The Flying Dutchman, Literally!!!

Mustank

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/...613-352542.html

20120613.201806_skypark.jpg

Dutch tourist falls to death from MBS SkyPark

This is the first time such an incident has happened since the SkyPark's June 2010 opening. -AsiaOne

Wed, Jun 13, 2012

AsiaOne

A 46-year-old Dutch tourist fell to his death from Marina Bay Sands Skypark on Tuesday afternoon.

This is the first time such an incident has happened since the SkyPark's June 2010 opening.

Chinese daily Shin Min Daily News said the man was found on a grass patch in front of the integrated resort and that he was already dead when police officers and Singapore Civil Defence Force responders arrived.

MBS deployed more than 10 staff to seal up the area and prevent passers-by from gathering.

A black screen was erected in front of the scene. Security officials were also posted to prevent unauthorised access.

The officials said renovation works were going on when questioned by the Chinese daily's reporter.

It is understood that the deceased is not a hotel guest, but one from another nearby hotel.

Two Dutch embassy officials who were at the mortuary declined to comment.

The police have classified this incident as a case of "unnatural death" and are investigating.

The Marina Bay Sands SkyPark is 57 storeys high and sits at more than 200m above ground level.

↡ Advertisement

I think it will be very traumatic to look at the damage of the body after hitting the ground down from 57 floor.

going to stay there tomrw with parents in law. hope they dont read this news n get freaked out.

i hope they reduce the rate, then i go book [:p]

[blush][blush][blush]

whats there to freak out...big hotel. not those inn.

if jump down from so high.....the body sure chui.

(edited)

I like the title.. [laugh] [laugh]

not bad right [:p] hope the real Flying Dutchman don get too pissed with me [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Mustank

I think it will be very traumatic to look at the damage of the body after hitting the ground down from 57 floor.

I dunno how the cleaning crew is gonna clean this up, probably splatted all over the place and need to hose everything down the drain. [dizzy]

Supersonic

Not long ago there was one woman fell from about 60 storey at swisshotel, and now this man fell from MBS building! :wacko:

Turbocharged

Not long ago there was one woman fell from about 60 storey at swisshotel, and now this man fell from MBS building! :wacko:

Don't think the woman fell from so high.

not bad right [:p] hope the real Flying Dutchman don get too pissed with me [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Be kind to the deceased, I know you meant well, Nver quote other Alias name juz becoz he is dutch, There're many nationalities among us, dun do unto others if we do not want others to do unto us. ( Confucius )

Respect the dead/ rest in peace.