Jogger Hit by Car - Died

Poper

My heart goes to the entire Gurkha contingent and the deceased Grukha's family. Personally I am quite speechless in how such a thing can happen. I also don't understand what is happening to drivers in Spore (regardless of nationalities or race or car makes).

I am a regular jogger and I jog where my mind or legs wanted me to go on each run. For me it is an enjoyment and relieving moment when I run. However for the Gurkhas, it is part of their jog of never fall behind. Subconsciously there is always this fear that I will be hit by car and this only proves that there is no fool proof plan as long as there is non-sensible people on the road doing senseless thing. I now will run with fear and gratefulness more than enjoyment.

RIP...and run on high alert mod fellow runners.

Neutral Newbie

What the H*LL is happening to drivers in Singapore??!!!!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...tong_pasir.html

"STOMPer K noticed that a Toyota Vios had veered onto the pedestrian pathway opposite Potong Pasir Block 101 at about 7pm today (June 02). A jogger was hit by the car, and died on the scene."

Terrible. Bad luck. People die in auto accidents everyday around the world too. Sad fact of life. You need to be careful when you're driving and when you are walking.

i never like to run on pavement beside the road, not only it is smelly due to exhaust, its also dangerous in this case. if need to, always run against the direction of traffic so you know the condition ahead.

+1

Bro, no need so complicated. All that is needed is for the laws to change. I have not seen a guilty reckless driver who has caused death of a fellow road user being imprisoned and/or caned. Time for the laws to change!

My heart goes to the entire Gurkha contingent and the deceased Grukha's family. Personally I am quite speechless in how such a thing can happen. I also don't understand what is happening to drivers in Spore (regardless of nationalities or race or car makes).

I am a regular jogger and I jog where my mind or legs wanted me to go on each run. For me it is an enjoyment and relieving moment when I run. However for the Gurkhas, it is part of their jog of never fall behind. Subconsciously there is always this fear that I will be hit by car and this only proves that there is no fool proof plan as long as there is non-sensible people on the road doing senseless thing. I now will run with fear and gratefulness more than enjoyment.

RIP...and run on high alert mod fellow runners.

+1. This morning I dismounted and carry my bike from the road with the heavier motorised traffic blocking my way and the air-pollution from them.

Unrelated incident, but since this is about a jogger and since there seems to be a push toward thread consolidation, I thought I'd piggy back on this one.

I saw this female jogger kitted in what what looks like a marathon outfit on the Adam Road chevron right between the expressway entry points. Remember that there are no side-walks here, and that very heavy vehicles frequently ply this stretch (there's one in the video!).

Footage:

http://youtu.be/GUNAVHqrHnQ

Select the highest quality setting. The part of interest occurs from 0:40 in the video (10:39:30 on the car cam time if you're in full screen).

• Praise 1

Unrelated incident, but since this is about a jogger and since there seems to be a push toward thread consolidation, I thought I'd piggy back on this one.

I saw this female jogger kitted in what what looks like a marathon outfit on the Adam Road chevron right between the expressway entry points. Remember that there are no side-walks here, and that very heavy vehicles frequently ply this stretch (there's one in the video!).

Footage:

Select the highest quality setting. The part of interest occurs from 0:40 in the video (10:39:30 on the car cam time if you're in full screen).

Hallowed be thy name if the runner got hit by any car.....😂😂😂
  • Praise 1

Hallowed be thy name if the runner got hit by any car.....😂😂😂

Haha, I know the "soundtrack" was gonna get commented on. If (choi!) she got hit, it would be like "Maiden, meet Iron". [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

Haha, I know the "soundtrack" was gonna get commented on. If (choi!) she got hit, it would be like "Maiden, meet Iron". [laugh]

Then she will truly become Iron Maiden......😆😆😆😆

Not too bad la. At least she's running against direction of traffic.

Footage:

Hypersonic

Footage:

Wow! I don't know what to say. Singapore has no more space for running. Have to share the road with motorists and cyclists [sweatdrop]

Soon people will say these runners need to buy insurance and get license [smash][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Wow! I don't know what to say. Singapore has no more space for running. Have to share the road with motorists and cyclists [sweatdrop]

Soon people will say these runners need to buy insurance and get license [smash][laugh] [laugh]

No I remember someone said the road is not just for cars and vehicles, it's for everyone. So technically the jogger is not wrong.

Don't anyhow say her ok!

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Actually, there is no proper pedestrian walkway or pavement from MacRitchie towards Farrer Road. I tried once walking to Adam Food Centre, have to hop over barriers and dash across slip-roads for PIE - quite risky.

• Praise 1

Not too bad la. At least she's running against direction of traffic.

Perhaps she should try running on the expressway. If she keeps to the shoulder and runs against the flow of traffic, that makes it Ok right? Right?

↡ Advertisement