Near Accident Caused by Reckless Van on CTE - GBC 1861K

Micarforum

Twincharged

I use this road very frequently..the lane 3 is actually a two lane merging together way before the chevron marking and further down the road, lane 3 exits the expreesway and only lane 2 and 1 goes on into the tunnel.

So as lane 3 is a merger lane, the van driver was a Ba5tard for not giving way to Murano as the murano was ahead of him..and the murano had to change lane or he would end up exiting the expressway and his ego did not allow him to slow down and change lane behind the van as the latter initially did not give way to him.

The van driver's ego was more and he did not want to brake for the murano resulting in a close call for TS.

So bottom line, van driver at bigger fault for not wanting to give way to the Murano at the merging lane and ego came way into both drivers..

IMO the Murano is more at fault cuz the van is faster. So the Murano should just slow down and go behind the van rather than force his way out.

↡ Advertisement

murano the problem lah.

quite clear simi model recorder?

Finevu CR-300, but it has no indication of speed that i was traveling at [mad] like that how to prove that the van was traveling above 70km/h even though it looked quite fast?

Send this video to TP for action: [email protected] asap c/w the date, location, landmark (Direction of travelling).

Btw, goods vehicles were at no circumstance allow to travel on lane 1 (right most-lane) regardless of any excuses nor hogging.

From the video, this idiot Hiace van 3.0 Turbo reckless travelled from slip road and straight-off to lane 1 of 4 (Right of-lane) is extremely reckless.

This pane van driver could be charge:-

- reckless driving

- speeding (At lest 110 to 120 km/h) - licence could be suspended to by TP upon called-up for interview at TP Office @ Ubi. (Van speed limit was 70 km/h)

- hogging on lane 1 (Right most-lane) of express-way

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reporting of Traffic Violation

To report traffic violations, the following necessary ingredients must accompany the violation reports, namely:

1. The full registration number of the vehicle of which the driver/rider is alleged to have committed a traffic violation

While the make and colour of the vehicle, if provided, may be advantageous to the investigation process, only the FULL registration number is required.

2. The date, time and location of the alleged offence

Location of the alleged offence should be relatively precise (e .g Pan-Island Expressway in the direction of Tuas before the exit into Adam Road, Central Expressway in the direction of Ayer Rajah Expressway at the 5KM mark, etc).

3. The nature of the alleged offence

This refers to the circumstances leading to, during, and after the alleged offence (e.g . the lane which the drivers/riders were traveling on, traffic condition, manner of driving/riding, etc).

4. Confirmation of willingness to testify in court should the offender dispute the alleged offence

This refers to the feedback provider

Vehicle Details

Vehicle No.: GBC1861K

Vehicle Type: A50 - Goods (Closed) Van/Van Panel (Delivery)

Vehicle Attachment 1: No Attachment

Vehicle Scheme: Normal

Vehicle Make: TOYOTA

Vehicle Model: HIACE AUTO

Chassis No.: JTFHT02P600074549

Engine No.: 1KD2100361

Engine Capacity: 2982 cc

Maximum Laden Weight: 2800 kg

Unladen Weight: 1760 kg

Year Of Manufacture: 2011

Original Registration Date: 11 Jul 2011

Lifespan Expiry Date: 10 Jul 2031

COE Category: C - Goods Vehicle & Bus

Quota Premium: $29,006.00

COE Expiry Date: 10 Jul 2021

Road Tax Expiry Date: 10 Jul 2012

Inspection Due Date: 10 Jul 2012

Intended Transfer Date: 20 Jun 2012

Twincharged

Send this video to TP for action: [email protected] asap c/w the date, location, landmark (Direction of travelling).

Btw, goods vehicles were at no circumstance allow to travel on lane 1 (right most-lane) regardless of any excuses nor hogging.

From the video, this idiot Hiace van 3.0 Turbo reckless travelled from slip road and straight-off to lane 1 of 4 (Right of-lane) is extremely reckless.

