Drivers misusing the car horn?

Stiener

Neutral Newbie

look at this

http://cars.st701.com/articles/view/4144

Comply with road markings

Those white and yellow lines on the road tell motorists what they can or cannot do.

Centre broken white line on a two-way road: Vehicles should keep to the left of this line.

Double broken white lines: Give way to traffic on the major road.

Stop line: Stop to check the traffic situation ahead before moving off.

Centre white line: Vehicles should keep to the left of this line. No parking on both sides of the road at all times.

Centre double white lines: Vehicles are not allowed to cross the lines. No parking on both sides of the road at all times.

Single yellow line: No parking on that side of the road between 7am and 7pm, except on Sundays and public holidays.

Double yellow lines: No parking on that side of the road at all times.

Single yellow zigzag line: No parking on that side of the road at all times. Stopping for loading and unloading of passengers is permitted.

Single white zigzag line: Advance warning of the presence of a zebra crossing. No overtaking, waiting or parking in the vicinity.

Double yellow zigzag lines: No stopping on that side of the road at all times.

Good morning!!

I met a Suzuki Swift driver this morning who honk my wife when she stopped at the road side for me to alight. I recalled that she had turned on the hazard indicators 3 seconds prior to stopping. Slowly down gradually instead of abrupt braking. It took me 3 seconds to alight and close the door. The moment I opened the door I heard the honk from this Swift behind. It was a single white line (center) and it was not at a filter lane or zebra crossing. I wonder what was in the mind of the driver?

Have you come across drivers (including friends) who experience pleasure out of honking (venting of fustration) instead of showing displeasure about other road users behaviour. A typical one but not seen everyday are drivers that speed up when another car moves (with more than enough clearance) into its lane and honk all the way.

Maybe I should have alighted, walk to the swift, knock on the window, point to the center white line and recommend him to keep a BT book in his car. Pass TPT doesn't mean one can discard what they learnt in BT and FT.

↡ Advertisement

this kind of shits happened to me so many times that i had lost count

i always react depending on my mood..

3 weeks ago, i drop my mum off under my block before i drove to park my car as i know i will have to go up to the roof of the multi-storey carpark if i reach home after 10pm. idiot behind me cannot wait, blast his horn at me..... consider himself sway tat day... i nearly broke his window as he refuse to wind down.. when he finally did after locking his door, he tried to reason with me, but i not in the mood, juz fark him all the way without listening to what he say n give his tyre a kiss with by feet before i walk off... thinking he may come down to confront me after taking my verbal abuse, i look back a few times at his car... but he never did... juz saw him dazing in is car, shaking his head.....

but after i reach home, got a lecture from my mum over my temper... haiz..

last week, same thing happen over the same place.... this time i came down from my car and i look at my mum and took a deep breath, remembering what she told me last time round, i waved sorry to that b------d... twice...... why i called him a b------d.. coz that farker PARK (not drop off) his car at the spot i occupied previously and waited for his gf to come down.. knn....

Hypersonic

but i not in the mood, juz fark him all the way without listening to what he say n give his tyre a kiss with by feet before i walk off...

[thumbsup]

I wish the TS did the same rather than come here and post.

Neutral Newbie

I would have walked to his car and ask him what's his problem.

Eh...don't talk big here lah...if it's you I doubt you have the balls to do that leh... [laugh]

To be fair also, pls do not pick up/drop off people everywhere. Why should we put convenience in front of safety?

Sg drivers always horn when they buay song, that is what I notice.

I only horn to alert other drivers or to prevent accidents.

Sg drivers have very bad driving attitude.

They are very generous with their horn and stingy with their signal.

I seldom horn after having being scolded by my Boleh fren when I drove in Msia.

Over there, they seldom horn.

The drivers there are more patience if you notice.

Boleh drivers are no different if not worse.

Don't waste yr time posting here la. Just walk up to him and ask him what's his problem.

I have the same experience when I was dropping my elderly mum off for her dental appt. All I need is 15 secs to come out of the car, hold her to the pavement and I drive off. Like that, the farking Vios driver also want to horn at me. I waved my hand at him asking what's his problem and he buey song. Had an argument and in the end, just ask him to fark off. Want to bang, bang my rear lor. He also no balls to come down of his car. But have to add I am 1.9m and 90+kg la. [:p]

LJ Vios with an ah beng. No wonder driving this sort of car. Even his OC besides him just ask him to forget it.

That's d way to do it.

Shows that u are ready to fight when going to battle.

A young punk driving a Alfa Rom, actually stopped in front of me and came down, walked to my car and challenged me. I was so hot I purposely swung my door at him as i opened it, he oso kwai kwai siam my door. After some shouting bouts, i asked him why he challenged me out of my car for? At this point he just became incoherent and just said to me think i louder voice can win is it?

