Very Close Lightning Strike

2BDriver

The Lightning Strike at 00:23 with volume warning, the taller guy luckily ran passed the strike spot just few seconds ealier and saved his life [sweatdrop].

↡ Advertisement

Maybe fake cause i have seen lightning struck those hdb lightning rods. The area struck was smoky after that. N there was an incident caught on tv where the lightning struck a football pitch during a game. Most of the players nearby were collapsed onto the pitch eventhough none was touched by the lightning.

Twincharged

Maybe fake cause i have seen lightning struck those hdb lightning rods. The area struck was smoky after that. N there was an incident caught on tv where the lightning struck a football pitch during a game. Most of the players nearby were collapsed onto the pitch eventhough none was touched by the lightning.

Notice the guy near the lighting strike was tip toeing up and down and seems to felt the impact from the ground. He seems do not know where is the exact location of lighting strike but felt the impact.

Turbocharged

serves the guy right for taking a dump on a beach :D

it does look genuine though, given the camera and ppl's reactions. i've seen lightning struck a tree just next to a pitch we were playing on(wont forget till i die) ... looks a lot like that

i had a close shave before during NS

for those that went up marsiling hill before, you will know there is a big lightning rod at the top, fenced up. The rod is like a flag pole.

Once i was with my cadets.. abt 20m from the pole when lightning hit it. without the pole.. i think we kena already.

heard light strike will have AOE on nearby objects?

Bro Babyt,

Care to explain what is AOE on nearby objects ?

T. I. A.

AOE: Area Of Effect.

Just like throwing a bomb, the ppl around the G spot within x radius will still get hurt.

heard light strike will have AOE on nearby objects?

Ya have. But i think if you carrying anything with >16 Lightning Resist, you should be fine.

Neutral Newbie

when younger i was with a couple of friends trying to run along bt batok road to train for ns when it started raining heavily. end up we are stuck at a bus stop jus opposite the old dazhong primary school. thinking of running in the rain we venture about 10m away from the bus stop when a loud bang and a bright orange light. a lightning jus struck the hill beside us. damn our hair all stand and we got this weird feeling in our body. ran like madmen back to the bus stop. [knife]

when younger i was with a couple of friends trying to run along bt batok road to train for ns when it started raining heavily. end up we are stuck at a bus stop jus opposite the old dazhong primary school. thinking of running in the rain we venture about 10m away from the bus stop when a loud bang and a bright orange light. a lightning jus struck the hill beside us. damn our hair all stand and we got this weird feeling in our body. ran like madmen back to the bus stop. [knife]

Hi, Bro Khimwoon,

Thank God blessed you and friends to live on telling this story, I was been blessed to escaped death and live on to tells one of my forever remembered thunder story too.....

I was a 9 yrs.old boy, went with mother to visit her good friend staying in those old 3 storey flats at Sembawang Naval Base, upon arriving the sky was covered with thick dark cloud with strong winds blowing, we entered the flats unit at 3rd storey level and all sad in the living room busy greeting each other, next minute we all saw this orange colour bright lights strike horizontal from the house main door right into the kitchen windows passing living room wall and disappeared out into the open field behind the block and then followed by a loud thunder bang !

All of us was too shocked to say anything but to stay put on our sofa seats for another 30 minutes without hasty movements, mother told me that it was a thunder lightning passed through from the door into the house, she instructed me to keep my head below the window, eversince she kept reminding me whenever rainings, must stays indoor and stay out of all windows and door ways until my full grown adult age with this particular narrow escape [sweatdrop]

Very true,

HDB flat lighting arrester is designed to reduce the % of lighting striking the units below. I once saw it striking the common corridor metal handle right in front of my eye during a raining day. By the way, my unit is located on the 8th floor.

Don't play with your life. Close your door when there are heavy rain and thunderstorm.

Rgds

Very true,

HDB flat lighting arrester is designed to reduce the % of lighting striking the units below. I once saw it striking the common corridor metal handle right in front of my eye during a raining day. By the way, my unit is located on the 8th floor.

Don't play with your life. Close your door when there are heavy rain and thunderstorm.

Rgds

Lightning killed 11 people at one go in Colombia.

Worst case I have heard,

video in link

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/06/world/americas/colombia-lightning-strike/

(CNN) -- A lightning strike killed 11 members of an indigenous tribe in northern Colombia Monday after an electrical storm broke out during an early morning ritual.

Helicopters airlifted 13 injured people to hospitals for treatment, Gen. German Saavedra told reporters.

The lightning struck around 3 a.m. Monday during a ritual of the Wiwa community's government in the remote Sierra Nevada mountains, CNN affiliate Caracol TV reported.

Bernardo Gil Moscote, a member of the community, told Colombia's El Tiempo newspaper that villagers were gathered in a ceremonial hut to discuss problems the community was facing. He had stepped out to get a drink when he heard crashing thunder that shook the mountains.

↡ Advertisement