- reckless driving

- speeding (At lest 110 to 120 km/h) - licence could be suspended to by TP upon called-up for interview at TP Office @ Ubi. (Van speed limit was 70 km/h)

Think he'll just get for speeding only leh. He swerved cuz of the murano. The TP will still charge him because of that meh?

I use this road very frequently..the lane 3 is actually a two lane merging together way before the chevron marking and further down the road, lane 3 exits the expreesway and only lane 2 and 1 goes on into the tunnel.

So as lane 3 is a merger lane, the van driver was a Ba5tard for not giving way to Murano as the murano was ahead of him..and the murano had to change lane or he would end up exiting the expressway and his ego did not allow him to slow down and change lane behind the van as the latter initially did not give way to him.

The van driver's ego was more and he did not want to brake for the murano resulting in a close call for TS.

So bottom line, van driver at bigger fault for not wanting to give way to the Murano at the merging lane and ego came way into both drivers..

Sometimes there are idiotic bullies who purposely speed up in a merging lane to bully another vehicle into giving way to them, even if the bullied vehicle is ahead. More than once i am queuing up in a merging lane, even giving way to a car slightly ahead of me in the next lane, only to find that a car had sped up and popped right beside me. One was even aggressive enough to force me to eat into chevron and nearly eat the wall (in KPE) too.

For this case, it could be that the van found himself next to the murano in the filter/merge lane, coz the murano couldnt find it in himself to let the van enter the Eway first. You think the van would happily speed up and try to bully a SUV?

just curious

can a van/commercial vehicle use lane 1 on a 2 lane expressway??

2 lane i think can as the 2nd lane is consider filter lane? [:/] anyone an provide any insights on this?

haiz.. why driving has so much to do with ego and pride... we don't see that happening when we are walking on the streets, but once we enter the car, many people transform...

- reckless driving

Then what can we charge the Murano Driver with? It was him who forced the hiace into lane 1 what? <_<

Vehicle Details

hi bro, how/where to get these information?

Vehicle Details

Wah, new one leh :wub:

(edited)

Yes, he'll be charged:-

- speeding

- hogging on lane 1 (Right most-lane)

- swerved straight-off to lane 1 from slip road

If you don't believed then you can check with Stomper that TP will send him an email to acknowledgement of the Case after he report on-line and in about 2 weeks later, TP will post him a Case Letter and you can request Stomper to post the said letter on--line for confirmation.

I regularly reported mobile on the go, reckless driving, hogging, speeding, stop in yellow box, failure to give-way to pedestrians etc and all were either charged in Court / TP.

Just today alone, i had reported 5 cases via email to TP (I'm not bull shitting) and i'm quite regular reporting to TP for the last 2 years as i care about road safety cum public safety too.

Edited by Trafficwatch

You go to: www.onemotoring.com.sg then look for Transfer of ownership, type in vehicle full registration nos and just type in the Intend to Transfer date and all data will be available.

The murano is also reckless! should charge him for reckless driving for cutting into the van's lane abruptly

Yes, he'll be charged:-

- speeding

- hogging on lane 1 (Right most-lane)

- swerved straight-off to lane 1 from slip road

If you don't believed then you can check with Stomper that TP will send him an email to acknowledgement of the Case after he report on-line and in about 2 weeks later, TP will post him a Case Letter and you can request Stomper to post the said letter on--line for confirmation.

I regularly reported mobile on the go, reckless driving, hogging, speeding, stop in yellow box, failure to give-way to pedestrians etc and all were either charged in Court / TP.

Just today alone, i had reported 5 cases via email to TP (I'm not bull shitting) and i'm quite regular reporting to TP for the last 2 years as i care about road safety cum public safety too.

wah bro, u damn pro, can summarise what offence i should report for the van, and for the black murano? i m quite confused. or can just provide video and say reckless driving, and let TP decide?

↡ Advertisement