Selling car, agents do paperwork?

Gary469

Hi all, i just posted my car for sale in sgcarmart. received 2 sms from some agents who say they will give me 2% of the buyer's bank loan if i let them handle the paperwork.

anyone tried before? seems like a good deal!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

hmm my thoughts were if got someone to do, can get some free cash, can settle my outstanding loan.

seems good.

yea true on the buyer's loan part. understand the free lunch part, how can the agent just offer 2% without confirming on the loan.

i called back to ask and he told me to meet him, saying will give me 2%.

Edited by Gary469

Yup . . Heard that there is this company call sgCarMart Connect that do everything for you..

Supersonic

Hi all, i just posted my car for sale in sgcarmart. received 2 sms from some agents who say they will give me 2% of the buyer's bank loan if i let them handle the paperwork.

anyone tried before? seems like a good deal!

i got such sms b4 too. it's not juz paperwork but handle buyer loan too. called them and they act blur say maybe at most give $100. time wasters.

If the other private buyer want to take loan, then of course you can recommend the Agent to the buyer, and get the 2% comms.

Pretty standard, as most AD salesman also get comms from bank loans and ins sales!

The agent will ask the seller to sign a form to get the PIN from LTA.

This will allow the agent to do the car name transfer from their office computer.

The seller do not have to go anywhere, can fax the signed copy to the agent.

The car sales money will be TT to seller bank account.

Provided the agent is a honest man and don't run off.(that's the only risk to use a agent)

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I tried before, you can actually neg for more

than 2% if buyer taking a bigger amount and longer

term.

thanks for all the feedback, think i might try sgcarmart connect since they are also offering cashback.

at least harder for them to run away with the cash i reckon.

don't bother responding to those agents that offer to do for you. bunch of scammers.

ask me to send my details to them. after they liaise with my buyer, then call me say cannot give 2%, can only give $100 plus.

talk like gangster also.

some of my friends had very bad experience with these agents. seems like their mode of operation all the same.