What is the interest rate for getting a land rover defender?

Jerrcik

Hi guys,

Somehow contemplating getting a brand new Defender by the end of this year. OTR price as for now is 148K.

What i heard is 2.88% interest p.a and a maximum of 7 years loan? I calculated with a 20K down payment, monthly is 1.85K....foooo

Is it true? If so, any guys out there know where i can get defender for 10 yrs loan? Btw, it needed a company registration. Another question, do you actually need to be employed by the company when you submit the company certificate of registration to the dealer?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Isn't it possible to register 2012 diesel vehicles under private plate so long as it's euro 5 compliant? Thought our gahman has amended the rules (from Sept) for diesel car tax (up to 2.5L for ~$1k/yr)? Was still thinking of dumping my bonus on a defender de... Any bros can confirm if we're still required to register them under 'G' plate instead of private plate? Thanks

Edited by Ratz

Isn't it possible to register 2012 diesel vehicles under private plate so long as it's euro 5 compliant? Thought our gahman has amended the rules (from Sept) for diesel car tax (up to 2.5L for ~$1k/yr)? Was still thinking of dumping my bonus on a defender de... Any bros can confirm if we're still required to register them under 'G' plate instead of private plate? Thanks

i've seen private plates defenders many yrs back...but of cause u must pay diesel tax...but cant understand the logic...pay more for private plate...due to the road tax plus diesel tax...

only good part is can drive beyond the 20 yrs..and can go in malaysia...besides that ...i think u save money by leaving it in G plate ....

i've seen private plates defenders many yrs back...but of cause u must pay diesel tax...but cant understand the logic...pay more for private plate...due to the road tax plus diesel tax...

only good part is can drive beyond the 20 yrs..and can go in malaysia...besides that ...i think u save money by leaving it in G plate ....

yes, defender can be registered as S plate and has to add in taxes as such for private cars... as G plate vehicles are without such taxes therefore lower cost... for example G plate defender 90 from AD in 2009 cost abt 90K but if you register it as S plate, it would be abt 160K then

not sure abt the cost of S plate defender at the moment

Edited by Nonetheless

don't really understand your question, are you asking if you could register a defender under S plate (yes you could), you are not required to register defender under G plate if you want to register it under S plate. you could check with Wearners or your preferred PI regarding the cost for each, to my understanding, for defender 90, G plate defender is much lower priced than a S plate defender due to taxes involved.

Hi guys,

Somehow contemplating getting a brand new Defender by the end of this year. OTR price as for now is 148K.

What i heard is 2.88% interest p.a and a maximum of 7 years loan? I calculated with a 20K down payment, monthly is 1.85K....foooo

Is it true? If so, any guys out there know where i can get defender for 10 yrs loan? Btw, it needed a company registration. Another question, do you actually need to be employed by the company when you submit the company certificate of registration to the dealer?

All your info enquire from the authorized dealer? Why not see what PI has to offer?

FYI if you want to register under commercial vehicle the loan interest rate will be higher dan passenger cars. And the loan period is usually shorter. What you need is the company owner's signature and company stamp when signing the documents plus submit the printout of the biz profile of the company from the ACRA website.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

Ahh.. I see. Thot the ~$1k/yr is the amended new road tax for diesel cars.. for a moment i thot i found a way to get defender for cheap [rolleyes] So even euro 5 compliant vehicles are still subjected to regular (S plate) road tax + ~$1k/yr (instead of the ~$5k/yr) diesel tax.. alamak, bros are right, not worth it leh.. Thanks for the input! Think I'd be better off waiting (if it ever happens..) for COE to drop and get a regular small cc car.. *sigh* Merry Xmas and Happy New year bros!

Neutral Newbie

don't really understand your question, are you asking if you could register a defender under S plate (yes you could), you are not required to register defender under G plate if you want to register it under S plate. you could check with Wearners or your preferred PI regarding the cost for each, to my understanding, for defender 90, G plate defender is much lower priced than a S plate defender due to taxes involved.

Thank bro. Will check it out with Wearners

just bear in mind that defender hard top (no matter 90 or 110) height is 215cm (which most carparks height limit are 2.1m or below), i resort to searching for unsheltered carpark and taking note of those with height limit 2.2m and above, some cp are a hassle, they put obstacle directly above a hump, so some 2.2 might be quite risky for it...

Edited by Nonetheless

Neutral Newbie

just bear in mind that defender hard top (no matter 90 or 110) height is 215cm (which most carparks height limit are 2.1m or below), i resort to searching for unsheltered carpark and taking note of those with height limit 2.2m and above, some cp are a hassle, they put obstacle directly above a hump, so some 2.2 might be quite risky for it...

another good point. thanks for the heads up bro. and yet i thought fortuner's tall... lol.. thanks for the reminder

↡ Advertisement