CNA: People spending more money on pets

Darthrevan

(edited)

dogs are like kids but they r more willing to please u and listen to u.

my mother commented before if there isnt a dog in our house, she may end up whole day at home sleeping and probably down to depression.

initially she do not agree to have a dog at home but my sis just brought 1 home anyway. but she did not force us to remove the dog, accepting the dog after some times.

u need to be an responsible animal lover to take care of 1. my sis only bring the dog for grooming thats all and has missed the yearly injection she is supposed to bring the dog to vet. the responsiblility is now between me and my mother.

i do not agree money can be well spent on supporting an african kid or something...cos afterall, u do not get close emotional support from them.

My dog makes my house lively because it is 'lways there for you'. when the dog is out for grooming, the house feels so 'empty' for that few hrs...

Edited by Babyt
↡ Advertisement

nothing wrong with that actually becos most pet food are actually crap and cause cancers. esp. those canned food. Imagine you eating canned food everyday. Same thing for pets. But supermarket pet food is actually really bad, so buying the 'best' at the supermart is still rubbish food which is worse then food court food.

I used to feed my dogs kibble/dog food until we did the math and turns out if we cook for them, same weight, costs the same.

many said Pedigree brand not good. my fren fed his goldie for years using that brand and it lived a good long age of 15yo. its considered long life for a big dog breed.

many said Pedigree brand not good. my fren fed his goldie for years using that brand and it lived a good long age of 15yo. its considered long life for a big dog breed.

i'm sure got ppl can survive on canned processed food for a long time also, but not everyone.

The best is dun give them eat any canned food.. like my dog now he already 14years old jack russia .. still lively & greedy for food.. too bad he is losing eyes sight due to cataract..doc say too old for operation.. [:(]

(edited)

nothing wrong with that actually becos most pet food are actually crap and cause cancers. esp. those canned food. Imagine you eating canned food everyday. Same thing for pets. But supermarket pet food is actually really bad, so buying the 'best' at the supermart is still rubbish food which is worse then food court food.

I used to feed my dogs kibble/dog food until we did the math and turns out if we cook for them, same weight, costs the same.

anyway, what other ppl do with their $$$ is their par-sah. ppl go geylang and century KTV not waste $$$ meh? Might as well also say pay $$$ pump petrol is car is waste $$$ also. pui

Science diet aso not bad..ya lor.. cooking for dog at least not salty & heatlhy..

i wonder wad is the most worth to spent? if everything aso waste $$..

Edited by Aaron_soh80

(edited)

problem w my 9yo goldie is that it will vomit out cooked food if he takes alot. looks like as he gets older, he cant take cooked food except dry food. maybe he like to swallow his food fast but i cant teach a dog to eat their food slowly leh.

nowadays we stopped giving him rice, boiled potatoe.

if u have tasted dry dog food, actually their food has no taste one....same like fish food...fishy smell but no taste.

Edited by Babyt

(edited)

Science diet aso not bad..ya lor.. cooking for dog at least not salty & heatlhy..

i wonder wad is the most worth to spent? if everything aso waste $..

from what i read, science diet not that great either. they spend alot of $$$ putting their products in vet clinics though.

Most impt when u buy dog food is to read the ingredients.

here's a review on science diet: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-rev...diet-puppy-dry/

i used to feed my dogs Orijens and before switching to cooked food, they were on Fish for Dogs.

one of my dogs also eat too fast, so had to get those bowls that prevent them from gulping down food too fast.

DogIt-Anti-Gulp-Dish-300x278.jpg

the other dog eats properly, just super super picky.

Edited by Mockngbrd

I was at a supermart near the pets food section when I saw this old couple with their adult son. Son said to parents "We must get the best dog food for her(their pet dog). A couple of minutes later, the mother asked where they should have dinner. The son replied "Food court of course, cheaper there". ....\

The mother kept quiet but I was sure I could see sadness in her eyes.

Exactly what I feel.

Some people rather spend on pets than spend on their parents.

(edited)

Exactly what I feel.

Some people rather spend on pets than spend on their parents.

not only pets ..some pple aso rather spent on cars/houses/LSB/gf/i phone/pad ..

Edited by Aaron_soh80

All I know is I can call a dog a bitch and get away with it.

Dun do that....cos the dog might 'owlooooooo'---->means kknbccb. [:p]

But it is precisely that a pet is a living thing that distinguishes it from all other luxury items and GENERALLY people who own pets are so emotionally attached that it comes at the expense of their own human emotional ties with other PEOPLE.

A car is just a car - I never consider it family.

But lots of people, in a misplaced fit of love, state their clueless bull terrier as an integral part of the family. And all downstream issues starts - dog poo, dog biting children and yet they defend their dog and themselves and can't let go.

I agree it is people own wish. And I am ok so long they keep their dogs away from innocent people and real human family.

And when the dog crossed the line or when anyone enter into any tussle with dogs, people should know that the dog is only a dog, and NEVER family.

I am not writing as a cat. [laugh]

Looks like you dont like dogs [laugh] cos in my post I stated as PETS but you only focus on dogs [rifle]:D

dogs are like kids but they r more willing to please u and listen to u.

my mother commented before if there isnt a dog in our house, she may end up whole day at home sleeping and probably down to depression.

initially she do not agree to have a dog at home but my sis just brought 1 home anyway. but she did not force us to remove the dog, accepting the dog after some times.

u need to be an responsible animal lover to take care of 1. my sis only bring the dog for grooming thats all and has missed the yearly injection she is supposed to bring the dog to vet. the responsiblility is now between me and my mother.

i do not agree money can be well spent on supporting an african kid or something...cos afterall, u do not get close emotional support from them.

My dog makes my house lively because it is 'lways there for you'. when the dog is out for grooming, the house feels so 'empty' for that few hrs...

[thumbsup]

Same feeling here ^_^