Weird Noise After Rotor and Pad Change

NatX

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Just like to ask all the experts here on how to get rid of this very irritating problem:

I went a to a workshop to change brake rotors and pads and all was fine. One day however, a weird sound was emitted from one of the brakes. I didnt think anything was wrong till it happened a few times after that.

I then started to realize that if I held my steering wheel at an angle, there is a chance that the sound will appear. Kind of a whirling noise.

What is the problem? I went back to the workshop and they used a screwdriver to wedge between the rotor and pads a while and said all was fine but the sound still exists. Can someone help please?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Yr mech may have not push back the piston(s) far enough. The pad is force into position resulting is a very tight fit - it very bad as the fiction will cause brake seizure due to high heat generated. Suggest yr mech remove the pad, move the piston back as much as possible and rework/clean up the caliper.

PS spreading the piston with a screw driver is not the right way to do the job - what they need is a disc piston spreader

post-272-1339577555_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

any good workshop in the north or west that can do this well? Thanks so much for the help!

Neutral Newbie

Went to workshop and mechanic spun all the wheels and there was no sound. Now suspecting it has something to do with the engine mounting since I changed them together with the brakes

Neutral Newbie

Spun the wheel to check wheel bearing. Nothing wrong.

Today when I started the car, it seemed to have a quiet version of the sound. Could it be engine mounting/aircon? If its aircon also a bit weird because the angle of the steering wheel does seem to play a part (at a certain angle, sound is more likely to happen).

However, this morning the steering was straight and I just started the car. After a while (without moving off) the funny sound occured...

Help )=

Spun the wheel to check wheel bearing. Nothing wrong.

Today when I started the car, it seemed to have a quiet version of the sound. Could it be engine mounting/aircon? If its aircon also a bit weird because the angle of the steering wheel does seem to play a part (at a certain angle, sound is more likely to happen).

However, this morning the steering was straight and I just started the car. After a while (without moving off) the funny sound occured...

Help )=

My friend also facing this problem turn the steering wheel a sizzling sound appeared, mechanic asked him to change this and that

End up he found out that the air-con drainage choke he clear up the pipe and no more sound after that...Hope this is the same scenario as wat you faced.

↡ Advertisement