Battery indicator, what can be wrong?

Windwaver

Recently, I came across a electronic circuit connect to the battery. Looks a like the voltage stabilizer

Basically, I break down the carbon and sulphate dioxide on the batt plate to improve performance.

Even old battery, it will function as per normal. Anyone aware of this gadget???

↡ Advertisement

Automotive battery is lead-acid battery and composed of lead/oxide plates/sponge and sulphuric acid.

There is no carbon and no dioxide. Anyone who market this does not know the basics.

Lead sulphate is formed during the discharge phase.

It is normally converted back to its lead and sulphuric acid component during charging.

However, it is known that some lead sulphate can hardened and do not revert back, especially when left for prolonged period in a discharged state.

Some people sells desulphators, which are electronic device sending out high voltage pulse in an attempt to breakdown the hardened lead sulphate.

Results may vary depending on how badly the battery is sulphated.

Recently, I came across a electronic circuit connect to the battery. Looks a like the voltage stabilizer

Basically, I break down the carbon and sulphate dioxide on the batt plate to improve performance.

Even old battery, it will function as per normal. Anyone aware of this gadget???

As I know the battery plates wil start to b covered with the sulphuate when the current stops flowing. This device might b releasing a small current to the battery after u shut off the engine to prevent this.

It wil make yr battery last much longer.

Can share how you DIY the cameras battery?

I already shared in the in-car camera thread. Go search for it there. Lets not OT on other stuff here on this thread.

Supercharged

My batt just died at my workplace....will jump start later, anione noe which workshop is open after 8pm?

Call the DACB guy, he advertise on our MCF. His name is Eric, service not bad. He will come to you, 24hrs a day!

The easiest way is to use a multimeter or voltmeter to check the voltage at the battery if it is 13+ to 14V. If it is, means alternator is working. If only 12+ to 11V, means alternator not working.

No need to remove batt terminal. :o

that's the right way to test it [thumbsup]

I am very scared and of maintenance free battery. Some can last quite long but some just die without warning. I Kena twice and now only use wet battery. At least can last 2 years. When you tried that have to top up water more and more, have to be careful already cos it's a sign of end of life. For around$100 per battery, quite worth. Topping up battery water is not that difficult

that's true, sealed maintenance free battery do not give you "advance" warning before it die, wet type still have some tell tale signs

If u need to top-up water often, it means yr alternator is over-charging the battery.

But now most pple use maintenance-free battery. Most can last abt 2 yrs.

If less than that, the battery farked up. But also depends on what electrical stuff u hv. If u overload it wil spoil faster.

besides overloading, it also depends on the number of cranks you do per day cause that's where most of the juice are sucked out of the battery.

Automotive battery is lead-acid battery and composed of lead/oxide plates/sponge and sulphuric acid.

There is no carbon and no dioxide. Anyone who market this does not know the basics.

Lead sulphate is formed during the discharge phase.

It is normally converted back to its lead and sulphuric acid component during charging.

However, it is known that some lead sulphate can hardened and do not revert back, especially when left for prolonged period in a discharged state.

Some people sells desulphators, which are electronic device sending out high voltage pulse in an attempt to breakdown the hardened lead sulphate.

Results may vary depending on how badly the battery is sulphated.

well said, not a lot of owners out there understand the theory behind desulphators.

besides overloading, it also depends on the number of cranks you do per day cause that's where most of the juice are sucked out of the battery.

Ya thats why try not to do short trips of <20mins cos each crank to start takes abt 20 mins to recharge the juice used.

Also short trips dun give yr exhaust pipe time to dry throughly n u wil get corrosion very quickly.

Ya thats why try not to do short trips of <20mins cos each crank to start takes abt 20 mins to recharge the juice used.

Also short trips dun give yr exhaust pipe time to dry throughly n u wil get corrosion very quickly.

well, unless they drive like me so short trip won't be a problem to charge the battery, the problem is FC will be bad :D

well, unless they drive like me so short trip won't be a problem to charge the battery, the problem is FC will be bad :D

Ya some dun hv that problem but hv others. Hahaha [laugh]

Most of my trips >30 mins so Im safe. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement