News: what u can get in USA for a QQ locally.

SimonTan

Turbocharged

Vinay Mathur from Mumbai able to buy a 130K car once he settles in Singapore..who was the bro here who declared FTs dun compete with locals for COEs thereby driving up prices to a ridiculous level? [mad]

↡ Advertisement

Sorry but how does HK control their car population given their cars are much cheaper than SG.

After paying for their houses they no money buy car liao. Housing prices is quite insane there.

in US buy 5-series got hot model to wash your car ah???

Quite high standard leh, but not my type. Anyway, my angmoh bad, I mean we pay much more in Singapore, but doesn't get extra stuff more for the money, we get more or less the same thing (give & take).

Come to think of it.....I also don't know how I can be kena gong tau to think that my Jazz $71,000 is damm worth it in Singapore.

After comparing its the US or Europe pricing.....I realized I am actually a gong kia to be hoodwinked to buy such a expensive depreciating assets in Singapore.

Monday, Jun 04, 2012

The Business Times

A Porsche for a Chery

By Joyce Hooi

One man's Chery QQ is another man's Porsche Boxster Black Edition - if the Porsche man were shopping for a car in the United States, that is.

Soaring Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums and a robust Singapore dollar have made the cheapest passenger car here - the manual Chery QQ 0.8 - the equivalent of most European luxury badges elsewhere.

Even at a promotional net price of S$74,988, the Chery QQ gets you the Porsche Boxster Black Edition at US$55,200 (S$71,450)

Shouldn't read such news. Makes a car owner feel stupid.

But truth is that income wise also Singapore and US similar.

So if you do similar job there, you earn similar money and can buy cheaper house/car.

Imagine where the quaility of life better?

No wonder so many people emigrating.

Neutral Newbie

Shouldn't read such news. Makes a car owner feel stupid.

But truth is that income wise also Singapore and US similar.

So if you do similar job there, you earn similar money and can buy cheaper house/car.

Imagine where the quaility of life better?

No wonder so many people emigrating.

to be frank...needn't look so far to migrate.

As usual grass looks greener on the other side of the fence.

That's why they keep wanting to come over the SGP... :blink: