Mercedes Benz C180CGI engine oil requirements

Keithchue

bros, asking on behaldf of a friend, i need to know the amount of EO that that this car needs.

thank you in advance

↡ Advertisement

If an owners is expected to check and topup the engine oil, way before the car's scheduled mileage maintance, is this car a well designed car?

Meaning if the engine oil level drops to low level, then it could mean the engine is poorly designed, as it 'eats' up engine oil unnecessarily too fast.

Then the mileage maintenance program should be timed to allow the car engine oil to be topup or replaced during these routine maintenance intervals, without allowing the engine oil to drop to dangerously low level.

That's why I like my Japanese cars. Very well designed. In fact don't even ever need to worry about engine oil or radiator oil or transmission oil low or top up. The scheduled maintenance will take care of such things.

bros, asking on behaldf of a friend, i need to know the amount of EO that that this car needs.

thank you in advance

bro, u can find lotsa info on your friend's c180 cgi at sgmerc.com. there are also non-C&C workshops that are sponsors in that forum who can advice you/your friend the cost of servicing.

If an owners is expected to check and topup the engine oil, way before the car's scheduled mileage maintance, is this car a well designed car?

Meaning if the engine oil level drops to low level, then it could mean the engine is poorly designed, as it 'eats' up engine oil unnecessarily too fast.

Then the mileage maintenance program should be timed to allow the car engine oil to be topup or replaced during these routine maintenance intervals, without allowing the engine oil to drop to dangerously low level.

That's why I like my Japanese cars. Very well designed. In fact don't even ever need to worry about engine oil or radiator oil or transmission oil low or top up. The scheduled maintenance will take care of such things.

U r wrong to say that.

In general, Merc are designed for Autobahn, i.e. from 110km & above. That's mean engine is running at a higher temp & higher pressure.

In our start-stop traffic, engine oil will have higher water content than autobahn driving. Water content will burn off together with engine oil over time. In fact, it is good to have some oil loss like 1L over 7k - 8k km to get rid of water content.

Lastly, performance Japanese cars also consumes Engine oil especially wankel engine.

Supercharged

The guy is asking the engine oil capacity of the engine, never mention about engine oil consumption and top up [hur]

The answer: 5.5 liters.

can you read what people are asking before replying?

thanks, been ther and cannot really find a good answer. the car is in hopsital aftera head on collision wiht another red light beater.

the manual in in the car at CC not with her. so does not really know the amt needed.

oh wow... kena accident... hope your friend gets well soon... C&C will know how much EO needed

The guy is asking the engine oil capacity of the engine, never mention about engine oil consumption and top up [hur]

The answer: 5.5 liters.

[thumbsup] spot on...bro Phang [wave]

Hypersonic

Can get away with just using 5 litre as some engine oil always stuck inside?

If not very troublesome to get 5 litre and 1 litre bottle.

:D

Supersonic

thanks, been ther and cannot really find a good answer. the car is in hopsital aftera head on collision wiht another red light beater.

the manual in in the car at CC not with her. so does not really know the amt needed.

thot how many litres of engine oil it needs would be the least of the concerns after the car is hospitalised following a head on collision..... [confused]

Wonder what is the real reason for asking?

So as the buy the cheaper Mobil1 oild from Giant to refill?

Or worried the repair workshop under/overfill?

thot how many litres of engine oil it needs would be the least of the concerns after the car is hospitalised following a head on collision..... [confused]

I would think so too.....

anyway a google on specs can give you that answer. No need ask here when u get dimwits comparing their Jap Fit blah blah, no end hearing the cb mouth

can you read what people are asking before replying?

Thanks Picanto......bugger no farking eq nor IQ :angry: :angry:

u still keep ur manual?? or u give time capsule aldy [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Supersonic

u still keep ur manual?? or u give time capsule aldy [laugh][laugh][laugh]

of course keep la. but dem blardy thick....neber read oso. [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement