Buyers return 150 private homes in May

Wt_know

(edited)

what is the penalty for returning?

can nego with developer to "offset" (ie: $10K-$20K?) which is the penalty bear by previous buyer

if buy a returned home is considered 2nd sales (old shoes) ? [laugh]

>>> sources from ST

34smfs4.jpg

2eoa0pk.jpg

Buyers return 150 private homes in May

Figure a five-year high but spike 'due mostly to April's robust sales, so rate largely stable'

By ESTHER TEO PROPERTY REPORTER

Private home buyers returned 150 units to developers last month at projects such as Sky Habitat, The Tampines Trilliant and Hillsta - the highest number in at least five years.

These units, bought in April, made up 5.7 per cent of the more than 2,600 non-landed homes, including executive condominiums (ECs), sold that month, analysis by property research firm Square Foot Research shows.

Despite the high absolute figure for returns, experts say that in percentage terms, the rate is in line with last year's.

They add that the spike in absolute numbers is largely due to April's robust sales which had buyers snapping up the most number of units in almost three years.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

how to find fire sale? [laugh]

btw, serious question ... how to identify it's a 'returned' unit or whatever we can leverage on to pull the price further down

the sky high price just make the developer pocket sibei fat and laughing to the bank

Edited by Wt_know

how to find fire sale? [laugh]

btw, serious question ... how to identify it's a 'returned' unit or whatever we can leverage on to pull the price further down

the sky high price just make the developer pocket sibei fat and laughing to the bank

yes i also have the same question. now standby cash to buy fire sales unit.

but how to find where got fire sale?

i suspect the developers get their own ppl to sign the OTP, to create the impression of high demand for their developments. Then don't excercise and the option money just flow from left pocket to right pocket. No lost for them at all.

Turbocharged

penalty will be the option lo .. whatever they chose to give at the point of contract. standard is 1%, but I've heard of 2% from time to time. if they have exercised the option, then they personally need to go plead with the developer to reverse the sale (I've only seen it happen once) .. otherwise, the developer has every right to sue to buyer to complete the sale, regardless of the financial status of the buyer (but from what i understand, if the buyer will become a bankrupt, it may not be worthwhile for the developer to pursue ...)

if the returns were mainly shoebox units, then on 1% option, its just a few thousand dollars option fee forfeited.

Could be developers ploy, to buy up the lousier units, to drum up the demands.

Because the suckers house buyers will panic, whenever they see more and more circle stickers pasted on the units map.

The perception that if one don't act fast, the units are selling fast and good units may not be available if one were to procrastinate on the deal.

sticker is the biggest KELONG ... i don't believe it

Because the suckers house buyers will panic, whenever they see more and more circle stickers pasted on the units map.

The perception that if one don't act fast, the units are selling fast and good units may not be available if one were to procrastinate on the deal.

imho, this is a serious breach of integrity and trust but not sure whether it's an offense to do it

but i'm sure there are many loopholes where "they" can manipulate

(edited)

2% of $1,500,000 (ie: sky habitat) is 30,000 [rolleyes]

developer shouting huat ah !!! now go find next Robert

penalty will be the option lo .. whatever they chose to give at the point of contract. standard is 1%, but I've heard of 2% from time to time. if they have exercised the option, then they personally need to go plead with the developer to reverse the sale (I've only seen it happen once) .. otherwise, the developer has every right to sue to buyer to complete the sale, regardless of the financial status of the buyer (but from what i understand, if the buyer will become a bankrupt, it may not be worthwhile for the developer to pursue ...)

if the returns were mainly shoebox units, then on 1% option, its just a few thousand dollars option fee forfeited.

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged

i suspect the developers get their own ppl to sign the OTP, to create the impression of high demand for their developments. Then don't excercise and the option money just flow from left pocket to right pocket. No lost for them at all.

Yes, that's what they do...... its a 'market practice'. the agents "chope" these units under own names, friends' and families' names...........

So dont be fooled by these "80%" or "90%" sold gimmick. Its all BS.........

Remember recently there was a Bedok Condo sale, and the reporters spotted teenagers were queuing up and later they realised these school boys are paid by agents to take a queue number?

(edited)

No 1 sucker = BANK

No 2 sucker = DEVELOPER

1 + 2 join force will suck you sibei dry ... you can run but you can't hide

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement