Malaysian police are after S'pore-registered vehicles in JB

Dafansu

Turbocharged

JOHOR BARU - Malaysian police are after Singapore-registered vehicles which have not settled their fines for unpaid traffic summonses.

Johor Baru (South) traffic chief Deputy Supt Ooi Kok Seong said about four million summonses were issued to foreign vehicles, especially Singapore cars, since 2005.

"Police are conducting an operation dubbed Ops Warta Singapura against owners of vehicles who have not paid the fines.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...602-350069.html

↡ Advertisement

Used 2nd link yest evening to go up north. Big road block on the 2nd link hway before exiting to join NSHW.

JOHOR BARU - Malaysian police are after Singapore-registered vehicles which have not settled their fines for unpaid traffic summonses.

Johor Baru (South) traffic chief Deputy Supt Ooi Kok Seong said about four million summonses were issued to foreign vehicles, especially Singapore cars, since 2005.

"Police are conducting an operation dubbed Ops Warta Singapura against owners of vehicles who have not paid the fines.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...602-350069.html

Thanks for the web link [thumbsup] . Lucky me, no outstanding summons for all my cars for now.

Regards,

They not enuf pocket money har? Out to raise funds

You speed, you pay fine, which is fair enough. The same is done to their local drivers. However, in MY, you pay fine early, you enjoy hefty discount. In SG, you pay late or don't pay, you go jail.

Regards,

You speed, you pay fine, which is fair enough. The same is done to their local drivers. However, in MY, you pay fine early, you enjoy hefty discount. In SG, you pay late or don't pay, you go jail.

Regards,

TRUE THAT.

TRUE THAT.

Again, (in the link) I can't imagine someone who has accumulated a fine, amounted to RM4060. Must be a Cheongsters, driving a super car.

Regards,

If change new car then can go in with clean record.

So now buy USED cars also need to check MyEG website 1st.

Regards,

(edited)

Regards,

Used Cars can add one more selling point: Zero Fine in Malaysia.

Edited by Sphwee

Regards,

Carry LTA vehicle transfer of ownership notice with you inside the car. If tio block because of previous owner, just show them the LTA letter.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

they are very hungry now....very hungry!

[knife][rifle]

Sg can do the same back.....increasing the $$$ My car come in.....

Edited by 8oo8
↡ Advertisement