Bagless vacuum: Any recommendations?

Count-Bracula

Bringing up this old thread.

Anyone has heard the new ads for Karcher? About water based vaccum system.

I believe it should be this product

http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/HOME_LINE/Vacuum_Cleaners_with_waterfilter/Device/11952070.htm

If so, it should function the same as a much more expensive Rainbow/Delphin vaccuum right?

http://rainbowsystem.com/rainbow-system/how-it-works/

• Praise 1

Bringing up this old thread.

Anyone has heard the new ads for Karcher? About water based vaccum system.

I believe it should be this product

http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/HOME_LINE/Vacuum_Cleaners_with_waterfilter/Device/11952070.htm

If so, it should function the same as a much more expensive Rainbow/Delphin vaccuum right?

http://rainbowsystem.com/rainbow-system/how-it-works/

I used the rainbow and have recently changed to delphin. Most important reason to buy this type of machine (fr me at least) is that it cleans mattresses thoroughly. My son has extreme allegies and after cleaning the bed with the machine, no longer have stuffy nose. He has already gone for one operation and was advised by ent surgeon to get rid of dust and dust mites.

If ths is not your need, you may not want to spend the money cos the machine is expensive.

Turbocharged

Used the previous model of karcher water based before and find it decent. Clean only about as well as a dyson but more troublesome to maintain.

The dyson on the other hand is all good and well till u need to empty the canister whereby you are still exposed to duist for a short while.

Now considering MIele as a replacement as the it's HEPA and the bags are sealed when removing to dispose.

Anyone interested in a budget vacuum? Brand is Candy or something. Bought it but find it troublesome to use vaccum, prefer the mop lol

Anyone knows whether these vacuums can be used to like clean drainage pipe of your aircon?

What the companies are using are essentially wet/dry vaccum cleaners? Do they need something like water filtration or just dam lot of power and the water doesnt enter the turbine ...

Used the previous model of karcher water based before and find it decent. Clean only about as well as a dyson but more troublesome to maintain.

The dyson on the other hand is all good and well till u need to empty the canister whereby you are still exposed to duist for a short while.

Now considering MIele as a replacement as the it's HEPA and the bags are sealed when removing to dispose.

Cyclone technology came from Dyson. but many manufacturers also now have cyclone technology. And also much cheaper.... Only 200+ niah.

I also considering between miele, cyclone vacuum or maybe water based.

Anyone knows whether these vacuums can be used to like clean drainage pipe of your aircon?

What the companies are using are essentially wet/dry vaccum cleaners? Do they need something like water filtration or just dam lot of power and the water doesnt enter the turbine ...

My drainage pipe got choked bcuz of algae growth inside the pipe.

Use bleach in a sprayer to clean fan coil. It clears the dirt as well as kill algae.

Now, no more choke, no need to vacuum out.

Just my thoughts.

Models seem to be higher and higher suction power.

IMO really don't need too high suction.

Try vacuuming curtains with such high suction.

Real danger of ripping curtains.

Had a Phillips which was good but switching failed just outside warranty.

Now bought Karcher which is fine but still too high suction, imo.

Should normally have control one.

are those handheld vaccum powerful or not.

always think they r not as good as the real thing. reminds me of car vaccum cleaners...lousy

My 5 years old Dyson DC19 is still working so well! Had tried using another vacuum first and then Dyson to vacuum the same areas again, it turned out Dyson picking up dusts. Floor always feeling smoother after using Dyson.

Next vacuum will be still a Dyson!

Since my last post back in May12....updating you guys today....

My dinosaur DC19 motor up lorry today with seizure and white smoke during it last breath to serve my family.

Time to go shopping for another vacuum.

Turbocharged

Since my last post back in May12....updating you guys today....

My dinosaur DC19 motor up lorry today with seizure and white smoke during it last breath to serve my family.

Time to go shopping for another vacuum.

7 years? How often you use? Apartment?

(edited)

Dyson has a service centre at Thye Hong Centre next to Redhil MRT station. Don't give up on it. My DC08 got renewed with a new bin and radix assembly. The motor can be easily replaced. For the DC08 that is. Dunno about the DC19.

Videos on the motor replacement for the DC08. You can buy the motor off from some spare parts places on the Internet or you can just go over to Dyson service centre at Thye Hong Centre.

OK found it. Video from Vacuumsmart again. Replacing the motor on the DC19. You are saved!

Edited by Genie47
  • Praise 1

Dyson has a service centre at Thye Hong Centre next to Redhil MRT station. Don't give up on it. My DC08 got renewed with a new bin and radix assembly. The motor can be easily replaced. For the DC08 that is. Dunno about the DC19.

Videos on the motor replacement for the DC08. You can buy the motor off from some spare parts places on the Internet or you can just go over to Dyson service centre at Thye Hong Centre.

OK found it. Video from Vacuumsmart again. Replacing the motor on the DC19. You are saved!

Thanks bro.

I got a DC28 yesterday so letting this hardworking DC19 RIP forever.

i am using LURA now found it quite light compare to other bulky VC.Just weight around 6.5kg lolx. Previously use rainbow but 10kg ++ mean a white elephant in store room lolx.my mum say i idiot buy so heavy how she going to use =,=!!! the time i buy rainbow

↡ Advertisement