MediaCorp TV channels to go digital from end-2013

Wubb

(edited)

Think got to subscribe but beri cheap plus many diff channels to see.......

You call this cheap? Cheapest package is RM87.90. Don't convert hor..... dollar to dollar....

http://support.astro.com.my/shop.aspxa

Just sports wise, theirs should be cheaper. However, not sure if can subscribe JUST sports channels...

Edited by Tjkbeluga
↡ Advertisement

digital or ANALog....the shows shown on mediacork all rerererererun donno how many times or those B grade movies. who watch sia! [shakehead][shakehead] even the B movies they will show rerun :wacko:

Yea, i spend last than 10% of my time on Mediacorpse channel, only watch news, undercover boss, Tuesday crime stuff..that is about all

Frankly speaking, I wish TV program should all be payware (at a reasonable price, of course). That way, can get rid of those pesky ads within a TV program and also can have more decent content....

Frankly speaking, I wish TV program should all be payware (at a reasonable price, of course). That way, can get rid of those pesky ads within a TV program and also can have more decent content....

But skali you pay to watch tv programmes still have advert. [laugh]

Supersonic

Digital or not, your tv set must be able to support, right? If not also no use. -_- But i cant really tell whether the programme is in digital or not digital? [confused] To me all the same.

Will SH replace all existing STB to digital for free ?

In 3rd world commie country like PRC, one digital STB is free per household. In 1st world democratic country like US, digital STB is also free. Why ours so special ?

You have to dig deeper and see who is the ultimate big boss of these content providers.

I won't be surprised one day when everything goes digital, every household will be provided with 1 STB, you want more they also give you and all contents FOC.

By then, the catch ... they'll charge you by per MB transferred per box for all the contents you are watching.

Bookmark my post and review it again in 2020, see if what I say comes true.

Will SH replace all existing STB to digital for free ?

In 3rd world commie country like PRC, one digital STB is free per household. In 1st world democratic country like US, digital STB is also free. Why ours so special ?

sg is a 3rd world country..simple as that -_-

Neutral Newbie

To reap the full benefits of digital TV and the high definition channels that will be transmitted, viewers may want to opt for a new digital HDTV set.

Talk machiam so easy, they pay for us ah? <_<

It's funny you said that.

Last time I believe MTV and cable TV are commercial free.....but after I subscribed to starhub I realized that I was so wrong......the cable shows....all got commercials. These channels are paid channels right? Suppose to be commercials free right?

It's funny you said that.

Last time I believe MTV and cable TV are commercial free.....but after I subscribed to starhub I realized that I was so wrong......the cable shows....all got commercials. These channels are paid channels right? Suppose to be commercials free right?

Read again.... I didnt say no ads at all... What Im saying is, no ads within a TV program. In between 2 programs, its perfectly fine to have ads. This is true even now in scv. well, small exception where when 2 serial chapters are shown consecutively, they show ads at the end of first chapter.

Turbocharged

I am still using a CRT TV leh. Why must they force me to change to a LCD HDTV?

My CRT TV is still running good and strong.

You call this cheap? Cheapest package is RM87.90. Don't convert hor..... dollar to dollar....

http://support.astro.com.my/shop.aspxa

Just sports wise, theirs should be cheaper. However, not sure if can subscribe JUST sports channels...

Link broken leh.......anyway why don't convert??? So if Indo is in millions also don't convert??? [hur]

digital TV better. quality better.

then again, why need extra boxes? isnt the starhub point already digital signals?

Read again.... I didnt say no ads at all... What Im saying is, no ads within a TV program. In between 2 programs, its perfectly fine to have ads. This is true even now in scv. well, small exception where when 2 serial chapters are shown consecutively, they show ads at the end of first chapter.

we pay for starhub cable TV. having no ads is expected

digital TV better. quality better.

then again, why need extra boxes? isnt the starhub point already digital signals?

its one way of forcing pple to subscribe to one of the cable operator. But i think one can just connect it to the starhub cable point n watch the normal mediacock channel withiut the boxes. But who knows its just another way to skin the cat!

we pay for starhub cable TV. having no ads is expected

Actually, it's not really commercial ads shown in scv programs. It's mostly trailers and short video programs to fill up in between programs.

↡ Advertisement