New Singapore ----start with clean toilets?

KARTer

Targets:- kopitiam, food courts, hawker centers, shopping centers, etc. after so many campaigns, and collecting fees, have you come across any clean ones?

A few hawker centers have "relatively" clean ones, eg serangoon gdn new food centre, thiong bahru HC, but any more?

Maybe also tells us which ones to avoid?

I remember pub toilets in even Taipei, no need to say Japan, are cleaner.... Same crowded city, same Asian users, but the conditions in these toilets are cleaner than ours. They can aim better, and their wee wee less smelly?

Most smelly+dirty toilets:-

Most clean toilets:-

↡ Advertisement

Just hire a part time cleaner that goes around few hawker center to just clean toilets.

Say $1000 for the cleaner.

Not much really.

Right now I see those toilets that collects 10cents at hawker center, the cleaners just splash water to wash away the floor and toilet bowls. Hoe difficult can the job be?

Just hire a part time cleaner that goes around few hawker center to just clean toilets.

Not much really.

Right now I see those toilets that collects 10cents at hawker center, the cleaners just splash water to wash away the floor and toilet bowls. Hoe difficult can the job be?

U never splash water n water kanna your face before?

Imagine if the s--t were to ride on the way n onto yr face.

(edited)

Not much really.

Let's do the Maths:-

In eight working hours this cleaners can cover say three kopitiam toilets twice. Three kopitiams' combined crowd per day is about 3 x 500, or more? 1500 x 30 = 45,000 head count!! The $1000 salary can be shared by 45,000 customer. Even one cleaner per kopitiam non stop cleaning the toilet, from 7am to 10pm, his salary can still come from 15,000 customers quite easily.

Edited by KARTer

U never splash water n water kanna your face before?

Imagine if the s--t were to ride on the way n onto yr face.

As long as the toilet install sufficient exhaust fans(at top part of windows) and sufficient hose taps and efficient drain traps.

The cleaners just need to use a bristle broom and a water jet to wash aways the dirt and sheet in the toilet.

A simple water jet cleaner is just $200 from FIY shop, can blast away the grim and stains on the floor and wall easily.

Cleaner just have to wear safety goggles and mask.

Can be done one.

Just need to hire a full time cleaner at all hawker center. Hey....Job for Singaporeans!!

As long as the toilet install sufficient exhaust fans(at top part of windows) and sufficient hose taps and efficient drain traps.

The cleaners just need to use a bristle broom and a water jet to wash aways the dirt and sheet in the toilet.

A simple water jet cleaner is just $200 from FIY shop, can blast away the grim and stains on the floor and wall easily.

Cleaner just have to wear safety goggles and mask.

Can be done one.

Just need to hire a full time cleaner at all hawker center. Hey....Job for Singaporeans!!

Volunteer job for new citizens, a chance for them to help make this a better place!!

(edited)

Let's do the Maths:-

In eight working hours this cleaners can cover say three kopitiam toilets twice. Three kopitiams' combined crowd per day is about 3 x 500, or more? 1500 x 30 = 45,000 head count!! The $1000 salary can be shared by 45,000 customer. Even one cleaner per kopitiam non stop cleaning the toilet, from 7am to 10pm, his salary can still come from 15,000 customers quite easily.

My point exactly.

Hawkers center don't need those professional cleaners.

As long as the tissue papers on the floor, and unflusheded sheet are clean away in time, say twice to thrice per day, is sufficient.

Just use a broom and plenty of water to wash, not difficult.

Cost is really cheap by sharing and amortizing.

Edited by SimonTan

(edited)

Targets:- kopitiam, food courts, hawker centers, shopping centers, etc. after so many campaigns, and collecting fees, have you come across any clean ones?

A few hawker centers have "relatively" clean ones, eg serangoon gdn new food centre, thiong bahru HC, but any more?

I remember pub toilets in even Taipei, no need to say Japan, are cleaner.... Same crowded city, same Asian users, but the conditions in these toilets are cleaner than ours. They can aim better, and their wee wee less smelly?

Aging population have Erectile Dyfunction mah. :ph34r:

Dirtiest toilet?.....try Oxley Rd. :excl:[:p]

Edited by Westkid

sometimes not i wan to say, but singaporeans are quite one kind. their own things keep clean clean, public things heck care dirty not my problem.

1 back lane behind Desker Road (not even a toilet)

Do public libraries count ?

Toa Payoh library ground floor men's toilet. It has been stinking for years and years. It is like the favourite pissing hub for the entire Toa Payoh central. If a public institution cannot even have a decent smelling toilet, I have little hope for coffeeshops.

Singapore is very practical one. Unless there is incentive (aka $$$), people do not care to improve there restrooms much.

I garantee than if our authority give a % rent discount for hawker & coffeshop vendors for a clean toilet, say 7% for grade A, 5% for grade B, 3% for grade C, no incentive for grade D, & below, pay 5% penalty

For sure most the toilets will army standby standard!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If I'm going to the hawker centre, I would pee until dry dry before leaving home.. [:p]

Edited by TMCTR88

(edited)

I think most coffeeshop toilets have some inherent design problem. Could be space issues (i.e. too small/ enclosed or lack of ventilation).

The parks, or reservoirs' toilets are usually quite well designed. (especially the newer designs are) Open concept and very well ventilated.

I do agree the users have a part to play but the designs/ materials/ traffic flow should take the first hit.

BCA or architecture faculty/ interior decor can come up with competitions and design some toilets for heartlander neighbourhood coffeeshop toilets.

All for the name of functionality and hygiene, achieve good balance on cost/benefit ratio.

Aim for red dot design in toilet environment for peasants (if there is such category :p).

Some rental or property tax discount if they achieve A grade (as suggested by Kiadaw) is a good start too.

Edited by Jpcc