Running Shoes - Are expensive running shoes a waste of money

Scb11980

I just bought a pair of nike free RN from queensway, sports interlink.

The nike free RN distance no stock at the shop i was buying. actually i hardly shopped cos my kids had to go toilet and i was jagaing my younger one and i wanted to go home quick.

It's bit expensive. But about same as my nike free 5.0 which i bought 5-6 years ago. 

Had a good experience with the shoe in reducing my plantar fasciitis, so just continue buying the follow up shoe.

Anyway just to let people know, queensway still has a lot of nike models despite the previous news that nike don't allow the smaller shops there to sell nike anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Time to replace my Asics Kayano.....2yrs already...have not disintegrated but feel that it is no longer as supportive.

Looking at Kayano 23/24, any lobang to get them cheap?

Time to replace my Asics Kayano.....2yrs already...have not disintegrated but feel that it is no longer as supportive.

Looking at Kayano 23/24, any lobang to get them cheap?

Amazon

Checked Amazon, those model which ships to Sg in the ballpark of:

Kayano 23   SGD 170

Kayano 24 SGD 185

all priced inclusive of shipping. 

Going to make a round at Queensway Shpg Ctr so compare the prices.

Amazon

Go IMM Asics factory outlet store. Sometimes have stock clearance sale at 30% to 40% off. Sometimes more for odd sizes. Lucky if your feet either very big or very small. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Go IMM Asics factory outlet store. Sometimes have stock clearance sale at 30% to 40% off. Sometimes more for odd sizes. Lucky if your feet either very big or very small. 

Another choice: He lives in the East so the Asics outlet at Changi City Point will be nearer for him. I bought my Cumulus 18 at $139 (I think) earlier this year. Outside (Asics store @ Suntec) was $189.

• Praise 2

Kayano 23   SGD 170

Kayano 24 SGD 185

sometimes asics boutiques themselves have discounts, maybe 20% or 30% when phasing out models.

have seen at paragon and bugis. not westgate though.

Kayano 23   SGD 170

Kayano 24 SGD 185

Kayano 24 is too new (I presume).  My fav store also selling at USD 170.

under armour goes for 70 to 80%

Managed to get this pair at SGD 181 nett from Queensway.  Kayano 23 Gecko. Cheapest price compared to some other colour Kayano 23s too.

Abit loud for me but hey, these shoes are for running and not for catwalk.... :D

p_13550426_74498721_2661011.jpg

Only later when I go back to Google then I realize that is a limited edition ..... :a-happy:

Kayano 24 is too new (I presume).  My fav store also selling at USD 170.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Managed to get this pair at SGD 181 nett from Queensway.  Kayano 23 Gecko. Cheapest price compared to some other colour Kayano 23s too.

Abit loud for me but hey, these shoes are for running and not for catwalk.... :D

p_13550426_74498721_2661011.jpg

Only later when I go back to Google then I realize that is a limited edition ..... :a-happy:

I forgot to mention in my previous post it is an Asics outlet store at Changi City Point. So the prices there are discounted.

The trend nowadays for Asics seems to be loud gaudy colours. I have a hard time finding a suitable colour.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Asics outlet at CCP!

For me running shoes are function over form, so colours consideration is secondary......I might even wear a pink one if it can be even cheaper...LOL

I am cheapo that way.... :D

I forgot to mention in my previous post it is an Asics outlet store at Changi City Point. So the prices there are discounted.

The trend nowadays for Asics seems to be loud gaudy colours. I have a hard time finding a suitable colour.

• Praise 1

Anyone has review for Mizuno Wave Rider 22?

Asics Kayano 25 OOS for quite a while (for my size), thinking to try Mizuno. 

Any other similar shoe model to kayano? 

Asics GT series is an equivalent for the Kayano, albeit the Kayano is a tad more luxurious. [laugh]

Turbocharged

I have the 22.

Compared to nimbus, it is slightly firmer. Never try kayano before so cannot comment on that.

Preparing for school run hah?

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2715659-the-school-run-or-should-that-be-school-walk/

Or getting for your kids?

Not sure about those mentioned but I find saucony overrated. Bought a pair supposedly mid range outgoing model during discount...almost always get aches after run.

I tried the GT4000, a bit stiffer than kayano, but maybe it needs to be broken in as what I read online. 

Asics GT series is an equivalent for the Kayano, albeit the Kayano is a tad more luxurious. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement