"The old folk will be groaning right into my home."

Soya

I find the whole thing quite ridiculous. In the first place why bother to announce where they are going to build the old folks home? Just go ahead and build. And dun call it an old folks home. Build it like the regular HDB which look like the surrounding flats, nobody will pay attention & nobody will bother.

Supersonic

I'm glad they used his name so that his friends will know what a low-life he is [rolleyes]

wonder how his parents feel abt having a son that view old folks in such a derogatory, selfish manner? <_<

Turbocharged

It's just too bad this is life in singapore. Any empty plot of land, even if currently utilised for recreation, will be gone very soon and replaced with another concrete block.

I find the whole thing quite ridiculous. In the first place why bother to announce where they are going to build the old folks home? Just go ahead and build. And dun call it an old folks home. Build it like the regular HDB which look like the surrounding flats, nobody will pay attention & nobody will bother.

they TRY to be OPEN to people opinion :D

Neutral Newbie

Mr Khaw is right after all, he has foresee this will happen which he suggested to send them to JB but was shot down by MCFers. What a brillant ministar who can predicts!

Turbocharged

i don't understand what's the issue with the nursing home right beside? it is not as if they are going to build a crematorium or something..

rather, they should be happy.. no tall building right there blocking their view and wind.

i don't understand what's the issue with the nursing home right beside? it is not as if they are going to build a crematorium or something..

rather, they should be happy.. no tall building right there blocking their view and wind.

it has a lot to with culture and history (past experiences)

nobody likes to have someone die around their place

with an old age home, the risk increases

you dont hear about people complaining about new child care centre

it is all about mindset

Supercharged

I seriously don't mind having it right beside my block. Morn drop off my elder at the center. At nite can fetch back easily.

Supersonic

it has a lot to with culture and history (past experiences)

nobody likes to have someone die around their place

with an old age home, the risk increases

you dont hear about people complaining about new child care centre

it is all about mindset

those ppl forgot bishan was a graveyard in the past?

plus, their void deck never held a funeral wake b4?

↡ Advertisement