New Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Schell31

ONLY if u also participate in the Cold Storage Kids Run...

unnamed.png

heard from the SE, the rear seat entertainment is a dual DVD worth $1.5K (local fitted) & the Renault original child seat worth $700

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Check out this review by Richard Hammond on the Renault Grand Espace 3.0L V6 in France!

?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jPaYDcvIB0 Edited by KynaMavies

[quot=Winhelm" post="4626958" timestamp="1349658380]

test drove renault 1.5 diesel.. not bad at all, quite high specs.

revised diesel tax from jan 2013. 20km/l..finally booked for dec/jan delivery.

Hi bro, any feedback on your car after driving for abt a year based on your Dec/Jan delivery?

Pls go and check out the 3rd row, how the 2nd row goes down like a hole puncher into the 2 holes in the floor, unlike other fold or move forward types 2nd row of other brands. To me its a super hazard. Just 1 time a kid sitting 3rd row places her foot on 1 of the hole and you put down the 2nd row car seat, very serious life long foot injury can occur. Beware.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

[quot=Winhelm" post="4626958" timestamp="1349658380]

test drove renault 1.5 diesel.. not bad at all, quite high specs.

revised diesel tax from jan 2013. 20km/l..finally booked for dec/jan delivery.

Hi bro, any feedback on your car after driving for abt a year based on your Dec/Jan delivery?

Hi, I have been driving it for 1.5 years. Very much in love with the car design and till now still a rare sight on Singapore road. Not many grand scenic around. The diesel turbo is quite powerful for a 1.5l car, especially on expressways. No issue on the performance so far; have not done "F1 racing" on malaysian highways, it is an MPV, so safety first.

Ergonomically, they could have done better, 3rd row seat only for medium sized adult or children. Lots of storage compartments.

We enjoy the sunroof and moonroof.

Pls go and check out the 3rd row, how the 2nd row goes down like a hole puncher into the 2 holes in the floor, unlike other fold or move forward types 2nd row of other brands. To me its a super hazard. Just 1 time a kid sitting 3rd row places her foot on 1 of the hole and you put down the 2nd row car seat, very serious life long foot injury can occur. Beware.

Yes, i think you describe it better than i did - hole puncher 2nd row seat when putting back in position...

I was amazed to see such design in a few of the MPVs, like Zafira and Touran too, i think... super dangerous i'll say. All you need is one long day when everybody is tired, so going back home all half dazed, and one kid on 3rd row a bit cranky moved legs a bit when putting the 2nd row seat back, and then Arrhhhhhhhhhhh....

And i think this is going to be so real and possible, when the 3rd row seat is so low and there is so little leg space, even if you push the 1st and 2nd row further in front to give 3rd row more space... OK, maybe it's just me (cos i'm 1.8 m) and my kids who are above average height...

Supercharged

Yes, i think you describe it better than i did - hole puncher 2nd row seat when putting back in position...

I was amazed to see such design in a few of the MPVs, like Zafira and Touran too, i think... super dangerous i'll say. All you need is one long day when everybody is tired, so going back home all half dazed, and one kid on 3rd row a bit cranky moved legs a bit when putting the 2nd row seat back, and then Arrhhhhhhhhhhh....

And i think this is going to be so real and possible, when the 3rd row seat is so low and there is so little leg space, even if you push the 1st and 2nd row further in front to give 3rd row more space... OK, maybe it's just me (cos i'm 1.8 m) and my kids who are above average height...

different school of thoughts. the purpose of the hole puncher design basically is to allow more space for the third row ppl to get in because you can flip up and also to allow you to remove the entire second row seats. the sliding don't allow you to do that. you can see such design mainly on conti car not Asian car. .

Hi, I have been driving it for 1.5 years. Very much in love with the car design and till now still a rare sight on Singapore road. Not many grand scenic around. The diesel turbo is quite powerful for a 1.5l car, especially on expressways. No issue on the performance so far; have not done "F1 racing" on malaysian highways, it is an MPV, so safety first.

Ergonomically, they could have done better, 3rd row seat only for medium sized adult or children. Lots of storage compartments.

We enjoy the sunroof and moonroof.

Hi Bro, many thanks for you fast feedback.

yes, it a very rare car LOL.... think I have only seen 1-2 on the road so far.

Test drive it during the weekend and the drive seem good, and the built of the car feel solid too.

Lot of feature... they are selling $136,xxx now with 5 years warranty.

Can check w you on the following?

1) for your 1.5 yr of ownership, any unforeseen visit to the WS?

2) do you know what is the servicing cost for their normal 10k, 20k..etc servicing?

3) did you pump Malaysia diesel so far? any impact? the SE mention that they provide 10 free filter cleaning shall the filter is dirty.

Thanks in advance!! :D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Test drive it during the weekend and the drive seem good, and the built of the car feel solid too.

2) do you know what is the servicing cost for their normal 10k, 20k..etc servicing?

3) did you pump Malaysia diesel so far? any impact? the SE mention that they provide 10 free filter cleaning shall the filter is dirty.

What is the COE rebate for that price?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

1) only head rest issue, not properly re-installed during leather upholstery.

2) have yet to check with Renault, bcos so far free servicing. 3rd one coming next week.

3) not pumped Malaysia diesel, grade different, sigh....hope MY upgrade their diesel to comply with Euro5 engine. not heard of that 10 free filter cleaning.

(edited)

Coe rebate at 55K, good price?

How much did pay for it when u sign ? Shall be lower right?

Hi,

1) only head rest issue, not properly re-installed during leather upholstery.

2) have yet to check with Renault, bcos so far free servicing. 3rd one coming next week.

3) not pumped Malaysia diesel, grade different, sigh....hope MY upgrade their diesel to comply with Euro5 engine. not heard of that 10 free filter cleaning.

Good to hear no engine, electronic problems... Cos that i m afraid ..lol...

Many thanks for your feedback again, will put this in the shopping list :-)

Edited by Simpleonly

I saw two today..both starting with SKN..one grey and one maroon.

Anyway, i used to drive a renault. During warranty period, i serviced e car at Wearnes. But i do change ATF outside on my own. (not sure if diesel car has or not). Did not face any issue with a renault during my time of ownership.

Supercharged

Just got my white scenic today.. and enjoying the ride.the only down side is the diesel engine noise .. really sound like taxi.. cant hear when cruising but not cruising can hear.. my wife complaining.. I find ok..the car in white looks amazing.

Neutral Newbie

Just got my white scenic today.. and enjoying the ride.the only down side is the diesel engine noise .. really sound like taxi.. cant hear when cruising but not cruising can hear.. my wife complaining.. I find ok..the car in white looks amazing.

Wonderful! Congrats on your new ride. diesel engine noise not an issue to me. your wife will grow to like it.

many euro model on diesel. nothing new. wait till you cruise on the highway, you will enjoy the responsiveness.

Supercharged

Wonderful! Congrats on your new ride. diesel engine noise not an issue to me. your wife will grow to like it.

many euro model on diesel. nothing new. wait till you cruise on the highway, you will enjoy the responsiveness.

cruising is indeed very nice. the other problem I faced is at the petrol kiosk . the pump cannot fully insert into the tank else will get stuck due the coil on the pump coil on the nozzle. so must be very careful.. and always go to the wrong side to pump.. now must join the lorry Q..

Supercharged

Saw a white one along Sembawang road last sunday afternoon and it was very very very nice...

Ya it is very nice.. I parked beside my S60 and it looks better than my S60. my scenic seats are orange brownish color and it looks elegant with head rest ICE.. the really down side is the taxi sound alike.

↡ Advertisement