an error.

He also feels that true 'petrolheads' make the effort to know the limitations of their cars, sharing a simple calculation to gauge when to slow down while travelling at a fast speed and what gear to use.

Both Mr Ng Chwee Ping, 37, and Mr Gary Goh, 30, feel that if one buys fast cars because one has the desire to speed, one should go to the tracks because one should always be responsible on public roads.

Mr Ng also advises that one should do so to know the limits of the car and how to respond should something go wrong. He hits the race tracks in Malaysia four times a year with his friends.

Of course, there are also those who buy fast cars merely as an investment, as Mr Leow Ju-Len, 36, motoring journalist and STOMP Star Blogger says.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

1 ferrari kills a cab driver and the world starts cursing supercar drivers. What about the thousands of victims hurts by taxi or buses? This is nothing compared to those accidents.

Neutral Newbie

I'd give this article 2 thumbs up! Having a speedy car doesn't make one a demon nor a killer. It's all about passion baby. ;)

used to be WRX and EVO drivers..cheap fast cars that the young drivers cannot handle...now that they are expensive liao...not so much problem....

Turbocharged

used to be WRX and EVO drivers..cheap fast cars that the young drivers cannot handle...now that they are expensive liao...not so much problem....

There will always be that someone with more dollars than senses. -_-

ah...i think maybe she juz wanna appear on stomp to show ppl that she is driving a 911 :D :D

Oei, dont anyhow say, she not showing off her car, but maybe her dress?

Few guys I know driving supercars are not bothered with the negative comments at all.

Hypersonic

I like thunder thighs lady.....usually the melons are huge and sweet too!

This melons don't look too big. Don't look like watermelon, more like winter melon. :D

This melons don't look too big. Don't look like watermelon, more like winter melon. :D

i think more like melon seed...ntuc one packet one packet a lot, but salty one.

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg.../fast_cars.html

'Unfair to blame or label all fast car drivers as speed demons,' says Porsche owner

but I would say its more than fair to label most women drivers as accidents waiting to happen. i seriously wonder how they obtain their license, they are clueless on the roads.

pui...

↡ Advertisement