Where to get cheap AMSOIL EO?

Blueraven

Eh, I dont see how 'free market' and 'Monopoly' go hand in hand..

Besides, I also switching camp after this- been using Amsoil for the past 6 years. Maybe try Pen..oil also. [laugh]

its available at mx trading

↡ Advertisement

Amsoil is quiet, but requires top up for my old car. 5w40

Pu still on first 1k , early to comment, average so far.

16 dollar from mx.

I used 5w30 redline n darn shiok, but workshop say no good for my old car.

Why redline no good for ur old car?

I went to their showroom today to purchase their Signature series 5W30 at S$62/gallon. I was attended to by their sales engineer and was told that in order to purchase it at this price, I have to join their membership program at S$29/2 years inclusive of a free Performance additive. This was not reflected on their website nor facebook page. Original price for non-members is S$98/gallon, according to the sales engineer.

Initially had wanted to get the Signature series 10W30 at S$58.50/gallon but they only have ex-stock which is packed in transparent bottles which I decline to purchase due to the dubious packaging.

By the way, this could be a one-time deal for me and I may just give up the membership at a token price for any MCF member who's keen. Pretty disappointed of the overall buying experience.

If they ask me to sign membership to get that price I would just walk off.

Buy engine oil still need to sign membership? Really innovative!

There are many other brands of engine oil around. It's not like Amsoil is the best that it commands such a premium price.

Btw is the membership transferrable? I doubt so man.

Why redline no good for ur old car?

I believe they meant the 5w30 is no good, not the redline.

Many workshops are just ignorant when it comes to oil.

It's either Xw40 or Yw50. That's all they know.

I believe they meant the 5w30 is no good, not the redline.

Many workshops are just ignorant when it comes to oil.

It's either Xw40 or Yw50. That's all they know.

It's how they insure against any problems with the engine.

The cheap and lousy base oils they use and claims they make quite out of this world...

In SG, if you don't do serious driving like up/down malaysia 2-4 days out of a week, revving engine to max every other drive, using 0/5w30 won't be an issue if your engine is serviced and maintained properly. Good fc for the pocket too.

If you need added insurance, 0-30w provides a slightly thicker oil, or 2 to 3 x Xw30 with remaining 1 x Xw40 mixed in.

I'm all for free mkt and monopoly. However, if a company systematically wipes out the competition and imposes a "tax" to enjoy savings then it's jus greed. This is different from a company doing membership drive.

First even at non bulk volume, Amsoil can b acquired at 15-18 per quart previously. If same price is acquired after monopoly fine. However an "artificial" tax is imposed then I do not subscribe to tat philosophy. I vote with my cash.

The chargeable membership will start from next year on so I'll be going go back to Red Line...

Apparently not as I have to pay for the membership when drop by their showroom to purchase their Signature series EO.

Wa jus received renewal notice.

Think they trying to snuff the goose tat lays the golden eggs by getting members to buy $200 worth of goods. In eo alone, that's 1.5 yrs supply. So no revenue or 1.5 yrs unless they get new buyers.

Assuming 20% margin for 2000 purchases aka $400,000 or $80k over 1.5 yrs or 53k margin annually.

They are better off selling it thru channels than to milk members.

Yup. Any business school wants to make a case study out of it? How not to kill a brand.

With all the indie importers building the brand, and the good product advertising itself, here comes a distributor who effectively undo all the good reviews generated by past users.

Time to seek out alternative.

I also received an email asking me to renew membership @$19 for 2 years, which was previously FOC. I dun intend to renew.

Below is part of the email from Alliancz-AMSOIL to me:

Dear Valued Alliancz-AMSOIL Customer,

Thank you for your kind support and trust in Alliancz-AMSOIL thus far.

In order to continue to reward you further, we are unveiling a brand new membership program offering you more benefits than before.

Simply renew your current membership (which expires 30th September 2012) @ S$19 (valid for 2 years) and receive a

I also received an email asking me to renew membership @$19 for 2 years, which was previously FOC. I dun intend to renew.

Below is part of the email from Alliancz-AMSOIL to me:

Dear Valued Alliancz-AMSOIL Customer,

Thank you for your kind support and trust in Alliancz-AMSOIL thus far.

In order to continue to reward you further, we are unveiling a brand new membership program offering you more benefits than before.

Simply renew your current membership (which expires 30th September 2012) @ S$19 (valid for 2 years) and receive a

I do have abt 1 carton of Amsoil AMO 10w40 (high Zinc formula) at home. Overstock from the last group buy. Decide to sell some of it as it takes up too much space.. Anyone keen can PM me.

• Praise 1

i received their email too. i think after using my last 4L bottle of ASL 5w30, can switch from amsoil to other brands liao. there so many out there. redline, royal purple, mobil, pennzoil, castrol...etc.

Have been using amsoil for few years. After receiving this email too, i am quitting amsoil. These guys just killed their golden goose. Amsoil is such a good product, it can sell on its own. But this mship thing is just crap.

I went to their showroom today to purchase their Signature series 5W30 at S$62/gallon. I was attended to by their sales engineer and was told that in order to purchase it at this price, I have to join their membership program at S$29/2 years inclusive of a free Performance additive. This was not reflected on their website nor facebook page. Original price for non-members is S$98/gallon, according to the sales engineer.

Initially had wanted to get the Signature series 10W30 at S$58.50/gallon but they only have ex-stock which is packed in transparent bottles which I decline to purchase due to the dubious packaging.

By the way, this could be a one-time deal for me and I may just give up the membership at a token price for any MCF member who's keen. Pretty disappointed of the overall buying experience.

I second your buying experience of Amsoil from distributor, ever since they wipe out parallel imports, their service went downhill.

Member price ? I am sure experienced members here, know where to get good oil everyday, without the gimmicky member price.

@Ranger929 - Pennzoil Ultra, Mobil 1 EP, Motul, Redline... coincidentally, they are all @ the same place.

I second your buying experience of Amsoil from distributor, ever since they wipe out parallel imports, their service went downhill.

Member price ? I am sure experienced members here, know where to get good oil everyday, without the gimmicky member price.

@Ranger929 - Pennzoil Ultra, Mobil 1 EP, Motul, Redline... coincidentally, they are all @ the same place.

Does these EO suitable for Chevrolet Aveo?

↡ Advertisement