Robbed and molested while fake CCTV watches on

Ahtong

girl_0.jpg

The 17-year-old student's worst fears were realised when she was accosted in the lift of her Woodlands Drive HDB block early last Saturday.

A tall, well-built man slipped in past the lift's closing doors and wrapped his right arm around her neck.

That was just the start of her five-minute ordeal, during which the man not only robbed but also groped her.

She reported the matter to the police, who searched the area but could not find the man.

To make matters worse, the CCTV in the lift turned out to be only an empty casing.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Tuesday (June 19).

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Quite standard lah not all CCTV are real.they are there to deter, in this case the offender probably know its fake

so bad thing,give false sense of security to the residents.

the HDB still not doing anything to all the other dummies camera in all the flats?

HDB TENANTS DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FROM HDB FOR THESE FAKE DUMMIES CAMERA GIVING A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY!!!!!

*even though i am just someone living at the void deck.

Quite standard lah not all CCTV are real.they are there to deter, in this case the offender probably know its fake

like play bluff, whether you want to believe or not [laugh]

Everything is getting cost cuts.

Only superficial wayang installation.

Thieves and crooks will be embolden if such news are reported in newspaper often enough.

Turbocharged

Cost-cutting...

Want to fake also should not fake the ones at important locations such as the lift.

These people ah, really wonder if they use their brain to think or not.

Next time squeeze the guy testicles (if he has one)....I tot it was pretty effective in recent reported Chinese news..

So all those Urine Detector Devices installed in lifts since ages ago.. also fake one ah?

Confirm fake. In the old place where I was living some years back, the UDD signs were there but it is still quite a frequent occurence that people pee in the lifts.

So all those Urine Detector Devices installed in lifts since ages ago.. also fake one ah?

but dun try those at mrt station hor [laugh]

Twincharged

u think the govt 'subsidising' the town council conservancy charges for free? Have to find some way to fund the subsidy (or cut some corners)

Supercharged

u think the govt 'subsidising' the town council conservancy charges for free? Have to find some way to fund the subsidy (or cut some corners)

does woodlands belong to sembawang grc? i remember their town council lost a tidy sum during the lehmann brother financial crisis

Fake cameras ok for traffic and can as deterrent as next one on same stretch can be real.

But as resident, only need 3 lifts to be fitted and that's all and lots of HDB got monitor on display at ground floor.

I will be quite mad to know it is a fake.

I would want to see the tender quotation. :ph34r:

Twincharged

does woodlands belong to sembawang grc? i remember their town council lost a tidy sum during the lehmann brother financial crisis

hmm, now it's making sense [laugh]

↡ Advertisement