JC Girl Tried To Use Older Person's IC To Get Into Club

Vulcann

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...persons_ic.html

Posted on 15 Jun 2012

Nanyang JC girl tried to use older person's IC to get into club

nanyang_jc_girl_tried_to_use_older_persons_ic-thumbnail.jpg

She wanted to go clubbing but was below the age limit of 18 years so she used another person's identity card (IC) to try to get into St James Power Station in March. A security officer at the entrance of the Powerhouse dance club asked for identification and noticed that the picture on it was not of her.

Liu Yifan, 17, admitted borrowing it from a friend and on Thursday the student of Nanyang Junior College pleaded guilty to using someone else's identity card without lawful authority.

Because of her age, District Judge Soh Tze Bian called for a report to gauge her suitability for probation.

Court documents state that Liu confided in schoolmate Hong Lili, 19, in early March that she wanted to go clubbing. Hong then got the identity card of Tong Wern Ching, 18, who was enrolled in Temasek Polytechnic.

On March 23, Liu went to St James Power Station at about 11pm with her boyfriend Eng Ting Fong, 20, a full-time national serviceman. About two hours later, they tried to get into the Powerhouse and she was found out.

Security officer Muhammad Iimi Hussain, 24, found Liu's ez-link card on Eng. She had told him to keep it in case her belongings were checked.

The cases against Eng, Hong and Tong for abetting in the offence have not heard yet.

Liu will be back in court on July 12 for sentencing.

Visit the Courtroom for the latest court stories.

↡ Advertisement

Last x so many went sparks also did this stunned rite

Most kana ban only mah

But still can go in one la

Now club so on meh

Foc advertisement ar

(edited)

waste of police and judicial resources. really, cant the police just send a warning letter?

and this genius district judge still wants to waste MORE resources for a probation suitability report?!

Edited by Tonyhawk

Hypersonic

Student use older person's ID to enter club ... is this new ? You mean last 30 years no kids went clubbing or everyone was in outerspace ? Why suddenly so big news now ?

The difference is she got caught now whereas in our time, we didn't ^_^

Turbocharged

im surprised ... i was never carded here once during my poly days (prior to turning 18) ... she must be damn suay or the bouncer must be new and on the ball sia ...

In the 90s so many were caught lei

I also one of them

But got contacts

Banned oso can go in

Underage oso ok

Hahaha

Turbocharged

I didn't think the clubs were so "on" since it's to their advantage to have more of this type of "fresh meat" coming in..... can make their atmosphere more 'happening' and attract more people (guys!) [laugh]

But may be due to greater enforcement from authorities. Clubs probably get fined or punished quite heavily if there's a sudden raid or check and underage patrons are found.

Newspaper interviewed Avalon n zirca

Both say their will take down names n ban

Only this one so on

Maybe their grp ya ya papaya

HahHa

Supercharged

I didn't think the clubs were so "on" since it's to their advantage to have more of this type of "fresh meat" coming in..... can make their atmosphere more 'happening' and attract more people (guys!) [laugh]

But may be due to greater enforcement from authorities. Clubs probably get fined or punished quite heavily if there's a sudden raid or check and underage patrons are found.

i think they are so 'on' since my clubbing days many moons back. They do check the IDs. even i kena a few times.

↡ Advertisement