Spray internals of headlight black

Calvinus

Any bro done this before?

I think it should be legal given that this will not affect the operation of the headlights or circuitry, distract other road users...any bro know otherwise?

Finally where can I get this done and how many days will this take?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I think it should be legal given that this will not affect the operation of the headlights or circuitry, distract other road users...any bro know otherwise?

don't think..

failed, you won't pass the inspection.

looks gd but it has to be done properly.. water vapour may appear if sealing is not done well.

i second that. unless u have too much pocket money to spare. dont get into trouble by doing this. too much money to spare pls donate to charity to do good deed or can spent on other more better things.

if fail.........can undo meh.........gotta change the entire headlight..........which the price can spray many many times

I used to did it on my 1st ride 10 yrs ago

3--4 hrs job

Passed inspection for 3 x

Can't spray at reflector area

I passed inspection but I nv say it's approved ar

Think it's grey area

Read up the Subaru thread but people ask before

Water goes in anot depends on worksmanship

No guarantee ba

Mine was ok for years

I paid 150 for a pair + add in orange signal lookalike inside

Copy from magazine , jdm look

don't think..

failed, you won't pass the inspection.

looks gd but it has to be done properly.. water vapour may appear if sealing is not done well.

Not true...mine has the headlights spray internally...I fail my inspection...but not because of the headlights...I fail becos of the JDM privacy glass at the back.

I think that no matter what LTA cannot anyhow fail something... if you look at their published guidelines, for every damn thing that they want to object, they have to give reasons... common reasons given include: distraction to other drivers = road hazard - this applies to LED lights, very white lights, Daytime running lights, etc; may result in malfunction of car = road hazard - this applies to change to HID lamps, replacement of engine parts, exhaust parts...; Environmental issues - decat, exhaust modifications...

I think spraying internal should not be an issue at all... If any bro know will fail, please share the reasons given...

zhenghu dun need to explain to you. FAIL because never say pass..... not the other way round hor " never say illegal means ok"

(edited)

I passed every inspection. LTA guidlines are:

1. CANNOT smoke/tint

2. CANNOT mask

3. Did not say cannot black base

But like another bro mentioned, cannot spay the reflectors portion

Edited by Scoots

I passed every inspection. LTA guidlines are:

1. CANNOT smoke/tint

2. CANNOT mask

3. Did not say cannot black base

But like another bro mentioned, cannot spay the reflectors portion

so bro Scoots, meaning u passed your inspections with your internals of your headlight sprayed black?

Siao eh? Y u wana do that?

If black is better (or nicer for that matter), den the car manufacturer r the stupidest in the world for not making it black in the first place after spending millions of dollars on R&D...

Wake up lar....

Siao eh? Y u wana do that?

If black is better (or nicer for that matter), den the car manufacturer r the stupidest in the world for not making it black in the first place after spending millions of dollars on R&D...

Wake up lar....

[hur] your wife never let you piak piak ah ?

The reflective background is to intensify the light. By spraying it black, the brightness of your headlamp will diminish. This will affect safety and you might want to check whether LTA has a illumination criteria.

Neutral Newbie

The reflective background is to intensify the light. By spraying it black, the brightness of your headlamp will diminish. This will affect safety and you might want to check whether LTA has a illumination criteria.

ya sia. why spray black? aesthetics? curious to know. :huh:

Neutral Newbie

ya sia. why spray black? aesthetics? curious to know. :huh:

ah. understooded... just did google search.

agree it does look dope. can show the outline of your LED much clearer.

amazing stuff people come up with for their rides... [sly]

too bad not everything is legal...

reflective part cannot spray, spray the other parts (unless is projector type) and yes, much nicer with black inner , I'm also interested to do as it's much cheaper than changing to original/aftermarket ones.

Example below --->

post-1137-1340255888_thumb.jpg

post-1137-1340255913_thumb.jpg

I suppose there is no longer a need to respond to the guy who asked why we want to do it... With regard to the claim that this will result in lower illumination, I have doubts that this is true since we are not spraying the reflective parts... Think that car manufacturers tend to "play it safe" and go for mainstream designs to cater to the masses... Those who want individuality can do their own thing and mod their rides...

All aside, I have been recommended VIM auto... Any one tried and any good?

I suppose there is no longer a need to respond to the guy who asked why we want to do it... With regard to the claim that this will result in lower illumination, I have doubts that this is true since we are not spraying the reflective parts... Think that car manufacturers tend to "play it safe" and go for mainstream designs to cater to the masses... Those who want individuality can do their own thing and mod their rides...

All aside, I have been recommended VIM auto... Any one tried and any good?

↡ Advertisement