SISTIC anti-competitive verdict upheld

Jman888

What does it mean? they can continue to sell and charge $3 fee per ticket? [confused] [confused]

it was like some kind of taxes lor!

$3 per ticket is quite siong [sweatdrop]

Posted: 01 June 2012 1336 hrs

SINGAPORE: Ticketing services provider SISTIC has lost its appeal against a decision by the Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) that it abused its dominant position through a series of exclusive agreements.

The Competition Appeal Board (CAB) upheld that decision on Monday.

The appeal board also agreed with CCS's decision to impose a financial penalty on SISTIC but reduced the quantum.

The initial penalty imposed amounting to S$989,000 has been reduced to S$769,000 after the board took both aggravating and mitigating factors into consideration.

CAB also ordered that SISTIC pay 70 per cent of CCS' costs incurred for the appeal.

- CNA/wm

↡ Advertisement

sistic is overcharging both tix and booking charges.

machiam our pub bill....not happy, use candle or go swimming pool bathe lah [furious]

Question is

Who OWNs SISTIC ??

Who are their shareholders ?

Any Garment officials have a stake in it that works in a dept that that is related to it ?

Why has this continued for so many years as a Monopoly ?

We need heads to roll as we sharpen our axes of accountability.

Question is

Who OWNs SISTIC ??

Who are their shareholders ?

Any Garment officials have a stake in it that works in a dept that that is related to it ?

Why has this continued for so many years as a Monopoly ?

We need heads to roll as we sharpen our axes of accountability.

Gatecrash also does ticketing but not many event go through them [:(]

but yes, my first thought was they belong to a govt agency to promote the art scene/activities <_< <_<

i still dont understand the $1/$3 logic...

they are already earning when those hosting events go through them

(edited)

iirc, i think this was about SISTIC insisting venue operators use their services. e.g. if you wanted to stage a show at the indoor stadium, you MUST use SISTIC. Therefore, anti-competitive.

they are free to charge whatever they like, but they cannot abuse their dominant position. i.e. force others to use them.

Edited by Tonyhawk

iirc, i think this was about SISTIC insisting venue operators use their services. e.g. if you wanted to stage a show at the indoor stadium, you MUST use SISTIC. Therefore, anti-competitive.

they are free to charge whatever they like, but they cannot abuse their dominant position. i.e. force others to use them.

they provide a central site for booking ticket is fine, but i dun mind if Esplanade or Indoor stadium has their own online ticketing system then we dun have to pay extra <_<

Hypersonic

So who will pay the 769k penalty and 70% CCS cost?

Will they have to increase ticket prices to cover this?

:D

and that was where the problem arose. i would have not given two hoots if SISTIC own all those venues where it insisted that events organisers had no other avenue to head to but them when it came to ticketing. SISTIC doesn't.

this doesn't even make sense in my opinion. they are just a middle man. on what basis did it claim a strong handed monopoly on events held at those venues? and for such a long time.

i dont really like the fact that the penalty quantum decreased after the appeal. what signal is being sent?

and that was where the problem arose. i would have not given two hoots if SISTIC own all those venues where it insisted that events organisers had no other avenue to head to but them when it came to ticketing. SISTIC doesn't.

this doesn't even make sense in my opinion. they are just a middle man. on what basis did it claim a strong handed monopoly on events held at those venues? and for such a long time.

i dont really like the fact that the penalty quantum decreased after the appeal. what signal is being sent?

This type of company So Garang sure got backing by some high officials and no one dare question their actions.

reduce the penalty ? I'd say dig backwards all the years and increase the penalty instead.

sadly the reduction must have come from influential official one lah...

having officials in your pockets is better than a gun sometimes..

What does it mean? they can continue to sell and charge $3 fee per ticket? [confused] [confused]

it was like some kind of taxes lor!

$3 per ticket is quite siong [sweatdrop]

Posted: 01 June 2012 1336 hrs

SINGAPORE: Ticketing services provider SISTIC has lost its appeal against a decision by the Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) that it abused its dominant position through a series of exclusive agreements.

The Competition Appeal Board (CAB) upheld that decision on Monday.

The appeal board also agreed with CCS's decision to impose a financial penalty on SISTIC but reduced the quantum.

The initial penalty imposed amounting to S$989,000 has been reduced to S$769,000 after the board took both aggravating and mitigating factors into consideration.

CAB also ordered that SISTIC pay 70 per cent of CCS' costs incurred for the appeal.

- CNA/wm

It's upheld ma. So it's the otherway round. Means sistic is screwed. Sort of.

Hope this opens up other ticket sellers. Because, honestly, Sistic sucsk.

Supersonic

What's the point of this verdict? Since SISTIC still continue to charge extra $3 booking fee? [:/]

What's the point of this verdict? Since SISTIC still continue to charge extra $3 booking fee? [:/]

It's a fine first ma. If they continue, then fine some more lor. Fine until they stop....

Supersonic

It's a fine first ma. If they continue, then fine some more lor. Fine until they stop....

Doesnt benefits consumers no matter how many times and how much they got fine. SISTIC still continue to charge the $3 booking fee. -_-

We pay charges to Sistic.

Sistic pays "fine" to govt.

So you know where our money goes :D