Japan: Hokkaido - Free And Easy in Hokkaido

Yaloryalor

Guys,

I am planning to go Japan in the Aug/ Sep period.

Will stay few nights in Tokyo and in between thinking to go Hokkaido (1st time).

I have been to Tokyo twice so planning wise shouldnt be a prob.

For Hokkaido, I have no idea. From Tokyo fly to Sapparo then stay few nights in Sapparo? Is it like tokyo where I can stay at the same hotel then just travel out to few places?

I would like to see those big grass field/ country side in Hokkaido.

No self drive can?

Any advice?

Tks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Guys,

I am planning to go Japan in the Aug/ Sep period.

Will stay few nights in Tokyo and in between thinking to go Hokkaido (1st time).

I have been to Tokyo twice so planning wise shouldnt be a prob.

For Hokkaido, I have no idea. From Tokyo fly to Sapparo then stay few nights in Sapparo? Is it like tokyo where I can stay at the same hotel then just travel out to few places?

No self drive can?

Any advice?

Tks in advance!

How many days you have in HKD? :huh:

Sapporo road system is like american city where all the roads are like tictactoe.... You can go to

- kirin beer factory

- red light district (susukino)

- Clock tower

- Ramen shopping.

You can also spend a day at Otaru, which is a small seaside town with lots of nice godowns and glassworks. I had the best sushi in my life there.... Much better and cheaper than tsukiji.

Guys,

No self drive can?

Any advice?

Tks in advance!

LOL. [laugh] I can only see rice fields all over the place, everywhere. But, nobody seems to be working at the fields.

Sapporo road system is like american city where all the roads are like tictactoe.... You can go to

- kirin beer factory

- Clock tower

- Ramen shopping.

You can also spend a day at Otaru, which is a small seaside town with lots of nice godowns and glassworks. I had the best sushi in my life there.... Much better and cheaper than tsukiji.

If I dun drive?

I am thinking if can then I will stay in the same hotel or maybe jus change 1 hotel so dun have to bring my luggage around. Wanna see natural scenery like below:

Hokkaido_summer_field_picture_13652848_3439235.jpg

Japan-Hokkaido-Landscape-JF114_350A.jpg

Turbocharged

I am thinking 3 nights. tks

HKD is a big place with many things to see. 3 nights you just be around Sapporo + a day trip to Otaru (there is a day trip JR ticket around

Turbocharged

If I dun drive?

I am thinking if can then I will stay in the same hotel or maybe jus change 1 hotel so dun have to bring my luggage around. Wanna see natural scenery like below:

Cannot see the picture. SPR area not need to drive. Just walk around or take the subway.

- kirin beer factory

- Clock tower

- Ramen shopping.

If I dun drive?

Hokkaido_summer_field_picture_13652848_3439235.jpg

Japan-Hokkaido-Landscape-JF114_350A.jpg

If I dun drive?

All the above no need driving.... It's within or near Sapporo city....

(edited)

HKD is a big place with many things to see. 3 nights you just be around Sapporo + a day trip to Otaru (there is a day trip JR ticket around

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Turbocharged

If I dun drive?

paiseh. still cannot see. ipad also cannot. *shrugs*

You get to see quite alot of scenery on the Airport Express train from Chitose Airport to Sapporo.

Remember: Jaga Pokkuru (Repeat 10x) ^_^

Turbocharged

fcuk.... reminded me jaga pokkoru.... I left it at taiwan airport.... Never had a chance to eat.... BTW, jaga pokkoru can also be bought from Narita Airport....

Yup. Singapore also got sell but $25 per box. [knife]

I spent 10 days just in central Hokkaido, Chitose > Sapporo > Lake Toya > Niseko > Kitayuzawa > Chitose. Drive, coffee, ski, buffet, onsen, Cheese cake, shopping, do nothing.

If only want to spend 3 days, suggest drive from Tokyo to Karuizawa for factory outlet, driving those initial D kind of windy mountain road, stay in Ryoken in the mountain, onsen. Skip Hokkaido for next time.

All the above no need driving.... It's within or near Sapporo city....

Wow, good news/ info for me! Tks! Do you know how to go there? By train or bus?

Turbocharged

I spent 10 days just in central Hokkaido, Chitose > Sapporo > Lake Toya > Niseko > Kitayuzawa > Chitose. Drive, coffee, ski, buffet, onsen, Cheese cake, shopping, do nothing.

If only want to spend 3 days, suggest drive from Tokyo to Karuizawa for factory outlet, driving those initial D kind of windy mountain road, stay in Ryoken in the mountain, onsen. Skip Hokkaido for next time.

& Vending Machines!! [bounce2] [bounce2]

paiseh. still cannot see. ipad also cannot. *shrugs*

You get to see quite alot of scenery on the Airport Express train from Chitose Airport to Sapporo.

Remember: Jaga Pokkuru (Repeat 10x) ^_^

So from Tokyo I should fly to Sapporo or fly to Chitose airport?

↡ Advertisement