Bali handicrafts.

Donut

Supercharged

Hi folks,

I was told since I was young, about buying bali local handicrafts, as not to buy them because they do contain spirits and will create havoc in the home. And I always remember this advice. I never buy any bali handicraft, especially those 'idols and ancient figurine.

Lately, one of my colleague shared her experience abt this. Its up to you whether want to believe or not.

She bought a nice painting from bali, this painting shows the traditional balinese dancers and costumes. She was happy with the purchase as it was nicely painted.

The day she brought it home, she hang it in her bedroom. On that night, she slept. Middle of night, she heard a voice calling her "wake up, wake up". She woke up blur, wondering what's the voice. She open her eyes, looking at the painting. She literally saw the balinese dancers stepping out from the painting and start to dance the balinese dance in front of her. She described it like a 3D effect, that she saw the dancers slowly stepping out from the painting and started to move their arms and heads dancing, and she literally heard the balinese music being played at same time.

She was damm freaked out and in shock. Too shocked to scream and didn't dare to move. It went on for awhile. She closed her eyes and started praying (she's a catholic). The next morning, she took down painting and quickly wrap it up and throw in her store room. She didn't know what to do with it. She didn't dare to throw away.

She asked around ppl about her experience and bali ppl explained that these artists who are painting or carving these handicrafts to sell, these artists sell their soul to the devil, so that these products can be sold easily. They need the money. So when they sold their souls, funny spirits will go into these products.

Up to you to believe or not. I still wont buy any of these stuff...... heard enough of such experiences since young.

↡ Advertisement

Hi folks,

I was told since I was young, about buying bali local handicrafts, as not to buy them because they do contain spirits and will create havoc in the home. And I always remember this advice. I never buy any bali handicraft, especially those 'idols and ancient figurine.

Lately, one of my colleague shared her experience abt this. Its up to you whether want to believe or not.

She bought a nice painting from bali, this painting shows the traditional balinese dancers and costumes. She was happy with the purchase as it was nicely painted.

The day she brought it home, she hang it in her bedroom. On that night, she slept. Middle of night, she heard a voice calling her "wake up, wake up". She woke up blur, wondering what's the voice. She open her eyes, looking at the painting. She literally saw the balinese dancers stepping out from the painting and start to dance the balinese dance in front of her. She described it like a 3D effect, that she saw the dancers slowly stepping out from the painting and started to move their arms and heads dancing, and she literally heard the balinese music being played at same time.

She was damm freaked out and in shock. Too shocked to scream and didn't dare to move. It went on for awhile. She closed her eyes and started praying (she's a catholic). The next morning, she took down painting and quickly wrap it up and throw in her store room. She didn't know what to do with it. She didn't dare to throw away.

She asked around ppl about her experience and bali ppl explained that these artists who are painting or carving these handicrafts to sell, these artists sell their soul to the devil, so that these products can be sold easily. They need the money. So when they sold their souls, funny spirits will go into these products.

Up to you to believe or not. I still wont buy any of these stuff...... heard enough of such experiences since young.

it is all in the mind

Supercharged

it is all in the mind

It's all in the mind, I don't know. But this colleague is not a ghost believer. And she never encounter such things before and never think of such things before. And she's not the 1st case I know of, about bali handicrafts. I heard of strange things from Bali stuff since young. Ppl got possessed at home and all that.

Boh leh..... took back 3 wood items. 2 wood pieces and a mirror (type with windows to open and expose the mirror)

Ok mah..... maybe bought from those poor artist who didn't do anything funny... cause those items were so covered in dust and looked like it could have sat there for years...... definitely not fast moving goods.

Supercharged

Boh leh..... took back 3 wood items. 2 wood pieces and a mirror (type with windows to open and expose the mirror)

Ok mah..... maybe bought from those poor artist who didn't do anything funny... cause those items were so covered in dust and looked like it could have sat there for years...... definitely not fast moving goods.

U sure it's your own reflection in the mirror each time u look at it? LOL

+1. was thinking incredible tales too. but they already ran a similar story liao.

Wah bro, so interesting your story... can submit to Incredible Tales [thumbsup]

shd tell her to relax...i also bot things fr there no problem altho one painting i bot went missing mysteriously on my way to the airport. i thot my wife is carrying it and she thot i was and the story goes.

I suggest the best souvenirs from Bali.

Pictures of their women. Yes, their women in their traditional dress and also in the traditional dances. Even their prepubescent girls are beautiful in the traditional dress. So graceful. I look at my daughters next to them, my daughters behave like barbarians from Central Asia. [laugh]

Even their old women have this sense of grace carrying things on top of their heads. I think it is this act that makes them so graceful while walking.

Hypersonic

I believe the TS.

These things do happen.

Thailand and Indonesian black

magic is very strong.

Women even put needles under

their skin to look young forever.

Thats why I am very wary of going

to Indo & Thiland to play.

It could be a granny who is giving

you that soapy bath.

[rolleyes]

Anyway more importantly

Are the dancers topless, naked

or fully clothed?

And if first 2, she should give it away

if no 3 she should just keep it

:D

Supercharged

don't like that leh, i just received a gift of such from my colleague who went bali [laugh]

joke aside, i believe your story

Supersonic

maybe those souvenirs made in china?..... [laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic

Actually TS friend is very safe.

If it was really Balinese ghost,

she wouldn't have heard

Wake up, wake up,

she would have heard

Bangun, bangun.

Cos Balinese ghost

would speak Balinese.

Supersonic

Actually TS friend is very safe.

If it was really Balinese ghost,

she wouldn't have heard

Wake up, wake up,

she would have heard

Bangun, bangun.

Cos Balinese ghost

would speak Balinese.

This is "export quality" ghost, of course can speak Inggeris. [laugh]

I suggest the best souvenirs from Bali.

Pictures of their women. Yes, their women in their traditional dress and also in the traditional dances. Even their prepubescent girls are beautiful in the traditional dress. So graceful. I look at my daughters next to them, my daughters behave like barbarians from Central Asia. [laugh]

Even their old women have this sense of grace carrying things on top of their heads. I think it is this act that makes them so graceful while walking.

haha like tat say your daughters... [:p]

haha like tat say your daughters... [:p]

Serious. Go there and visited a Balinese house and my daughters played with the girls there. They were so graceful in their mannerisms. My daughters very chor lor really facepalm seeing them side-by-side. Their features also very delicate. Really like porcelain dolls.

↡ Advertisement