Farking coward!!!! Not battle ready but want to confront/challenge others even when he is wrong. Farking ah kua.

actually it depends.... what you encouunter may differ in view from the other car

1) 3s gradual stop.... dunno leh but seems a bit short

2) is there a better place to stop in front without blocking other cars.. if yes, then maybe he feels you are lazy

3) is it really 3s to alight?

Maybe you should have walked to the swift but since

you din have the balls to do it,

you can post here as a keyboard hero.

:D

I am indeed a keyboard warrior. Should have walk up to him and ask for a valid reason to horn. If he kept arguing, I'll point to my rear camera and tell him to see his handsome face on mycarforum. Anyway...the recording is already overwritten now. Lesson learnt, if it is invalid, never stand down, confront liao post online and shame the fellow.

actually it depends.... what you encouunter may differ in view from the other car

1) 3s gradual stop.... dunno leh but seems a bit short

2) is there a better place to stop in front without blocking other cars.. if yes, then maybe he feels you are lazy

3) is it really 3s to alight?

(edited)

Has anyone come across relatives or friends who are 2 different person when they put their hands behind the steering? Nothing to do with this incident. Just out of curiosity.

Edited by Stiener

Sg drivers always horn when they buay song, that is what I notice.

I only horn to alert other drivers or to prevent accidents.

Sg drivers have very bad driving attitude.

They are very generous with their horn and stingy with their signal.

I seldom horn after having being scolded by my Boleh fren when I drove in Msia.

Over there, they seldom horn.

The drivers there are more patience if you notice.

Try driving in China then...

u will go deaf just hearing the horn...

Hypersonic

I am indeed a keyboard warrior. Should have walk up to him and ask for a valid reason to horn. If he kept arguing, I'll point to my rear camera and tell him to see his handsome face on mycarforum. Anyway...the recording is already overwritten now. Lesson learnt, if it is invalid, never stand down, confront liao post online and shame the fellow.

[thumbsup]

This kind of thing is commonplace in Singapore. If you are certain that you or your wife didn't break any regulations or cause anyone to make an emergency stop, then just ignore it and don't take it to heart.

Has anyone come across relatives or friends who are 2 different person when they put their hands behind the steering? Nothing to do with this incident. Just out of curiosity.

Yes, quite a few.

One thing I noticed is that a lot of drivers here tend to horn simply out of reflex or bad habit rather than real anger. Noticed this in both my uncle and some of my friends, they can simply horn at someone who filtered in (not abruptly, with plenty of space), or slowed down (again in a normal way, not unreasonably slow) to make a turn, while still happily chatting to me.

Neutral Newbie

That's d way to do it.

Shows that u are ready to fight when going to battle.

A young punk driving a Alfa Rom, actually stopped in front of me and came down, walked to my car and challenged me. I was so hot I purposely swung my door at him as i opened it, he oso kwai kwai siam my door. After some shouting bouts, i asked him why he challenged me out of my car for? At this point he just became incoherent and just said to me think i louder voice can win is it?

Farking coward!!!! Not battle ready but want to confront/challenge others even when he is wrong. Farking ah kua.

So I can assume you are combat ready at any point of time? You'll meet your match one fine day [thumbsup] Someone with nothing to lose will break some of your body parts...

I would have walked to his car and ask him what's his problem.

Ya why didn't ask her what she want. I also kena once at the junction where I was in the lane where going straight and turn right.

The light turn red when I can't make it so I stopped as I was going straight and very far away abt 5 car length that guy honk me as he wanted to turn right.

I opened my car door ask him what he want he dare not to come out. Inside his car he point he wanted to turn right I said I wanted to go straight. :D

(edited)

Good morning!!

I met a Suzuki Swift driver this morning who honk my wife when she stopped at the road side for me to alight. I recalled that she had turned on the hazard indicators 3 seconds prior to stopping. Slowly down gradually instead of abrupt braking. It took me 3 seconds to alight and close the door. The moment I opened the door I heard the honk from this Swift behind. It was a single white line (center) and it was not at a filter lane or zebra crossing. I wonder what was in the mind of the driver?

Have you come across drivers (including friends) who experience pleasure out of honking (venting of fustration) instead of showing displeasure about other road users behaviour. A typical one but not seen everyday are drivers that speed up when another car moves (with more than enough clearance) into its lane and honk all the way.

Maybe I should have alighted, walk to the swift, knock on the window, point to the center white line and recommend him to keep a BT book in his car. Pass TPT doesn't mean one can discard what they learnt in BT and FT.

Was is a double or single lane?

Edited by Aaron_soh80

Was is a double or single lane?

It is a single white line in the center.

↡ Advertisement