Scoot Maiden Flight Already Not So Maiden ...

Picnic06-Biante15

CNA reported : Scoot makes maiden flight to Sydney

By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 04 June 2012 1836 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's first long haul budget carrier Scoot will finally take to the skies with its inaugural flight to Sydney on Monday night.

The flight is scheduled to depart from Singapore Changi Airport at 11.25pm and will arrive in Sydney at 9.20 on Tuesday morning.

And it will be a full flight, with about 400 passengers onboard.

The first flight comes after months of preparation, which saw the aircraft-bought from Singapore Airlines, being refitted.

This meant doing away with more than two tonnes of entertainment equipment to make way for iPads.

Doing so, means a lighter plane where less fuel is used.

Scoot said this has been one way it's been able to save costs in view of higher fuel prices.

- CNA/ck

ST report : Low-cost carrier Scoot's maiden flight delayed

Low-cost carrier Scoot's maiden flight to Sydney on Monday was delayed for more than an hour due to a technical fault.

The Boeing 777-200 jet, with a full load of about 400 passengers, remained grounded at press-time on Monday night, as engineers tried to get it fit for take-off.

The flight with paying passengers, guests and members of the media left Changi Airport Terminal 2 at 11.45pm - 20 minutes later than scheduled. But it turned back on the runway and returned to the boarding area at 12.20am.

CNA & ST, different reports ... [:(]

If SIA can't tidy up TigerAir, I am not taking Scoot. Already maiden flight facing problem, how to trust future destinations will not face delaying problem.... :blink:

Take off at 11.45pm and returned to runway at 12.05am, after 20 minutes in the air.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The flight with paying passengers, guests and members of the media left Changi Airport Terminal 2 at 11.45pm - 20 minutes later than scheduled. But it turned back on the runway and returned to the boarding area at 12.20am.

If SIA can't tidy up TigerAir, I am not taking Scoot. Already maiden flight facing problem, how to trust future destinations will not face delaying problem.... :blink:

Take off at 11.45pm and returned to runway at 12.05am, after 20 minutes in the air.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Think they didn't take off, "turned back on the runway".

Turbocharged

I thk the 2 class 95 morning djs are on it...lets wait for the loud mouth to shoot.

Maybe they fly back in SIA BUSINESS class. [:p]

Internal Moderator

CNA reported : Scoot makes maiden flight to Sydney

By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 04 June 2012 1836 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's first long haul budget carrier Scoot will finally take to the skies with its inaugural flight to Sydney on Monday night.

The flight is scheduled to depart from Singapore Changi Airport at 11.25pm and will arrive in Sydney at 9.20 on Tuesday morning.

And it will be a full flight, with about 400 passengers onboard.

The first flight comes after months of preparation, which saw the aircraft-bought from Singapore Airlines, being refitted.

This meant doing away with more than two tonnes of entertainment equipment to make way for iPads.

Doing so, means a lighter plane where less fuel is used.

Scoot said this has been one way it's been able to save costs in view of higher fuel prices.

- CNA/ck

ST report : Low-cost carrier Scoot's maiden flight delayed

Low-cost carrier Scoot's maiden flight to Sydney on Monday was delayed for more than an hour due to a technical fault.

The Boeing 777-200 jet, with a full load of about 400 passengers, remained grounded at press-time on Monday night, as engineers tried to get it fit for take-off.

CNA & ST, different reports ... [:(]

did they cite what technical issues? scary leh. :o

Internal Moderator

I thk the 2 class 95 morning djs are on it...lets wait for the loud mouth to shoot.

i'm on perfect 10! hope they mention it hahaha.

Supersonic

wahaha....can see scoot oredi pickup up tiger's bad habits early.

Turbocharged

Scoot not so Smoot-h on first shoot.... [:p][:p]

Scoot is like Scat. Maybe the smooth ones. [:)] You know, soon-soon. Every morning soon-soon. ^_^

What exactly is budget airline? They budget or we budget? For refugees on the move? :huh:

What wrong with current SIA Board of Directors ... [:(]

Better ask Mr Pillay back as CEO ... -_-

Scoot is like Scat. Maybe the smooth ones. [:)] You know, soon-soon. Every morning soon-soon. ^_^

Cannot be budget until like that... [:(]

Its humans lives they are bringing onboard their planes.. -_-

Turbocharged

Cannot be budget until like that... [:(]

Its humans lives they are bringing onboard their planes.. -_-

That is why i don't fly budget. Dun really know what they mean. [laugh]

(edited)

Oh...no wonder this morning I feel so nice and enjoyed my class95. Nice songs selection!

Chey... I thought they changed the format.

So Glenn and venessa is on the fateful plane?

Oh...are they coming back tomorrow(wed)?

I guess they will have to say Good things about Scoot....how can bad mouth their sponsors?

Edited by SimonTan

Oh...no wonder this morning I feel so nice and enjoyed my class95.

The I thought they changed the format.

So Glenn and venessa is on the fateful plane?

Oh...are they coming back tomorrow(wed)?

I guess they will have to say Good things about Scoot....how can bad mouth their sponsors?

Brain & Mark Richmond going this Sat with one winner from 90.5 .... :o

Think they didn't take off, "turned back on the runway".

Piew... [sweatdrop]

Thats mean abort take-off. What if it overshot the runway and into the Changi Coaster beach... [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement