Concerns About Fast-Food Delivery Staff & Their Motorcycles

Vulcann

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_805936.html

Concerns about fast-food delivery staff and their motorcycles

Published on Jun 2, 2012

ST_20120602_STFORUM02A_3144384.jpg

I AM concerned by the reckless riding of fast-food delivery staff, especially when they zip along Housing Board void decks to save time or make the delivery deadline.

Last Saturday, I saw a Pizza Hut delivery rider doing just that at Marine Parade.

I called the Pizza Hut hotline to complain and the reply I received from the manager was that the fast-food chain would look into the matter and counsel the rider.

When I asked for the motorcycle licence number, he replied that he did not have it and explained the difficulties in identifying the rider.

To his credit, he identified the rider after several calls, but it would not have been possible had I not persisted.

When fast-food companies receive complaints, do they actually discipline the riders and to what extent?

Over the weekend, I noticed two riders apparently making a delivery for McDonald's on motorcycles carrying Johor licence plates. At least one rider (see photo) was on a motorbike with only a provisional Malaysian licence. Is this legal?

Are foreign vehicles allowed to be used for business purposes? How is insurance managed in the event of an accident?

The authorities should review policies and regulate fast-food delivery service by motorcycling staff.

Fast-food companies should also do the right thing by conducting safety reminders daily to motorcycle delivery staff, handle complaints seriously and be prepared to discipline staff, including terminating the services of such staff and reporting recalcitrant riders to the police.

These companies should also review remuneration for these riders to give them an incentive to ride safely while not affecting their income.

Until there is an improvement, I shall not be ordering home delivery; not when there is a chance that someone's safety could be at stake.

Adrian Lee

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The last time I order Canadian pizza n it took them 4hrs for the outlet manager to send me using his personal car cos his rider accident while sending my order..

All this deliveryman all very reckless driving..

So far having see a good one yet

Well can't agree more with this.

Use to be a Canadian DR.

In a space of 2 Hrs, I sEnd 25 orders to customer house.

I Admit i was Damn reckless that time.

But learn my lesson after that.

Nowadays most of the DR is from across the causeway,

Mcdonalds, KFC and pizza hut are currently employing this Hell Rider from causeway..

Use to be a Canadian DR.

Mcdonalds, KFC and pizza hut are currently employing this Hell Rider from causeway..

I thought they used to be locals.....So now they get from across the Causeway?

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_805936.html

Concerns about fast-food delivery staff and their motorcycles

Published on Jun 2, 2012

I AM concerned by the reckless riding of fast-food delivery staff, especially when they zip along Housing Board void decks to save time or make the delivery deadline.

Last Saturday, I saw a Pizza Hut delivery rider doing just that at Marine Parade.

I called the Pizza Hut hotline to complain and the reply I received from the manager was that the fast-food chain would look into the matter and counsel the rider.

When I asked for the motorcycle licence number, he replied that he did not have it and explained the difficulties in identifying the rider.

To his credit, he identified the rider after several calls, but it would not have been possible had I not persisted.

When fast-food companies receive complaints, do they actually discipline the riders and to what extent?

Over the weekend, I noticed two riders apparently making a delivery for McDonald's on motorcycles carrying Johor licence plates. At least one rider (see photo) was on a motorbike with only a provisional Malaysian licence. Is this legal?

Are foreign vehicles allowed to be used for business purposes? How is insurance managed in the event of an accident?

The authorities should review policies and regulate fast-food delivery service by motorcycling staff.

Fast-food companies should also do the right thing by conducting safety reminders daily to motorcycle delivery staff, handle complaints seriously and be prepared to discipline staff, including terminating the services of such staff and reporting recalcitrant riders to the police.

These companies should also review remuneration for these riders to give them an incentive to ride safely while not affecting their income.

Until there is an improvement, I shall not be ordering home delivery; not when there is a chance that someone's safety could be at stake.

Adrian Lee

Avoid them far far away. I think the remuneration for these riders are based on the number of trips they made and the more trips they run, the more monies they earn. Thus, that should explain some of the recklessness of some of these riders.

I must agree msians are quite reckless especially those "race"of youths .. no offence to any of the MCF bros.

the other point to raise if they are authorised to work in SG using their Msian bikes.. if suay suay kena accidents.. do we claim from the fast food restaurants? are their insurance properly covered for this purpose?

How to work DR.

The cost of petrol going up,

Insurance of bike going up,

But the pay per hr still not going up,

If base on per trip damn it's hard to get a lot, due to many riders standby..

Not all rider from the causeway is riding dangerously.

Some of Our local Singaporean also hell rider.

What is the important thing the rider should remember is their safety.

They are the vulnerable one.

Pray that when they go out for delivery job,

go work in 1 piece, come back home also in 1 piece..

agree

use to be delivery rider years ago

rising up through the rank to be an outlet manager in the end

of course there are definitely some hot blood riders

but there are too safe riders

there are other contributions factor such as

too many order comes at the same time

customer making noise

manager under pressure

shortage of riders

its not easy especially kena bad weather

recently alot of malaysian riders is because after exchange rate for full timer

they can get rm3500

Use to be a Canadian DR.

Was b'cos u were forced to make fast deliveries?

I must agree msians are quite reckless especially those "race"of youths .. no offence to any of the MCF bros.

the other point to raise if they are authorised to work in SG using their Msian bikes.. if suay suay kena accidents.. do we claim from the fast food restaurants? are their insurance properly covered for this purpose?

In d event can't claim against vehicle's insurance, shud be able to claim against the company rite?

Already you can see PRC uncle riding their electric bicycle delivering Maconalds.

Soon the delivery team will be all foreigners.

Neutral Newbie

They are really working their a** off man, when I ordered Macs a few weeks ago, they promised me a delivery time of 45 minutes.

The delivery man came in about 30 minutes, gave me my order, I paid and he literally ran to his bike again.

But the restaurants do not accept orders on rainy days, which is a good thing as it is darned dangerous to ride in the rain for this kind of job!

Was b'cos u were forced to make fast deliveries?

Nope.

It's all because of the docket trip.

0.50 per trip on top of ur per hr pay was a lot for an NS active.. Extra cash no CPF!

Last time young and dangerous, doesn't care too much untill I met with an accident that almost take my life!!!

Just take the order and zoom to customer house and rush back to restaurant..

They are really working their a** off man, when I ordered Macs a few weeks ago, they promised me a delivery time of 45 minutes.

The delivery man came in about 30 minutes, gave me my order, I paid and he literally ran to his bike again.

But the restaurants do not accept orders on rainy days, which is a good thing as it is darned dangerous to ride in the rain for this kind of job!

Macdonalds actually have a lot of standby rider at the outlet.

Come on think back how long u need to pack a burger fries and drinks when all the item are already standby at the Heat Chutes???

Customer service just happy2 quote u longer waiting time and when the order came early u will be a happy customer and order from them again.

unless really a lot of order they really quote a longer waiting time..

↡ Advertisement