Falling into the MRT platform gap: Simple Solution Found

Donutnews

Neutral Newbie

SINGAPORE: Donations are pouring in from all over the world to help alleviate the national phenomenon of MRT commuters falling into the platform gap.

Donut News understands that one of the donor, Ronald of Des Plaines, Illinois has kindly agreed to donate 100,000 pairs of customized shoes to help prevent a nation-wide catastrophe.

The special shoes has so far helped the world-famous clown planted his footprint all over the world, without falling into any platform gap.

A simple solution to a complex problem.

Post taken from Donut News

Ronald-Shoes-11.jpg

Ronald-Shoes.jpg

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Thread of the day!

Actually, you can still fall if your sole is in the gap.

This better.

power-kite-sand-skis.JPG

Edited by Kiadaw

(edited)

SINGAPORE: Donations are pouring in from all over the world to help alleviate the national phenomenon of MRT commuters falling into the platform gap.

Donut News understands that one of the donor, Ronald of Des Plaines, Illinois has kindly agreed to donate 100,000 pairs of customized shoes to help prevent a nation-wide catastrophe.

The special shoes has so far helped the world-famous clown planted his footprint all over the world, without falling into any platform gap.

A simple solution to a complex problem.

Post taken from Donut News

I am starting to wonder if this TS is really bo liao, 2nd topic from the same TS with the same 'crap news' thus wasting bandwidth :angry:

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Hypersonic

He wants us to visit his website Donutnews ma.

Anyway, the gap between the platform and train is 10cm as reported. It's indeed a bit wide.

Thread of the day!

Actually, you can still fall if your sole is in the gap.

This better.

SMRT can use FWs to roll out a small carpet every time the train picks up passengers ... the carpet will cover the gap

Not say the MRT is a new thing or what.

After operating for 26 years with almost zero incidences like this, we suddenly get two in a week.

I seriously think that there is a conspiracy behind all this.

Maybe the injured 'victims' are all paid?

The gap was once wider in the past till they added something like a rubber to close the gap.......but that was in the old NS & EW lines.....not sure abt the newer lines though....

Turbocharged

Must follow london liao??

mind-the-gap.jpg

mind-the-gap1.jpg

As you can see from the pic, London's tube "GAP" is even wider, esp those stations with a curved platform. No incidents heard! (mind you london tube also as crowded as our MRT durng peak hours)

Wonder how those ppl in SG MRT will kena? Text cellphone while walking??

(edited)

Most overseas train platform gap are wider due to temperature variation is much wider. Singapore's gap is peanut lah. Just need to be careful even though it's smaller.

I am amazed how efficient and effective the Japanese trains run even though theirs are much older and much much more overloaded than ours. Their train stations are so old and dusty, but everything works. Compare to our gleaming ones which keep on breaking down again and again.

IMO, we should start focussing on how to run trains better rather than just cosmetic appearance.

Edited by Kangadrool

Most overseas train platform gap are wider due to temperature variation is much wider. Singapore's gap is peanut lah. Just need to be careful even though it's smaller.

I am amazed how efficient and effective the Japanese trains run even though theirs are much older and much much more overloaded than ours. Their train stations are so old and dusty, but everything works. Compare to our gleaming ones which keep on breaking down again and again.

IMO, we should start focussing on how to run trains better rather than just cosmetic appearance.

wider for temperature variation? sure or not? No wonder i feel my house getting bigger these few weeks!

[smash] [smash] [smash] [smash]

just teasing

a result of overly pampered, overly concern *abeit used wrongly* and mostly, ignorant.

becos those drop in are FT

↡ Advertisement