Australia: Adelaide - Pls share tour itinerary for 1 week

pls share itinerary for Adelaide - 1 week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,

gg there for post grad study for 2 weeks in Jan next yr.

tot after 2 weeks can get my wife and son-2+yrs along for 1 week in Adelaide.

any itinerary to share?

some told me Adelaide good for 2 days, but i should drive ocean road to Melborne and back.

what u guys think?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Stayed there for 4 years a couple years back, so maybe can give some suggestions.

Adelaide is a laid-back state, nice place to relax instead of the usual shopping shopping shopping.

Barossa Valley - For all the wine lovers. There's also the "whispering wall" enroute to it.

Hanndorf - Small German village, nice food, beer, european snacks & sweets.

Giant Rocking Horse - All the wooden toys and handicrafts. Also have their own wildlife park where u can go up close to the kangaroos, sheeps etc to feed them. Good place for kids.

Mount Lofty - Highest peak in Adelaide, able to see the whole city. Alternative is Windy Point.

Shopping - Rundle Mall in city for current season shopping. Marion Shopping Centre for suburban shopping mall. Harbour Town for off-season clothing/shoes going cheap.

Drive-in Cinema - Mainline Drive-in cinema at Gepps Cross, under Wallis Cinema.

Light night cafes/snacks - North Adelaide, Unley, The Parade, Glenelg.

Beaches/cafes - Henley beach, Glenelg (Hogs Breath, way much better than SG. Also the deep fried oysters or kilpatrick at the takeaway store).

If u have more time to spare, at least 3-4 days, can consider Kangaroo Island. Drive your rental car across via a ferry, abit ex though.

Great Ocean Road is good, but the Apostles are nearer to Melbourne side. You may want to consider driving from ADL to MEL, and fly off from MEL back to SG instead. The journey is a 12hr one-way drive via highway, longer if u go via the coastal roads.

Went back twice over the past few years, never got bored of it. But that's me.. cheers!

Supersonic

share share wat u tink la... [:p]

Better i dun say so much...skali u cancel ur trip. [lipsrsealed][laugh][laugh] Juz follow lattesurf's recommendations and you'll be fine. [;)]

Better i dun say so much...skali u cancel ur trip. [lipsrsealed][laugh][laugh] Juz follow lattesurf's recommendations and you'll be fine. [;)]

must telll him very bore, then he tell wife and kid dun go, then he will be there alone happy! [laugh][laugh]

heard Adelaide is greta place for seafood. can give some recommendations?

Stayed there for 4 years a couple years back, so maybe can give some suggestions.

Adelaide is a laid-back state, nice place to relax instead of the usual shopping shopping shopping.

Barossa Valley - For all the wine lovers. There's also the "whispering wall" enroute to it.

Hanndorf - Small German village, nice food, beer, european snacks & sweets.

Giant Rocking Horse - All the wooden toys and handicrafts. Also have their own wildlife park where u can go up close to the kangaroos, sheeps etc to feed them. Good place for kids.

Mount Lofty - Highest peak in Adelaide, able to see the whole city. Alternative is Windy Point.

Shopping - Rundle Mall in city for current season shopping. Marion Shopping Centre for suburban shopping mall. Harbour Town for off-season clothing/shoes going cheap.

Drive-in Cinema - Mainline Drive-in cinema at Gepps Cross, under Wallis Cinema.

Light night cafes/snacks - North Adelaide, Unley, The Parade, Glenelg.

Beaches/cafes - Henley beach, Glenelg (Hogs Breath, way much better than SG. Also the deep fried oysters or kilpatrick at the takeaway store).

If u have more time to spare, at least 3-4 days, can consider Kangaroo Island. Drive your rental car across via a ferry, abit ex though.

Great Ocean Road is good, but the Apostles are nearer to Melbourne side. You may want to consider driving from ADL to MEL, and fly off from MEL back to SG instead. The journey is a 12hr one-way drive via highway, longer if u go via the coastal roads.

Went back twice over the past few years, never got bored of it. But that's me.. cheers!

oh man..I go to Adelaide about twice a year for business..and yes, it is a very quiet place...too quiet for me....

Can't remember exactly where but somewhere near Barossa Valley, you can find a small little zoo ..

It is good if you could rent a car there...easier to get around

↡ Advertisement