Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans

Neutral Newbie

urs is civic, Odyssey?

may i ask how much was the charges? thank u for helping

Can't disclose too much details. I can let you know that it is about half price compare to local workshop after currency conversion. You can call both local and KATC JB to get indicative quote before you decide.
↡ Advertisement

Can't disclose too much details. I can let you know that it is about half price compare to local workshop after currency conversion. You can call both local and KATC JB to get indicative quote before you decide.

its ok then since u wont disclose too much details....

Just a happy customer and recommending to fellow buddies here

Good service , and honest workshop

- - - - - Address - - - - - 
68 Kaki Bukit Ave 6, #02-12 ARK@KB, Singapore 417896
Tel: (+65) 6384 1956 Fax: (+65) 6384 1957 [email protected]

- - - - - Operating Hours - - - - -
Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 6pm
Saturday: 9.30am to 5pm
Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays

The question to ask is whether the vehicle cooling system is properly maintained. 

a)  The right engine oil with the right oil change cycle.

b)  The coolant used is correct i.e.  is the mixing ratio correct?   is distilled water used?  when coolant change was done, was all the coolant drained entirely? 

Neutral Newbie

My Odyssey has been having this issue of gear shift hesitation from 1 to 2 recently. There are no hesitation for other gear shifts. I am hoping nothing too major, any workshop to recommend for quick troubleshooting?

Internal Moderator

My Odyssey has been having this issue of gear shift hesitation from 1 to 2 recently. There are no hesitation for other gear shifts. I am hoping nothing too major, any workshop to recommend for quick troubleshooting?

Jackson Powertrain

KATC

Doctor Gearbox 

Prepare for overhaul. Common problem for the 5-speed in the Ody.

Around 1.8K to 2.5K.

Neutral Newbie

Any other alternative to try first before overhaul? Mileage now about 170k. car left 2 more years so weighing major repairs

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, 

Im new to the forum and happy to be part of the community. 

My friends and I are interested to find out more about the automotive industry in Singapore, particularly the servicing component of the market. To do so, we have crafted a simple and quick 2 min google survey form that we would like to share with the community to gather your valued feedbacks and better understand consumers' consensus regarding car servicing. 

Google Survey Form Link: https://forms.gle/gE3nhv2Qnt5eECtDA

Any feedback and comments are welcomed. Appreciate the help and unwavering support. 

Thank you. Have a great day ahead.

Hello,

Hopefully someone sees this. 
I have a Mazda 2 1.5 2016. There is a knocking sound when steering at low speeds (i.e foot off the pedal while reversing into a lot). I realize that it happens when the steering wheel is turned more. A quick search online helped me find out that it could be a potential yoke issue directly under the steering wheel that just needs some greasing.

I am not confident enough to DIY it, so can anyone recommend a workshop that I can go there and specifically request for this and just get it done without having to spend $1000 just for something so simple.

31 minutes ago, rustyboy1992 said:

Hello,

Hopefully someone sees this. 
I have a Mazda 2 1.5 2016. There is a knocking sound when steering at low speeds (i.e foot off the pedal while reversing into a lot). I realize that it happens when the steering wheel is turned more. A quick search online helped me find out that it could be a potential yoke issue directly under the steering wheel that just needs some greasing.

I am not confident enough to DIY it, so can anyone recommend a workshop that I can go there and specifically request for this and just get it done without having to spend $1000 just for something so simple.

You mean the universal joint?

UniversalJoint.gif

If it is sqeaky, you may apply grease but if it is knocking the joint is worn.

I have never come across this issue so I dunno where to go to get it fixed. 

Edited by Watwheels

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You mean the universal joint?

UniversalJoint.gif

If it is sqeaky, you may apply grease but if it is knocking the joint is worn.

I have never come across this issue so I dunno where to go to get it fixed. 

if this 1 its the steering wheel column there , its very hard to replace. steering wheel out, and all the stuff with it. no way any sg owner can diy this. its a common fault for some model toyota mpv/suv 

but i would suggest him go check the tie-rod first.

Edited by Beregond

@Watwheels @Beregond

Thanks for your replies.

It sounds very similar to this video (0:47 seconds long).

However, in the video every time he makes a small turn / jiggle, you can hear it since he is recording very close to the source of the sound I presume. In my case, it's usually when I'm reversing or turning forward at a low speed but wider angle where I have to turn my steering wheel more, then I get a knock sound. Also, at my driver's seat, it sounds more like a knock with an echo.

In general, when I'm driving on the road, and I make small adjustments to the steering wheel, I don't hear it. Do you have any recommendations of a trusted workshop that I can at least just go check out the issue first.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, rustyboy1992 said:

@Watwheels @Beregond

Thanks for your replies.

It sounds very similar to this video (0:47 seconds long).

However, in the video every time he makes a small turn / jiggle, you can hear it since he is recording very close to the source of the sound I presume. In my case, it's usually when I'm reversing or turning forward at a low speed but wider angle where I have to turn my steering wheel more, then I get a knock sound. Also, at my driver's seat, it sounds more like a knock with an echo.

In general, when I'm driving on the road, and I make small adjustments to the steering wheel, I don't hear it. Do you have any recommendations of a trusted workshop that I can at least just go check out the issue first.

Thank you

if its the rack end and tie rod issue. any  decent WS  can spot and replace it easily.

if its really this part  u show in the video.  its very hard to replace for any modern cars

no WS  will check for u foc even if u highly suspect its this issue ( the steering rack bushing damage also cause similar sound)

of course u can pay them a labour to dismantle the whole steering to do a physical check, but imagine they open up and its really this issue, are u going to ask them to put back everything? u waste the labour, 

if u go to ws and ask them to dismantle to check , u must be prepare at the same time to replace it if its faulty. 

wont recommend u any place , lol 1 man meat is another poison, go back to your regular ws u trust is best.